d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Mueller Report
Prev14647484950173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,296.75
Mar 29 2019 07:11pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 29 2019 06:05pm)

The United States elected Farkus
Gold: 57.00
Mar 29 2019 07:19pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ 29 Mar 2019 20:53)
i "want" to read the full report.
however, this is why i don't "want" it released in full. (against law anyway)

i am more curious as to how the fbi conducted it's investigation than i am the results. still, it would be stupid to release sensitive information to operations just to satisfy my curiosity.
trump has spoken in favor of releasing the report in full, so everything "trump" will likely be released.

there were a lot of people involved in this investigation though that might think differently. they have legal right not to have their information released if they were not criminally charged.

if the full report was released. the media could create hysteria at any time in the future to gain info that would normally be protected by law.
i would call for barr to step down if sensitive info was released to public.

i share your sentiment on being interested in the contents of the full report but yeah theres zero way it gets fully provided to the oublic sans redaction at all, as this would completely wreck how the judicial system works here. but somehow we need to move the goalposts (again) because privileged lefties are still in denial about reality. they got their investigation but it wasn’t good enough.

they want their result not a fair process. just like with Kavanaugh, just like with the election, and like it will always be with the election and math and reality-denying privileged lefties. the only way to deal with groups like this is how you deal with a spoiled brat: tell them no you’re not getting your way no matter how much you tantrum and be firm about it

This post was edited by excellence on Mar 29 2019 07:22pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 29 2019 07:22pm
Quote (excellence @ Mar 29 2019 08:19pm)
i share your sentiment as this would completely wreck how the judicial system works here, but somehow we need to move the goalposts (again) because privileged lefties are still in denial about reality. they got their investigation but it wasn’t good enough.

they want their result not a fair process. just like with Kavanaugh, just like with the election, and like it will always be with the election and math and reality-denying privileged lefties. the only way to deal with groups like this is how you deal with a spoiled brat tell them no you’re not getting your way no matter how much you tantrum and be firm about it

They got their investigation... but somehow the 4 page summary by the president's appointee isn't good enough! Who knew?

So weird that people would want to know the underlying facts of the case.
Gold: 57.00
Mar 29 2019 07:27pm
Quote (IceMage @ 29 Mar 2019 21:22)
They got their investigation... but somehow the 4 page summary by the president's appointee isn't good enough! Who knew?

4 pages or 400 pages or all of them unredacted in size 72 comic sans font with arrows pointing at key paragraphs and a fleet of unbiased lawyers to explain it to everyone won’t change your privileged lefty emotional state on the matter.

you’ve gone from “Mueller is done with his findings and that’s enough for me” to demanding a complete abandonment of the justice system in the same thread.

This post was edited by excellence on Mar 29 2019 07:30pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Mar 29 2019 07:29pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 29 2019 09:22pm)

I could see the left wanting to know the particulars of the case if.....they hadn't dreamed the whole thing up to begin with.

Maybe they want to see all the details so they can learn from their mistakes... this time? I mean if they really believe that this case held an ounce of water, I want what they are smoking.
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 29 2019 07:45pm
Quote (excellence @ Mar 29 2019 08:27pm)
4 pages or 400 pages or all of them unredacted in size 72 comic sans font with arrows pointing at key paragraphs and a fleet of unbiased lawyers to explain it to everyone won’t change your privileged lefty emotional state on the matter.

you’ve gone from “Mueller is done with his findings and that’s enough for me” to demanding a complete abandonment of the justice system in the same thread.

Derp?

Yes... I trust Mueller's investigation. So I want to see what he uncovered.

The opposition to Mueller's findings being made public by Trump cultists is bewildering. It tells the rest of us that you know the campaign was corrupt.

This post was edited by IceMage on Mar 29 2019 07:46pm
Gold: 5,356.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 29 2019 07:55pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 29 2019 08:05pm)

https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download
Comey’s initial draft statement, which he shared with FBI senior leadership on May 2, criticized Clinton’s handling of classified information as “grossly negligent,” but concluded that “no reasonable prosecutor” would bring a case based on the facts developed in the Midyear investigation. Over the course of the next 2months, Comey’s draft statement underwent various language changes, including the following:
•The description of Clinton’s handling of classified information was changed from “grossly negligent” to “extremely careless;”
•A statement that the sheer volume of information classified as Secret supported an inference of gross negligence was removed and replaced with a statement that the classified information they discovered was “especially concerning because all of these emails were housed on servers not supported by full-time staff”;
•A statement that the FBI assessed that it was “reasonably likely” that hostile actors gained access to Clinton’s private email server was changed to “possible.” The statement also acknowledged that the FBI investigation and its forensic analysis did not find evidence that Clinton’s email server systems were compromised; and
•A paragraph summarizing the factors that led the FBI to assess that it was possible that hostile actors accessed Clinton’s server was added, and at one point referenced Clinton’s use of her private email for an exchange with then President Obama while in the territory of a foreign adversary. This reference later was changed to “another senior government official,” and ultimately was omitted.

Each version of the statement criticized Clinton’s handling of classified information. Comey told us that he included criticism of former Secretary Clinton’s uncharged conduct because “unusual transparency...was necessary for an unprecedented situation,” and that such transparency “was the best chance we had of having the American people have confidence that the justice system works[.]”

i am bolding that little bit for a reason. i will later add in video of horowitz explaining this statement in person. this is more of a summary with a very slight factual opinion thrown in.

We found that, by no later than September 29, FBI executives and the FBI Midyear team had learned virtually every fact that was cited by the FBI in late October as justification for obtaining the search warrant for the Weiner laptop, including that the laptop contained:
•Over 340,000 emails, some of which were from domains associated with Clinton, including state.gov, clintonfoundation.org, clintonemail.com, and hillaryclinton.com;
•Numerous emails between Clinton and Abedin;
•An unknown number of Blackberry communications on the laptop, including one or more messages between Clinton and Abedin, indicating the possibility that the laptop contained communications from the early months of Clinton’s tenure; and
•Emails dated beginning in 2007 and covering the entire period of Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State.

As we describe in Chapter Nine of our report, the explanations we were given for the FBI’s failure to take immediate action on the Weiner laptop fell into four general categories:
•The FBI Midyear team was waiting for additional information about the contents of the laptop from NYO, which was not provided until late October;
•The FBI Midyear team could not review the emails without additional legal authority, such as consent or a new search warrant;
•The FBI Midyear team and senior FBI officials did not believe that the information on the laptop was likely to be significant; and
•Key members of the FBI Midyear team had been reassigned to the investigation of Russian interference in the U.S. election, which was a higher priority.

We found these explanations to be unpersuasive justifications for not acting sooner, given the FBI leadership’s conclusion about the importance of the information and that the FBI Midyear team had sufficient information to take action in early October and knew at that time that it would need a new search warrant to review any Clinton-Abedin emails. Moreover, given the FBI’s extensive resources, the fact that Strzok and several other FBI members of the Midyear team had been assigned to the Russia investigation, which was extremely active during this September and October time period, was not an excuse for failing to take any action during this time period on the Weiner laptop.The FBI’s failure to act in late September or early October is even less justifiable when contrasted with the attention and resources that FBI management and some members of the Midyear team dedicated to other activities in connection with the Midyear investigation during the same period. As detailed in Chapter Eight, these activities included:

The FBI’s inaction had potentially far-reaching consequences. Comey told the OIG that, had he known about the laptop in the beginning of October and thought the email review could have been completed before the election, it may have affected his decision to notify Congress. Comey told the OIG, “I don’t know [if]it would have put us in a different place, but I would have wanted to have the opportunity.”

Much like with his July 5 announcement, we found that in making this decision, Comey engaged in ad hoc decisionmaking based on his personal views even if it meant rejecting longstanding Department policy or practice. We found unpersuasive Comey’s explanation as to why transparency was more important than Department policy and practice with regard to the reactivated Midyear investigation while, by contrast, Department policy and practice were more important to follow with regard to the Clinton Foundation and Russia investigations.

Comey’s description of his choice as being between “two doors,” one labeled “speak” and one labeled “conceal,” was a false dichotomy. The two doors were actually labeled “follow policy/practice” and “depart from policy/practice.” Although we acknowledge that Comey faced a difficult situation with unattractive choices, in proceeding as he did, we concluded that Comey made a serious error of judgment.

i'm going to go watch the horowitz/wray testimony again. "most" of the ig's "concerning" issues are not recognized as issues in the report. his job is basically to identify that things are done "in the norm", it is not his job to actually question the fbi's decisions.
however, he does have an opinion and better explains his choice of words when given the opportunity to. i will have better relation to your specific question of "grossly negligent" after that.

i know there's a lot to read there, but trust me it's the very tippy top of it. i have to stop at some point with only 1 post though. the video is a few hours long, so i probably won't post the related response tonight.
if you have more questions to add specifically to this topic, i'll try to address them as i finish this post tomorrow.
Gold: 5,356.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 29 2019 07:59pm
Quote (excellence @ Mar 29 2019 08:19pm)
i share your sentiment on being interested in the contents of the full report but yeah theres zero way it gets fully provided to the oublic sans redaction at all, as this would completely wreck how the judicial system works here. but somehow we need to move the goalposts (again) because privileged lefties are still in denial about reality. they got their investigation but it wasn’t good enough.

they want their result not a fair process. just like with Kavanaugh, just like with the election, and like it will always be with the election and math and reality-denying privileged lefties. the only way to deal with groups like this is how you deal with a spoiled brat: tell them no you’re not getting your way no matter how much you tantrum and be firm about it

they can't help it. their elected officials and tv personalities are saying it so.

Quote (IceMage @ Mar 29 2019 08:22pm)

you know that summary was released basically over-night right? that summary also states that it is only a summary, and that an actual report will be coming in the future.
why is the left attacking the man before he even finishes? the summary was "fan-service" because everyone is so impatient. (understandably impatient, but still. the summary was an "extra")
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 29 2019 08:16pm
Butt butt Clinton?
Seriously? Negligence is hardly comparable with the nature of mueller's investigation.
BTW how about kushner clearance? Etc.
Off topic

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Mar 29 2019 08:16pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Mar 29 2019 08:22pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 29 2019 10:16pm)
Butt butt Clinton?
Seriously? Negligence is hardly comparable with the nature of mueller's investigation.
BTW how about kushner clearance? Etc.
Off topic

Oh, destroying 33,000 emails is... negligence?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14647484950173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll