d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread, Continued
Prev1460461462463464701Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Apr 1 2023 01:44pm
Quote (Djunior @ Apr 1 2023 02:00pm)
Another trash post, keep em coming

Not an argument.
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 1 2023 02:09pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 1 Apr 2023 21:32)
Extremely clueless post. It actually doesn't show that. Before this war people thought having the latest gadgets and high end equipment would play a crucial role, in reality what's playing a role is having the capability to make and provide and field weapons and shells. This war is expanding an unimaginable amount of shells and ammo. What Ukrainians need is not latest technology but rather hundreds of pieces of hardware like howitzers, tanks, MLRS and of course the millions of artillery shells and ammo that comes along with it.

This is a 20th century war with just better tactical recon because now we have small drones. They are struggling because the collective west is supplying and crowdfunding a massive amount of armament. We alone sent 113Bn last year which is more than the annual expenditure of Russia on their military.

Now count the Europeans+ whoever else sent equipment.

Same applies with shells btw: Advanced precise weapons wich need alot less shells, able to hit moving targets, will prevail on battle ground. Now let's decline it with all others weapons.

Thus your poor arguments are getting slammed systematically since Trump era you are still trying, harder.
So that's it: You can pretend that massing shelling of a town is a proof of superior tactics... Why not, would not make a big difference with all the bullshit we can hear all around.

Btw we are in 21th century. cU LOL.
Gold: 12,095.00
Apr 1 2023 02:25pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ Apr 1 2023 04:09pm)
Same applies with shells btw: Advanced precise weapons wich need alot less shells, able to hit moving targets, will prevail on battle ground. Now let's decline it with all others weapons.

Thus your poor arguments are getting slammed systematically since Trump era you are still trying, harder.
So that's it: You can pretend that massing shelling of a town is a proof of superior tactics... Why not, would not make a big difference with all the bullshit we can hear all around.

Btw we are in 21th century. cU LOL.

I think a child has a better understanding of the world than you honestly. The weapons shipped to Ukraine by the west are not advanced and advanced mechanisms are removed to make sure they aren't targeting Russia, in many ways the suppliers constrain these weapons. For example:

KYIV -- Dozens of artillery systems supplied by the United States to Ukraine were not fitted with advanced computer systems, which improve the efficiency and accuracy of the weapons, ABC News has learned.

or this

WASHINGTON—The U.S. secretly modified the advanced Himars rocket launchers it gave Ukraine so they can’t be used to fire long-range missiles into Russia, U.S. officials said, a precaution the Biden administration says is necessary to reduce the risk of a wider war with Moscow.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-altered-himars-rocket-launchers-to-keep-ukraine-from-firing-missiles-into-russia-11670214338

Like I don't really understand why so many on this sub engage without doing basic research into the subject?
Apr 1 2023 02:45pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 1 Apr 2023 22:25)
I think a child has a better understanding of the world than you honestly. The weapons shipped to Ukraine by the west are not advanced and advanced mechanisms are removed to make sure they aren't targeting Russia, in many ways the suppliers constrain these weapons. For example:

You picked up the first thing coming in your small mind: that US restricted some range on some weapons. Unfortunately, it's much easier for me to simply pickup article explaining how delivered western weapons are superior.
Thus let's not forget you are slightly moving the goals: few post ago you were arguing about 20th century meat grinder size superiority.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-zelenskyy-nato-sergey-lavrov-dd7bc9324e465a15209940c146a859b3

"
The HIMARS and M270 have a longer range, a much better precision and a faster rate of fire compared with Soviet-designed Smerch, Uragan and Tornado multiple rocket launchers used by both Russia and Ukraine.
The truck-mounted HIMARS launchers fire GPS-guided missiles capable of hitting targets up to 80 kilometers (50 miles) away, a distance that puts them out of reach of most Russian artillery systems. The mobile launchers are hard for the enemy to spot and can quickly change position after firing to escape airstrikes.
"
https://www.reuters.com/graphics/UKRAINE-CRISIS/ARMS/lgvdkoygnpo/
https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/3032926/howitzers-proving-very-effective-against-russians-dod-official-says/
etc...

I could find -dozens- of articles (from very good sources) presentings -dozens- of different weapons and ammunitions, along with detection and/or defense equipments/systems and furnitures, external support (IE intel): and put this gigantic load all all over your face: I will not, because you don't worth it.

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Apr 1 2023 02:55pm
Apr 1 2023 02:54pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ Apr 1 2023 04:45pm)
You picked up the firs thing coming in your small head: that US restricted some range on some weapons. Unfortunately, it's much easier for me to simply pickup article explaining how Delivered western weapons are superior.
Thus lest not forget you are slightly moving the goals: few post ago you were arguing about 20th century meat grinder size superiority.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-zelenskyy-nato-sergey-lavrov-dd7bc9324e465a15209940c146a859b3

"
The HIMARS and M270 have a longer range, a much better precision and a faster rate of fire compared with Soviet-designed Smerch, Uragan and Tornado multiple rocket launchers used by both Russia and Ukraine.
The truck-mounted HIMARS launchers fire GPS-guided missiles capable of hitting targets up to 80 kilometers (50 miles) away, a distance that puts them out of reach of most Russian artillery systems. The mobile launchers are hard for the enemy to spot and can quickly change position after firing to escape airstrikes.
"
https://www.reuters.com/graphics/UKRAINE-CRISIS/ARMS/lgvdkoygnpo/
etc...

Thus i could find -dozens- of articles (from very good sources) presentings -dozens- of different weapons and ammunitions, along with detection and/or defense equipments/systems and furnitures, external support (IE intel): and put this gigantic load all all over your face: I will not, because you don't worth it.

Cueless post. Just one example, Russia's Tornado MLRS was deployed in 2011 meanwhile the HIMARS was invented in the late 90's. This notion that Ukraine is using state of the art modern equipment while Russia is fielding only old soviet stuff is wishful thinking.

Today in Ukraine there is almost no western equipment that is more advanced than what Russia has and is using. Some of the intel/logistical support i.e. modern US drones are the exception.

Give me specific examples of equipment that Ukraine is using that's more advanced than what the Russians are using.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Apr 1 2023 03:01pm
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Apr 1 2023 02:54pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 1 2023 05:25pm)

or this

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-altered-himars-rocket-launchers-to-keep-ukraine-from-firing-missiles-into-russia-11670214338

Like I don't really understand why so many on this sub engage without doing basic research into the subject?

Pretty sure the US employed psychological warfare tactics against it's population to divide and keep them fighting while they enact their insane foreign policy goals.

Not just regular, run of the mill, Murica propaganda but the type they use in foreign countries to incite some vulnerable minority group into increasingly drastic "collective action" which culminates in either the oppression of that group or a revolution of some sort.

Smith–Mundt Modernization Act of 2012 essentially made it "legal" to do so, and look at the state of American domestic politics now lol

This post was edited by DizzyBusiness on Apr 1 2023 02:54pm
Apr 1 2023 03:03pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 1 Apr 2023 22:54)
Cueless post. Just one example, Russia's Tornado MLRS was deployed in 2011 meanwhile the HIMARS was invented in the late 90's. This notion that Ukraine is using state of the art modern equipment while Russia is fielding only old soviet stuff is wishful thinking.

Today in Ukraine there is almost no western equipment that is more advanced than what Russia has and is using. Some of the intel/logistical support i.e. modern US drones are the exception.

Give me specific examples of equipment that Ukraine is using that's more advanced than what the Russians are.

46 km

Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Apr 1 2023 03:37pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ Apr 1 2023 05:03pm)

Out of over a million in artillery shells sent to Ukraine Excalibur are maybe only a few thousand. But again, these are not more advanced than the top-end gear that Russia has fielded and a few thousand of these are basically reserved for very important hits and are very rarely used.
Apr 1 2023 03:50pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 1 Apr 2023 23:37)
Out of over a million in artillery shells sent to Ukraine Excalibur are maybe only a few thousand. But again, these are not more advanced than the top-end gear that Russia has fielded and a few thousand of these are basically reserved for very important hits and are very rarely used.

Tanks, detections & defense systems, others armored vehicles... Each of these worth it.
/e oh and buildings full of soldiers, ammunition depots etc

When using soviet era shelling weaponery the first shot very rarely hit and the target will move away immediately. Which means the recon is lost. With precise artillery you just 1 shot.

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Apr 1 2023 03:51pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1460461462463464701Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll