d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread, Continued
Prev14546474849702Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,569.69
Mar 5 2022 11:55am
Quote (Surfpunk @ Mar 5 2022 09:53am)
AllKPop?

LOL

Dont even know what that is
Gold: 0.00
Mar 5 2022 11:57am
Quote (theCrossbones @ Mar 5 2022 11:55am)
Dont even know what that is

K-Pop = Korean pop music. One of the people on my team at work is a massive K-Pop stan.
Gold: 260.11
Mar 5 2022 03:12pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Mar 5 2022 11:57am)
K-Pop = Korean pop music. One of the people on my team at work is a massive K-Pop stan.

I am a fan of specific k-pop songs, but nothing in general.

They've basically mastered the art of pop music lol
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Mar 5 2022 04:01pm
Quote (Santara @ Mar 6 2022 05:03am)
"You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you’re capable of great violence, if you’re not capable of violence you’re not peaceful, you’re harmless."

Rofl cucks running around saying they are pacifists in reality they are actual NPCs
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 5 2022 07:43pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 5 Mar 2022 18:45)
The left doesn't have access to nearly the same level of capital that the right does in the USA or really worldwide.

Yet Democrats have received significantly more donations than Republicans for the last couple of cycles... yes, yes, I know, there is only very partial overlap between 'Democrats' and 'the left' and the two of us disagree wildly on the extent. Still worth pointing out that the old narrative that the GOP is the party with all the donor money on its side hasn't been true since 2014. Iirc, 2020 was the first year when even corporate donations (and not just small donors) favored Democrats.

Companies have dumped literally tens to hundreds of millions propping up people like Ben Shapiro, Glen Beck, and other astroturfed right wing individuals and companies because they spread a convenient message.

And Soros is more or less single-handedly funding the progressive criminal justice movement in the U.S. which is propping up all these DAs who refuse to prosecute crime and send criminals right back to the streets.
Also, it's not like the political left (as in: the left half of the political spectrum as it currently exists) doesn't have its own propped up media channels. CNN was mocked as "Clinton News Network" going back to the 90s, the liberal bias of social media companies is no longer deniable at this point, etc.

There's way less money out there for creators asking us to question the capitalist system. Who would have thought?

Kinda logical that a system which has survived as long as capitalism will not self-destruct quite as easily, isn't it? ;)
This does not mean that there is no funding for the agenda of the social or cultural left.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 5 2022 07:44pm
Mar 5 2022 08:00pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 5 2022 07:43pm)
Yet Democrats have received significantly more donations than Republicans for the last couple of cycles... yes, yes, I know, there is only very partial overlap between 'Democrats' and 'the left' and the two of us disagree wildly on the extent. Still worth pointing out that the old narrative that the GOP is the party with all the donor money on its side hasn't been true since 2014. Iirc, 2020 was the first year when even corporate donations (and not just small donors) favored Democrats.

And Soros is more or less single-handedly funding the progressive criminal justice movement in the U.S. which is propping up all these DAs who refuse to prosecute crime and send criminals right back to the streets.
Also, it's not like the political left (as in: the left half of the political spectrum as it currently exists) doesn't have its own propped up media channels. CNN was mocked as "Clinton News Network" going back to the 90s, the liberal bias of social media companies is no longer deniable at this point, etc.

Kinda logical that a system which has survived as long as capitalism will not self-destruct quite as easily, isn't it? ;)
This does not mean that there is no funding for the agenda of the social or cultural left.

You lead off with "yes yes I know there's only very partial overlap" and then think Clinton and CNN are worth bringing up, and then equate funding leftist media sources with total destruction of the capitalist system. Also, I've specifically pointed out to you many times that the easiest way to get on a banned books list or get demonetized on YouTube is to be gay-friendly, so your opinion on the "cultural left" is also crap.

My instinct was that this post was not worth reading, and I was right. I wasted my time by engaging with it.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Mar 5 2022 08:00pm
Mar 5 2022 08:14pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 6 Mar 2022 03:00)
You lead off with "yes yes I know there's only very partial overlap" and then think Clinton and CNN are worth bringing up, and then equate funding leftist media sources with total destruction of the capitalist system. Also, I've specifically pointed out to you many times that the easiest way to get on a banned books list or get demonetized on YouTube is to be gay-friendly, so your opinion on the "cultural left" is also crap.

My instinct was that this post was not worth reading, and I was right. I wasted my time by engaging with it.

I equated funding leftist and/or liberal media to funding right-wing or conservative media; and I equated an agenda which seeks the total destruction of the capitalist system with an agenda which seeks the total destruction of anything conservative.

And like I have pointed out to you many times, the fact that the conservative side was more successful at getting stuff banned in the past does neither mean that that's still the case today, nor does it excuse the liberal cancel culture of recent years. Also, this whole debate about the "cultural left" is about so much more than just banning a couple of books or a couple of tweets... it's almost comical that you think such a narrow argument would disprove the entire, much larger point.

Mar 5 2022 08:26pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 5 2022 08:14pm)
I equated funding leftist and/or liberal media to funding right-wing or conservative media; and I equated an agenda which seeks the total destruction of the capitalist system with an agenda which seeks the total destruction of anything conservative.

And like I have pointed out to you many times, the fact that the conservative side was more successful at getting stuff banned in the past does neither mean that that's still the case today, nor does it excuse the liberal cancel culture of recent years. Also, this whole debate about the "cultural left" is about so much more than just banning a couple of books or a couple of tweets... it's almost comical that you think such a narrow argument would disprove the entire, much larger point.

It's cute that you're trying to spin this into as many different subjects as you can.

Go back and read what I wrote, and we can talk about that. I have no interest in rehashing every ancillary subject you can think of.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Mar 5 2022 08:27pm
Mar 5 2022 08:51pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 6 Mar 2022 03:26)
It's cute that you're trying to spin this into as many different subjects as you can.

Go back and read what I wrote, and we can talk about that. I have no interest in rehashing every ancillary subject you can think of.

You wrote that the left has access to significantly less capital/funding than the right in the U.S. Depending on one's definition of "the left" (either on an absolute, ideological scale, or in a realpolitik sense as 'the left of the existing political spectrum'), this claim is either demonstrably true or demonstrably false. I just wanted to point out that the latter interpretation exists as well, is what a ton of people understand by the term "the (political) left" and that your claim is wrong from this point of view.

Democrats have been flush with cash for a long time and have recently outright overtaken the GOP when it comes to fundraising. Meanwhile, anti-capitalist groups and actors obviously have far less funding than pro-capitalist ones.
Mar 5 2022 09:28pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 5 2022 08:51pm)
You wrote that the left has access to significantly less capital/funding than the right in the U.S. Depending on one's definition of "the left" (either on an absolute, ideological scale, or in a realpolitik sense as 'the left of the existing political spectrum'), this claim is either demonstrably true or demonstrably false. I just wanted to point out that the latter interpretation exists as well, is what a ton of people understand by the term "the (political) left" and that your claim is wrong from this point of view.

Democrats have been flush with cash for a long time and have recently outright overtaken the GOP when it comes to fundraising. Meanwhile, anti-capitalist groups and actors obviously have far less funding than pro-capitalist ones.

You know how I define it. Oh look you're doing the thing you always do where you purposefully ignore previous conversations.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14546474849702Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll