d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread, Continued
Prev14647484950702Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 5 2022 09:49pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 6 Mar 2022 04:28)
You know how I define it. Oh look you're doing the thing you always do where you purposefully ignore previous conversations.

Roflmao, within two posts, 1 hour apart, you've gone from "stop referencing previous conversations we had, I'm not interested in rehashing every ancillary subject you can think of" to "why do you ignore previous conversations". :rolleyes:
I know how you define it, and you know that I consider your definition to be impractical when discussing contemporary American politics.

Anyway, our personal squabble aside, it boils down to this:
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 6 Mar 2022 03:51)
Democrats have been flush with cash for a long time and have recently outright overtaken the GOP when it comes to fundraising. Meanwhile, anti-capitalist groups and actors obviously have far less funding than pro-capitalist ones.

The same statement is of course still true if you replace Democrats/GOP with liberalism/conservatism.
Gold: 260.11
Mar 5 2022 09:51pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 5 2022 09:49pm)
Roflmao, within two posts, 1 hour apart, you've gone from "stop referencing previous conversations we had,

Literally never did this. This conversation has only been a few posts long, who do you think you're fooling by covering up dishonesty with more dishonesty?

"Not interested in rehashing a previous conversation" =/= "stop referencing previous conversations"

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Mar 5 2022 09:52pm
Mar 5 2022 10:05pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 6 Mar 2022 04:51)
Literally never did this. This conversation has only been a few posts long, who do you think you're fooling by covering up dishonesty with more dishonesty?

"Not interested in rehashing a previous conversation" =/= "stop referencing previous conversations"

Except that I was never trying to rehash our previous conversations/disagreements, I was just referencing them because they are crucial context to our present conversation - which drew your "not interested in rehashing"-response.

But whatever, this meta-debate is a waste of time. On the actual substance, I agreed with your point that anti-capitalist groups lack funding compared to pro-capitalist ones and then added my point that this does not extent to liberals/Democrats, who have actually surpassed Republicans/conservatives on fundraising in recent years. Note that most other readers of your original post, those who are not aware of the sharp distinction you make between 'left' and 'liberal', would have interpreted it in the latter sense, to mean that Republicans still out-raise Democrats.
Mar 5 2022 10:09pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 5 2022 10:05pm)
Except that I was never trying to rehash our previous conversations/disagreements, I was just referencing them because they are crucial context to our present conversation - which drew your "not interested in rehashing"-response.

But whatever, this meta-debate is a waste of time. On the actual substance, I agreed with your point that anti-capitalist groups lack funding compared to pro-capitalist ones and then added my point that this does not extent to liberals/Democrats, who have actually surpassed Republicans/conservatives on fundraising in recent years. Note that most other readers of your original post, those who are not aware of the sharp distinction you make between 'left' and 'liberal', would have interpreted it in the latter sense, to mean that Republicans still out-raise Democrats.

Awesome, so instead of going out of your way to bring up confounding factors just so you can attack Democrats, the appropriate response is to probably not respond at all, or respond in the affirmative.

Nothing you posted was crucial context, it was just an attempt to bring this into the Democrat vs Republican conversation so you could run interference for the right while equating Democrats with the left and attacking them by proxy.
Mar 5 2022 10:27pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 6 Mar 2022 05:09)
Awesome, so instead of going out of your way to bring up confounding factors just so you can attack Democrats, the appropriate response is to probably not respond at all, or respond in the affirmative.

Nothing you posted was crucial context, it was just an attempt to bring this into the Democrat vs Republican conversation so you could run interference for the right while equating Democrats with the left and attacking them by proxy.

In the understanding of most people, Democrats are the political left in America. :rofl:

For most people, the main fault line of American politics is the one between Democrats and Republicans, or between liberals and conservatives. You, on the other hand, argue that the distinction between the maybe 10% TrueLeft™ and everything else shall be paramount; that liberal and conservative politics are just varying shades of right-wing politics.
Mar 5 2022 10:44pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 5 2022 10:27pm)
In the understanding of most people, Democrats are the political left in America. :rofl:

For most people, the main fault line of American politics is the one between Democrats and Republicans, or between liberals and conservatives. You, on the other hand, argue that the distinction between the maybe 10% TrueLeft™ and everything else shall be paramount; that liberal and conservative politics are just varying shades of right-wing politics.

Ah man, if only you were talking to somebody you knew for a long time didn't think Democrats are the left. Shit, that would be inconvenient. Like, you would look really stupid right now with that first line, and it would show how you're being intentionally dishonest in this conversation by intentionally arguing agianst a position you know isn't being claimed.

Man, that would be embarrasing.
Gold: 14,569.69
Mar 6 2022 11:00am
For the "I wish trump was president crowd:

another fun one this am.. DeSantis can't seem to cut his RU ties to investing into FL. A motion was brought forward to do so.. GOP said no.

When given an opportunity to address the nearly $300 million worth of state investments in Russian companies, the Republican-controlled chamber ruled the amendment out of order on a technicality and avoided taking a stance.
The State Board of Education is controlled by Governor Ron DeSantis along with his fellow Republican cabinet members, Attorney General Ashley Moody and Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis. DeSantis is usually pretty outspoken but he has not offered any comments on divesting from Russian assets and his usually combative spokesperson, Christina Pushaw, referred inquiries to the Board of Administration.

This post was edited by theCrossbones on Mar 6 2022 11:14am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 6 2022 12:30pm

Gold: 14,569.69
Mar 6 2022 12:37pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 6 2022 10:30am)

Yes.. seems like Ukraine would be the PERFECT spot for the GOP, and trash groups like Proud Boys.
Get to be anti communism, no ANTIFA to scare them and pro white power.. Dunno what they are waiting for?
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

This post was edited by theCrossbones on Mar 6 2022 12:37pm
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 6 2022 12:38pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 6 2022 07:30pm)

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14647484950702Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll