d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread, Continued
Prev1454455456457458700Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Mar 31 2023 02:19pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 31 2023 05:18pm)
oh look, another post telling me what i think, despite me saying i dont think those things. at least im not to fragile to read and recognize i had it wrong if the person tells me so.

Don't worry sweetheart the mods will come save you soon so you can continue running your ignorant fucking mouth
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 31 2023 02:21pm
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ Mar 31 2023 03:19pm)
Don't worry sweetheart the mods will come save you soon so you can continue running your ignorant fucking mouth

but what will i do if you 10% out and there's no one to tell me i think the opposite of what im saying!

o wait:

4 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests): thesnipa, ofthevoid, Neptunus
Mar 31 2023 02:23pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 31 2023 05:21pm)
but what will i do if you 10% out and there's no one to tell me i think the opposite of what im saying!

o wait:

4 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests): thesnipa,ofthevoid, Neptunus

Probably continue running your ignorant fucking mouth. You are American, no one is shocked by that. You are the worst cancer on the planet.
Gold: 12,095.00
Mar 31 2023 02:23pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 31 2023 03:53pm)
you're not reading for comprehension. you're reading the satirical and hyperbolic things im posting literally (despite me literally saying not to), and when i say "this is exactly and only what i really think" you page past it. then you back to telling me i just parrot the mainstream media, even tho what im saying isn't at all the western media's take. the western media isn't saying the coup was a mistake because they dont even dare mention it, they're not saying us being involved is a mistake, they make it out to be a moral fight we're winning. the media isn't saying the US should have shut down NATO/EU talks and left Ukraine the Russian influence. im saying that, all of those things are what i think.

the fact that Putin shut down an uprising by having his chosen candidate rip up the NATO/EU movement and the fact that we should have let him can coexist.

it is pretty funny to read that us stealing Ukraine from Russian influence was what started the war, but then also hear Ukraine is basically Russia's Canada, kek.

i literally posted getting involved at all was a mistake in the post you quoted. read better.

The uprising was not organic at least not fully, nor was it shot down by Putin, what alternative universe are you living in lol. It ended with Pro-Western politicians who somehow overnight took control of Ukraine's power apparatus and deposed the pro-Russians (unthinkable feat considering 50% of the country voted for a pro-Russian candidate so how did they take full control of armed forces, police, etc. unless the coup was already set in motion way before maiden)
Mar 31 2023 02:24pm
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ Mar 31 2023 03:23pm)
Probably continue running your ignorant fucking mouth. You are American, no one is shocked by that. You are the worst cancer on the planet.

its been a good while since i got someone this riled up, but its been even longer that they got this mad for thinking the exact opposite of what i actually think. so thanks!
Mar 31 2023 02:26pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 31 2023 05:24pm)
its been a good while since i got someone this riled up, but its been even longer that they got this mad for thinking the exact opposite of what i actually think. so thanks!

Mar 31 2023 02:31pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 31 2023 03:23pm)
The uprising was not organic at least not fully, nor was it shot down by Putin, what alternative universe are you living in lol. It ended with Pro-Western politicians who somehow overnight took control of Ukraine's power apparatus and deposed the pro-Russians (unthinkable feat considering 50% of the country voted for a pro-Russian candidate so how did they take full control of armed forces, police, etc. unless the coup was already set in motion way before maiden)

The Revolution of Dignity (Ukrainian: Революція гідності, romanized: Revoliutsiia hidnosti) also known as the Maidan Revolution or the Ukrainian Revolution,[2] took place in Ukraine in February 2014[2][1] at the end of the Euromaidan protests,[1] when deadly clashes between protesters and state forces in the capital Kyiv culminated in the ousting of elected President Viktor Yanukovych and a return to the 2004 Constitution. It also led to the outbreak of the Russo-Ukrainian War.[1][2]

Euromaidan (/ˌjʊərəˌmaɪˈdɑːn, ˌjʊəroʊ-/;[82][83] Ukrainian: Євромайдан, romanized: Yevromaidan, lit. 'Euro Square', IPA: [jeu̯romɐjˈdɑn][nb 6]), or the Maidan Uprising,[87] was a wave of demonstrations and civil unrest in Ukraine, which began on 21 November 2013 with large protests in Maidan Nezalezhnosti (Independence Square) in Kyiv. The protests were sparked by President Viktor Yanukovych's sudden decision not to sign the European Union–Ukraine Association Agreement, instead choosing closer ties to Russia and the Eurasian Economic Union.

which part is incorrect? did Viktor not stop EU talks? is Viktor not allied with Russia? where he is currently in exile. was his opponent, Yulia Tymoshenko, whom he defeated, not a pro EU/NATO alternative?

i dont pretend to be a ukraine expert, so please correct me?

In any case 49% of the country did vote for Vik, and a few percent less voted for Yulia. but break down the numbers in Kyiv and the surrounding area.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Mar 31 2023 02:34pm
Gold: 12,095.00
Mar 31 2023 02:45pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 31 2023 04:31pm)
which part is incorrect? did Viktor not stop EU talks? is Viktor not allied with Russia? where he is currently in exile. was his opponent, Yulia Tymoshenko, whom he defeated, not a pro EU/NATO alternative?

i dont pretend to be a ukraine expert, so please correct me?

First of all, you keep saying EU/NATO. Many Ukrainians wanted a closer relationship with Europe due to economic reasons and benefits of EU such as visa free travel, investments, loans, etc, nothing to do with a closer relationship with NATO. That was the western half, that lost the election.

Let's leave out the fact that this coup was western backed and funded for a second. Why do you think it's okay for the half of the country that lost an election to violently depose the elected president? He had the legitimate power to stop pro-EU trade pacts so not sure why you think he somehow went outside the scope of what the president can do.

I mean weren't you posting about how terrible Jan 6 was and how historic of an attack that was? If that was successful and we had Democrat politicians and judges imprisoned or running for the hills and CNN and MSNBC was banned that's what Ukraine is post Maidan. Just strange how you were pearl clutching about the domestic case but this is some beacon of freedom and democracy on display.
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 31 2023 05:29pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 31 Mar 2023 19:56)
i didnt say it cost a few lives, at all. i said small number by comparison, which is true.

Timeline:
-holodomor(i start here)
-russian backed president wins and kills EU/NATO initiatives that spawned in the liberal eastern half of Ukraine
-protests arise
-US backs coup underway as a result of killing EU/NATO attempts (you start here)
-Putin backs separatists in the west only to cry when they get shelled
-Putin invades
-Today

Putin killed the chances Ukraine could escape his grasp without US backing, then funded thousands to die in "ethnic russian" regions, then invaded using their deaths as pretense.

do i think the US has any real admirable goals in Ukraine? not even close. it was a big dirty mistake to ever get involved there, and we should have been the ones to kill the EU/NATO talks. but in hindsight we didnt invade another nation with a fullscale conventional army. no matter how bad we are they're inarguably worse. that's my only point. any attempts to say im arguing the US is good in any way are just strawmans and always have been. we bad, they worse, inarguably. they just simple are worse, its not equivalent, they're worse. we played spy games they played war games.

The bolded is really the key point of contention in my opinion. The way you and I, as well as most posters from the "pro-Ukraine" side in this war, believe that a revolt against the Russia-aligned president was organically underway due to their outrage over Yanukovych tearing apart the EU-UA association agreement at the eleventh hour. (Which btw went against Yanukovych's promises from the campaign trail for the 2010 presidential election.)

From that point on, things derailed quickly; Yanukovych deployed his Berkut secret police which violently cracked down on the Euromaidan protesters, who in turn got increasingly violent as well, and so on and forth. The way we see it, the train toward coup-town had already left the station at that point and the West decided to jump the train and try to shape the events such that the outcome would serve our interests (i.e. there is a pro-Western government when the dust settles).

The way the pro-Russian posters see it, the Euromaidan protests were astroturfed by the CIA/Western intelligence from the get go and would never have gotten this explosive without our interference. Hence, the legitimately elected president was ousted by a coup which was illegitimate and never actually represented the will of the Ukrainian people. The constitutional gridlock (between the Moscow-aligned president and the pro-EU parliament) was thus resolved in favor of Western interests, at the expense of the - in their view - majority of the Ukrainian population which would have preferred to remain aligned with Russia.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 31 2023 05:41pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 31 2023 05:34pm
my tds
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1454455456457458700Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll