d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1464748495079Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 7,252.72
Aug 23 2012 05:53pm
Quote (SecondGear @ Aug 23 2012 07:50pm)
Why would I show you that? I believe Jesus did exist...

No I'm saying show me where you found that the source.  That's new to me and I'd like to see the source of that.

Since when is show me the evidence ever mean I am denying? See muslims don't twist sentences around. You guys do. All I'm asking for is the source so I can go read it myself.

...so you see this as an " us against them " scenario ?
Gold: 56.10
Aug 23 2012 05:59pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 23 2012 06:53pm)
...so you see this as an " us against them " scenario ?

What does this have to do with anything. Why don't you just show me the source of where you found your statement. Your changing the whole topic while I'm trying to help you and myself out. Show me the evidence of where you got that from. If you can't find it.

Case closed.
Gold: 186.16
Aug 23 2012 06:20pm
Quote (SecondGear @ Aug 23 2012 08:53am)
Sorry for the late reply I was a bit confused my self.

Please read the quotes previous/and after quotes to understand the context and not just state one quote that says fight.

89. They wish that you reject Faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you all become equal (like one another). So take not Auliya' (protectors or friends) from them, till they emigrate in the Way of Allah (to Muhammad ). But if they turn back (from Islam), take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them, and take neither Auliya' (protectors or friends) nor helpers from them.

Now this verse is indeed saying kill all those who disbelieve in Islam. Why is it saying this? Because at the time of mohammad the disbelievers attacked muslims, and muslims had to retaliate. This is proven in the next quote.

90.Except those who join a group, between you and whom there is a treaty (of peace), or those who approach you with their breasts restraining from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. Had Allah willed, indeed He would have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they withdraw from you, and fight not against you, and offer you peace, then Allah has opened no way for you against them.

This quote is saying. Even if you are a disbeliever if you want to be peaceful with us then we are not allowed to hurt you. Also if we try to hurt you yet you restrain from fighting and act in self-defense, we are ABSOLUTELY not allowed to hurt you EVEN if you are a disbeliever.

91. You will find others that wish to have security from you and security from their people. Every time they are sent back to temptation, they yield thereto. If they withdraw not from you, nor offer you peace, nor restrain their hands, take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them. In their case, We have provided you with a clear warrant against them.

Again it is saying if the disbelievers do NOT stop fighting you or are not pleaing to stop the fighting nor offer peace kill them. Nothing wrong with that. If they want to kill you. You can kill them in an act of self-defense.

92. It is not for a believer to kill a believer except (that it be) by mistake, and whosoever kills a believer by mistake, (it is ordained that) he must set free a believing slave and a compensation (blood money, i.e Diya) be given to the deceased's family, unless they remit it. If the deceased belonged to a people at war with you and he was a believer; the freeing of a believing slave (is prescribed), and if he belonged to a people with whom you have a treaty of mutual alliance, compensation (blood money - Diya) must be paid to his family, and a believing slave must be freed. And whoso finds this (the penance of freeing a slave) beyond his means, he must fast for two consecutive months in order to seek repentance from Allah. And Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.

93. And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell to abide therein, and the Wrath and the Curse of Allah are upon him, and a great punishment is prepared for him.

94. O you who believe! When you go (to fight) in the Cause of Allah, verify (the truth), and say not to anyone who greets you (by embracing Islam): "You are not a believer"; seeking the perishable goods of the worldly life. There are much more profits and booties with Allah. Even as he is now, so were you yourselves before till Allah conferred on you His Favours (i.e. guided you to Islam), therefore, be cautious in discrimination. Allah is Ever Well-Aware of what you do.

95. Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home). Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward;

Now the verse you quoted. The context is still the same. Non-believers are fighting the muslims. So? Allah prefers those who fight back rather then sit at home. That's all it is saying.

I hope your views change about Islam. It really is not a religion of violence.
'

Terrorism Supported in the Muslim World:

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/26/where-terrorism-finds-support-in-the-muslim-world

International poll: Muslims support strict Sharia, Islamic supremacism

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/02/international-poll-muslims-support-strict-sharia-islamic-supremacism.html

Aug 23 2012 06:27pm
Quote (SecondGear @ Aug 20 2012 12:05am)
The reward of paradise contains rewards the like of which no eye has seen not has any ear heard not has ever occurred upon the hearts of humanity (Hadeeth Qudsi. Also read Al-Sajdah(32):17).

In the face of such bliss, how do you tell people what awaits them? You give them descriptive terms that bring the issues closer to their understanding. For example, Muhammad(47):15 describes the water of Heaven as never putrefying, the milk as never changing in taste (going sour), etc. In a similar fashion, the wine of Paradise does not contain the very ingredient which has made it prohibited in this life. Specifically, intoxicants. You can read the confirmation of this, for example, in Al-Saffat(37):45-47, or Al-Wakiah(56):19.

In the USA it is a crime to drink beer then drive. The wisdom behind this law is that it impairs judgment. Does this mean that if one were to drink "rootbeer" or "ginger ale" then the law will stand? Of course not. Why? Because they are not "intoxicants." The prohibition in Islam is because of the "intoxicating" action and not because of the name. If someone were to create a new kind of beer and choose not to call it "beer" but to name it "Zima," would this make it lawful to drink it then drive? No, the name has no bearing on the law, it is only the intoxicating action which is at issue. If it is present then it is unlawful, if it is not then it is lawful, regardless of the name. This is the same as the law of Islam. In Islam the name does not matter, it is the intoxicants which make it prohibited, be it named "beer," "wine," "alcohol," "heroin," "whiskey," "marijuana," or whatever.

The quran is a lie. mohammad lived 500 years AFTER the eyewitness accounts of the bible were written. mohammad took the bible and twisted the stories up to directly contradict them, then claimed that the bible had been corrupted. he spread islam by the sword, murdering anyone who wouldn't accept his lies. he married a 6 year old little girl and had sex with her when she was 9. the quran not only contradicts the biblical, eyewitness accounts, it also contradicts the secular sources that support the biblical accounts.

Islam is a lie and leads people to an eternal hell. The goal is to take away from the truth of salvation which is faith in Jesus Christ alone, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins.

This is what the Bible says about men like mohammad that twist the Biblical way of salvation:

Ga 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Ga 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Aug 23 2012 06:28pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Aug 23 2012 07:20pm)

I don't have time to read all that right now but I will when I can.

One thing you don't understand. The quran doesn't allow you to hurt others without a reason. So for the muslims who do that. They are not following the quran so do not put me as equal in blame as them. Just cuz they do it doesn't mean I will.

Also since you are trying to find faults in my religion. Let me do the same for you.

From your own thread.

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

So here are you saying God has raised God from the dead? Or jesus has raised jesus.

Because as far as I know Jesus is God and God is jesus.

Makes no sense.

Also did jesus write the bible?

Becasue each bible I know says

Accoring to Mark

According to John

accoring to ...

what is this according to?

not one of them say according to jesus.

How can you believe in such a thing that wasnt even written by god/jesus and was written by man itself.
Gold: 7,252.72
Quote (SecondGear @ Aug 23 2012 07:59pm)
What does this have to do with anything. Why don't you just show me the source of where you found your statement. Your changing the whole topic while I'm trying to help you and myself out. Show me the evidence of where you got that from. If you can't find it.

Case closed.

...you have absolutely nothing that I want . You and polegagger have been conducting an ongoing attack against both the Bible and Christianity under the false pretense of educational religious discussion and I for one am not fooled by your true intentions . ( neither is anyone else for that matter )
Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer at the bottom of it to God from your heart.
Aug 23 2012 06:35pm
Quote (SecondGear @ Aug 19 2012 09:04pm)
You are ignorant. You refuse to believe in Islam because of what you see in the media. You have not even read the quran so please don't talk about it how "we are not like muslims that force people into conversion" give me one verse in the quran that forces people into conversion.

Also please explain to me how to believe in your bible. No lie I want to know the truth unlike you who is ignorant. Please provide me with a version of the bible that has not been changed and was written at the time of Jesus. Oh wait you can't because you are not even able to provide me copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copied version of the bible. That's how far humans have changed the bible. And I'm not saying this. These were christian scholars that told me this.

There are so many faults in the bible I can point out. Point out one fault in the quran, if it makes sense logically. I am ready to leave islam.

You really are ignorant. You are just not letting yourself find the truth.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His onlybegotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
"For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

The most ancient Greek Manuscripts do not have the word "Begotten", thus the RSV Bible (Revised Standard Version) that is written under the authority of 32 scholars of the highest eminence, backed by 50 different Christian co-operating denominations, they have completely thrown out this word 'Begotten' as a fabrication, an interpolation & a concoction.

Again christians have just been changing the bible even though this change is actually correct. It is 'now' not the true word of god, maybe it was, but you christians have changed it so much AND misinterpreted the bible saying Jesus is god. Not ONE verse in the bible jesus says, "I am god worship me" Not one verse. So maybe it was at that time when it was written but then it got changed so Allah has to come out with a new book the quran which has never been changed in 1400 years.

I refuse to believe in islam because it's a FALSE religion. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. islam is a lie and mohammad is a liar. I can easily show you in the Bible without that verse in many MANY other places that Jesus Christ is the Son of God AND that He is God in the flesh. It IS now the true Word of God, the quran is a false book, not written by the eyewitness, yet directly contradicting the actual eyewitnesses and even secular history. In fact, all of the most crucial doctrines of the Chrstian faith are DIRECTLY contradicted in the quran in order to lead people to hell. Let's explore the Bible and see if it really claims Jesus to be God or if it doesn't:

Jesus Christ IS God

Jesus’s name “Immanuel” LITERALLY means “God with us”

Mt 1:23 "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us."

Isa 7:14 "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.

He always existed (from everlasting):

Mic 5:2 (NKJV) "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, [Though] you are little among the thousands of Judah, [Yet] out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth [are] from of old, From everlasting."

He is Equal with God (Because He is God):

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

This prophecy is of Christ's first comming. His Goings forth have been from everlasting because Christ Jesus is God.

In Him dwells All of Fullness of the Godhead Bodily:

Col 2:9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

Jesus Christ is one with the Father.

Joh 14:8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are one God:

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Jesus declares Himself to be the great I AM of the Old Testiment. I AM is God's Name

Joh 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

I am IS God. There is only one God. That God has three parts.

Ex 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

All of the Fullness of the Godhead dwells in Christ’s Body.

Col 2:8 Beware lest anyone rob you through philosophy and vain deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the elements of the world, and not according to Christ.
For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. And you are complete in Him, who is the Head of all principality and power,

All Things Were Created By Jesus Christ and are Held Together by Him.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And He is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

His Disciple/Apostle Peter Admits that Jesus knows “All things” (Only God knows all things)

Joh 21:17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep.

God's plurality is found in Genesis

Ge 1:26 ¶ Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

His Disciple/Apostle Thomas Confessed Him to be God and Jesus did NOT rebuke Him for it:

Joh 20:27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

This verse demonstrates how God has multiple aspects. He said Let “US” make man in “OUR” image. He didn’t say, let me make man in My image, He said let US make man is OUR image.

His Apostle/Disciple John declares Christ Jesus to be God:

Joh 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

His Apostle/Disciple John declares that the world was made by Him (Jesus Christ)

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

All things were made by Him and He was in the beginning with God (Father)

Joh 1:2 He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

There are MANY places where He is worshipped and Jesus NEVER tells them not to worship Him, NOT once. Only God is to be worshipped, because Jesus IS God, Jesus IS worshipped:

Mt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh. {presented: or, offered}
Mt 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
Mt 9:18 ¶ While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.
Mt 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
Mt 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mt 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. {worshipped him: or, besought him}
Mt 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
Mt 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
Mr 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
Mr 15:19 And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshipped him.
Lu 24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:
Joh 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
Ac 10:25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
Re 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Scripture refers to Him as the Lord, Jesus Christ. The phrase "The Lord" is unique only to God:

Here are a few mentioning "The Lord Your God"

De 5:6 ¶ I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. {bondage: Heb. servants}

De 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

De 5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

De 5:12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

Here are many calling Him Jesus Christ, The Lord.

Ac 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Ac 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Ac 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Ac 28:31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Ro 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ro 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Ro 15:30 ¶ Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

1Co 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 16:22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

2Co 1:2 Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. <<The second [epistle to the Corinthians was written from Philippi, a city of Macedonia, by Titus and Lucas.]>>

Eph 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph 6:23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Php 1:2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: {conversation...: or, we live or conduct ourselves as citizens of heaven, or, for obtaining heaven}

Col 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 1:1 ¶ Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Aug 23 2012 06:53pm
Quote (SecondGear @ Aug 24 2012 12:28am)
I don't have time to read all that right now but I will when I can.

One thing you don't understand. The quran doesn't allow you to hurt others without a reason. So for the muslims who do that. They are not following the quran so do not put me as equal in blame as them. Just cuz they do it doesn't mean I will.

Also since you are trying to find faults in my religion. Let me do the same for you.

Oh, Muslims have a reason, they are commanded to MURDER unbelievers by their false book the quran. mohammad was a murderer who spread islam by the sword. Why does it need to be spread by the sword? Because it's a lie and cannot convince people by the facts.

From your own thread.

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth theLord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

So here are you saying God has raised God from the dead? Or jesus has raised jesus..

Yes, yes and yes. God is 3 persons FATHER, SON and SPIRIT.

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The Spirit Raised Jesus: Quickened means "made alive"

1Pe 3:18 ¶ For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

The Father raised Jesus:

Ga 1:1 ¶ Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Because as far as I know Jesus is God and God is jesus.

Makes no sense.  Also did jesus write the bible?  Becasue each bible I know says

Accoring to Mark

According to John

accoring to ...

what is this according to?

not one of them say according to jesus.

How can you believe in such a thing that wasnt even written by god/jesus and was written by man itself.

First of all, the quran wasn't written until 500 years after the events by a man who directly contradicts what those who were actually THERE wrote down and said. He also contradicts secular historians who were alive in Jesus's day. the only reason that islam spread was because mohammad murdered anyone who wouldn't convert to his lies. that includes the arabic people. they used to follow Christianity before that happened.

Jesus wrote the Bible Via the Holy Spirt via the Actual Eyewitnesses to the events. Peter and John were 2 of the 12 disciples of Jesus who walked directly with Jesus. James and Jude were Jesus's half brothers. Paul murdered Christians like mohammad did, but God called him to suffer for the sake of the gospel that it might go out to the ends of the earth. The other writers were followers of Jesus and eyewitnesses to the events. They knew Jesus personally. Most of them were murdered for spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Why don't you use logic and reject islam for the false religion that it is and accept Jesus's Christ's free gift of salvation by grace through faith in the EYEWITNESS and HISTORICAL fact that He died on the Cross and Rose from the Dead for the Sins of the World. All you have to do is BELIEVE it and ACCEPT it in your heart. God will save you.

This post was edited by xfrodobagginsx on Aug 23 2012 06:56pm
Aug 23 2012 06:55pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Aug 23 2012 07:35pm)
I refuse to believe in islam because it's a FALSE religion.  Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life.  islam is a lie and mohammad is a liar.  I can easily show you in the Bible without that verse in many MANY other places that Jesus Christ is the Son of God AND that He is God in the flesh.  It IS now the true Word of God, the quran is a false book, not written by the eyewitness, yet directly contradicting the actual eyewitnesses and even secular history.  In fact, all of the most crucial doctrines of the Chrstian faith are DIRECTLY contradicted in the quran in order to lead people to hell.  Let's explore the Bible and see if it really claims Jesus to be God or if it doesn't:

Jesus Christ IS God

Jesus’s name “Immanuel” LITERALLY means “God with us”

Mt 1:23 "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us."

Isa 7:14 "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.

He always existed (from everlasting):

Mic 5:2 (NKJV) "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, [Though] you are little among the thousands of Judah, [Yet] out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth [are] from of old, From everlasting."

He is Equal with God (Because He is God):

Php 2:5  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

This prophecy is of Christ's first comming. His Goings forth have been from everlasting because Christ Jesus is God.

In Him dwells All of Fullness of the Godhead Bodily:

Col 2:9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

Jesus Christ is one with the Father.

Joh 14:8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are one God:

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Jesus declares Himself to be the great I AM of the Old Testiment. I AM is God's Name

Joh 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

I am IS God. There is only one God. That God has three parts.

Ex 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

All of the Fullness of the Godhead dwells in Christ’s Body. 

Col 2:8 Beware lest anyone rob you through philosophy and vain deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the elements of the world, and not according to Christ.
For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. And you are complete in Him, who is the Head of all principality and power,

All Things Were Created By Jesus Christ and are Held Together by Him.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And He is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

His Disciple/Apostle Peter Admits that Jesus knows “All things” (Only God knows all things)

Joh 21:17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep.

God's plurality is found in Genesis

Ge 1:26 ¶ Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

His Disciple/Apostle Thomas Confessed Him to be God and Jesus did NOT rebuke Him for it:

Joh 20:27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

This verse demonstrates how God has multiple aspects. He said Let “US” make man in “OUR” image. He didn’t say, let me make man in My image, He said let US make man is OUR image.

His Apostle/Disciple John declares Christ Jesus to be God:

Joh 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

His Apostle/Disciple John declares that the world was made by Him (Jesus Christ)

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

All things were made by Him and He was in the beginning with God (Father)

Joh 1:2 He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

There are MANY places where He is worshipped and Jesus NEVER tells them not to worship Him, NOT once. Only God is to be worshipped, because Jesus IS God, Jesus IS worshipped:

Mt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh. {presented: or, offered}
Mt 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
Mt 9:18 ¶ While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.
Mt 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
Mt 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mt 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. {worshipped him: or, besought him}
Mt 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
Mt 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
Mr 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
Mr 15:19 And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshipped him.
Lu 24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:
Joh 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
Ac 10:25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
Re 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Scripture refers to Him as the Lord, Jesus Christ.  The phrase "The Lord" is unique only to God:

Here are a few mentioning "The Lord Your God"

De 5:6 ¶ I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. {bondage: Heb. servants}

De 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

De 5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

De 5:12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

Here are many calling Him Jesus Christ, The Lord.

Ac 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Ac 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Ac 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Ac 28:31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Ro 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ro 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Ro 15:30 ¶ Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

1Co 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 16:22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

2Co 1:2 Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. <<The second [epistle to the Corinthians was written from Philippi, a city of Macedonia, by Titus and Lucas.]>>

Eph 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph 6:23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Php 1:2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: {conversation...: or, we live or conduct ourselves as citizens of heaven, or, for obtaining heaven}

Col 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 1:1 ¶ Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

See you make claims yet you don't provide evidence. How do you know mohammad is a liar. I can prove to you in your own bible. That jesus is not the son of god nor god. I can prove to you in your bible that jesus was talking about mohammad that will come in the near future and btw. Please answer me this.

How is the bible the word of god when it is written by. Mark/John/Matthew?

For the quran atleast we know it is written by someone who claims he is a prophet.

You are ignorant. You just believe whatever the media tells you to believe. You are claiming the quran is a false book yet you can't provide any proof. If you want I will give you proof from your own bible proving Jesus is not the son of god.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1464748495079Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll