d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Election Was Rigged, Trap Was Set, Its Coming
Prev14654664674684691965Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Dec 11 2020 11:59am
Quote (krackprophet @ Dec 11 2020 11:55am)
Well, any ruling in the TX case will affect MO. Going after states that decided differently from yours doesn't seem off to me.

Your state went for #1. The states that went for #2 unconstitutionally have compounding harm.

But if you grant injunctive relief in PA/MI/WI/GA under Equal Protection standards, then you open the door to have similar cases filed against states that Trump won that took similar legislative measures regarding voting during a pandemic.

The problem with the case as it is, is that if you exclude states like MT in your filing, then that in and of itself strips any Equal Protection argument, as TX isn't applying the argument equally in it's own case filing.
Gold: 475.46
Dec 11 2020 12:12pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Dec 11 2020 10:59am)
But if you grant injunctive relief in PA/MI/WI/GA under Equal Protection standards, then you open the door to have similar cases filed against states that Trump won that took similar legislative measures regarding voting during a pandemic.

The problem with the case as it is, is that if you exclude states like MT in your filing, then that in and of itself strips any Equal Protection argument, as TX isn't applying the argument equally in it's own case filing.

You are being way to literal for this guy.
Dec 11 2020 12:12pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Dec 11 2020 11:59am)

got my initials mixed hehe.

They want it to go to congress so including MT does nothing towards their relief. A ruling against PA/MI/WI/GA is a ruling against any state that took similar actions. I don't see how it really hurts their argument.
Dec 11 2020 12:20pm
Quote (krackprophet @ Dec 11 2020 12:12pm)
got my initials mixed hehe.

They want it to go to congress so including MT does nothing towards their relief. A ruling against PA/MI/WI/GA is a ruling against any state that took similar actions. I don't see how it really hurts their argument.

For it to get to Congress though, SCOTUS has to rule on the case in favor of Texas. But they can't do that without considering MT et al, WRT equal protection (especially since MT has filed an amicus brief in the case in question). To grant relief to Texas and not incorporate MT or other states would be in direct violation of centuries of precedent and jurisprudence.
Dec 11 2020 12:34pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Dec 11 2020 12:20pm)
For it to get to Congress though, SCOTUS has to rule on the case in favor of Texas. But they can't do that without considering MT et al, WRT equal protection (especially since MT has filed an amicus brief in the case in question). To grant relief to Texas and not incorporate MT or other states would be in direct violation of centuries of precedent and jurisprudence.

The court will consider it.

Please enlighten my why TX needs to sue every state that acted in this manner. They could sue one state if a ruling against it granted desired relief - the ruling applies to all.
Dec 11 2020 12:37pm
Quote (krackprophet @ Dec 11 2020 12:34pm)
The court will consider it.

Please enlighten my why TX needs to sue every state that acted in this manner. They could sue one state if a ruling against it granted desired relief - the ruling applies to all.

Because once they theoretically rule in favor against PA/GA/MI/WI in this case, that creates precedent. Precedent which can then be used to file the same suit against MT or other states Trump won.
Gold: 260.11
Dec 11 2020 12:41pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Dec 11 2020 12:37pm)
Because once they theoretically rule in favor against PA/GA/MI/WI in this case, that creates precedent. Precedent which can then be used to file the same suit against MT or other states Trump won.

This is something conservatives struggle with.

and I'm not saying that as a snipe or an insult. It's been pretty well substantiated in the psychological literature.

The more conservative you are the more difficult of a time you will have generalizing principles and applying them evenly, all else being equal.
Gold: 63.70
Dec 11 2020 12:41pm
Quote (Brian_D @ Dec 11 2020 05:51pm)
None of this is true.

maybe itse true maybe it isn't , i've seen 3 sources report on this, now as far as you claiming its not true, you going to show some evidence or are we just suppose to take your word ...
Gold: 63.70
Dec 11 2020 12:43pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Dec 11 2020 06:41pm)

and I'm not saying that as a snipe or an insult. It's been pretty well substantiated in the psychological literature.

The more conservative you are the more difficult of a time you will have generalizing principles and applying them evenly, all else being equal.

worst states to live in, ones run by democrats, thats why people are leaving them in record numbers, the party has gone nuts, not that im a huge fan of republicans either but dems have gone nuts
1. remove citizens rights
2. larger government control
3. more taxes
4. ban guns and anything else you can use to protect yourself
5. murder babies up until the day of bearth but then pretend your religious
6. if the main stream media says its true, they believe it and never question it or search to see if its correct
7. ignore posted facts then target the source or start ragging on the messenger
Democrats are so lovely,
far left think they are better then everyone else, instead of staying in new york and cali and destroying those states, they want to force the entire country to become a shit hole
https://video.parler.com/9f/aw/9fawPV8RRKJ2_small.mp4

This post was edited by darkhead69 on Dec 11 2020 12:52pm
Dec 11 2020 12:51pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Dec 11 2020 12:37pm)

That's why they are filing briefings to be considered.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Dec 11 2020 12:41pm)

What principal is that exactly?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14654664674684691965Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll