d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread, Continued
Prev1452453454455456700Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,095.00
Mar 31 2023 12:15pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 31 2023 01:56pm)
i didnt say it cost a few lives, at all. i said small number by comparison, which is true.

Timeline:
-holodomor(i start here)
-russian backed president wins and kills EU/NATO initiatives that spawned in the liberal eastern half of Ukraine
-protests arise
-US backs coup underway as a result of killing EU/NATO attempts (you start here)
-Putin backs separatists in the west only to cry when they get shelled
-Putin invades
-Today

Putin killed the chances Ukraine could escape his grasp without US backing, then funded thousands to die in "ethnic russian" regions, then invaded using their deaths as pretense.

do i think the US has any real admirable goals in Ukraine? not even close. it was a big dirty mistake to ever get involved there, and we should have been the ones to kill the EU/NATO talks. but in hindsight we didnt invade another nation with a fullscale conventional army. no matter how bad we are they're inarguably worse. that's my only point. any attempts to say im arguing the US is good in any way are just strawmans and always have been. we bad, they worse, inarguably. they just simple are worse, its not equivalent, they're worse. we played spy games they played war games.

Of course you start at the point which paints the relationship in the worst of lights, very dishonest framing, again... If you don't want to start at they coup why not start off at the true beginning with the Kievan Rus which shows these people are very close ethnically and basically have the same roots?

Except we did invade another nation in our hegemonic ambitions and occupied it for 9 years resulting in hundreds of thousands of dead and what irks me is so many of you eat up CIA aligned talking points which paint our geopolitical enemies as way worse therefore what we do is somehow justified or the lesser evil. Again, not an argument of good, bad worse. It's a garbage argument that's been used by hawks for decades. We can always frame why the other side is worse therefore what we do is okay or justified in some way. We have our interests they have theirs, that's the true reasons and we stepped on their toes. In a parallel universe where Russia just overthrew a Canadian government to install their puppet regime for a future war with the US, I'd bet we'd have responded very similarly.

Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 31 2023 12:22pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 31 2023 01:15pm)
Of course you start at the point which paints the relationship in the worst of lights, very dishonest framing, again... If you don't want to start at they coup why not start off at the true beginning with the Kievan Rus which shows these people are very close ethnically and basically have the same roots?

Except we did invade another nation in our hegemonic ambitions and occupied it for 9 years resulting in hundreds of thousands of dead and what irks me is so many of you eat up CIA aligned talking points which paint our geopolitical enemies as way worse therefore what we do is somehow justified or the lesser evil. Again, not an argument of good, bad worse. It's a garbage argument that's been used by hawks for decades. We can always frame why the other side is worse therefore what we do is okay or justified in some way. We have our interests they have theirs, that's the true reasons and we stepped on their toes. In a parallel universe where Russia just overthrew a Canadian government to install their puppet regime for a future war with the US, I'd bet we'd have responded very similarly.

3.5-7 million people dying seemed like a good place to start as its the most lasting event driving lasting enmity in the western half of the country. but i was mostly being satirical. the truth is a Putin backed candidate killed all organic groundswell NATO/EU talks, and that's what started all of this in the modern context. it's a better argument to go tinfoil and claim all of the NATO/EU initiatives themselves were the result of CIA backdealings, compared to starting at the coup itself with zero prior context even when that context is on the scale of months rather than years let alone decades.

the rest of your post is really just strawmans tbh concerning narratives of the CIA. i said we're bad, shouldn't have ever been involved, but recognize a full army invasion makes russia worse. u seem incapable of admitting that, but feel free to.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Mar 31 2023 12:23pm
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 31 2023 12:38pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 31 2023 08:09pm)

You mean like in the 1930s, when Stalin deliberately starved millions of Ukrainians to death?

I obviously meant the recent past but if you want to trade shit posts, what if I told you that Hitler planned to starve all Soviet citizens so you would have your lebensraum.

Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 31 2023 01:34pm
Hi, i have a request: I'm looking for this picture but with higher definition (i don't care about the text: it's all about the guy's face in the middle)

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Mar 31 2023 01:36pm
Gold: 12,095.00
Mar 31 2023 01:37pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 31 2023 02:22pm)
3.5-7 million people dying seemed like a good place to start as its the most lasting event driving lasting enmity in the western half of the country. but i was mostly being satirical. the truth is a Putin backed candidate killed all organic groundswell NATO/EU talks, and that's what started all of this in the modern context. it's a better argument to go tinfoil and claim all of the NATO/EU initiatives themselves were the result of CIA backdealings, compared to starting at the coup itself with zero prior context even when that context is on the scale of months rather than years let alone decades.

the rest of your post is really just strawmans tbh concerning narratives of the CIA. i said we're bad, shouldn't have ever been involved, but recognize a full army invasion makes russia worse. u seem incapable of admitting that, but feel free to.

Your posts read as that as of someone that's an armchair keyboard warrior tbh. As someone that's been to western Ukraine before and after 2014 and has roots in eastern Europe you're just kind of clueless on the dynamics, no offense. Your whole framing is that of some bondaged people breaking away from the yoke of some genocidal neighbor is completely nonsensical. You'd see how nonsensical it is if you actually been there in the past and saw Ukrainians, even in many parts of the west speaking Russian, having a grandmother or a cousin living in Russia, having a wife that's half Russian and so on. My wife's aunt who's from western Ukraine used to do business regularly in Russia prior to 2014 and it was her main source of revenue. Ukraine's relationship was very close to what we see here with Canada, a far cry from the nonsense you're framing.

Vast majority of people there didn't really view what happened early during communism as genocide or whatever because there was famine and suffering across the board. Ukrainians, Russians, Moldovans, Belarusians, etc many suffered. But in your mainstream 'current thing' fed narrative it was only Ukrainians dying from famine. But I shouldn't be surprised that once again your take landed on what's the most popular take today, something that I consistent observed with you throughout years of posting on here.
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Mar 31 2023 01:42pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 31 2023 02:56pm)
i didnt say it cost a few lives, at all. i said small number by comparison, which is true.

Timeline:
-holodomor(i start here)
-russian backed president wins and kills EU/NATO initiatives that spawned in the liberal eastern half of Ukraine
-protests arise
-US backs coup underway as a result of killing EU/NATO attempts (you start here)
-Putin backs separatists in the west only to cry when they get shelled
-Putin invades
-Today

Putin killed the chances Ukraine could escape his grasp without US backing, then funded thousands to die in "ethnic russian" regions, then invaded using their deaths as pretense.

do i think the US has any real admirable goals in Ukraine? not even close. it was a big dirty mistake to ever get involved there, and we should have been the ones to kill the EU/NATO talks. but in hindsight we didnt invade another nation with a fullscale conventional army. no matter how bad we are they're inarguably worse. that's my only point. any attempts to say im arguing the US is good in any way are just strawmans and always have been. we bad, they worse, inarguably. they just simple are worse, its not equivalent, they're worse. we played spy games they played war games.

So you are an actual nazi? Good to know lol

Disgusting burger POS

At least most of your disgusting country supports this stuff out of ignorance, you know what's happening and support it because your brain is rotted from cold war propaganda

This post was edited by DizzyBusiness on Mar 31 2023 01:50pm
Mar 31 2023 01:53pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 31 2023 02:37pm)
Your posts read as that as of someone that's an armchair keyboard warrior tbh. As someone that's been to western Ukraine before and after 2014 and has roots in eastern Europe you're just kind of clueless on the dynamics, no offense. Your whole framing is that of some bondaged people breaking away from the yoke of some genocidal neighbor is completely nonsensical. You'd see how nonsensical it is if you actually been there in the past and saw Ukrainians, even in many parts of the west speaking Russian, having a grandmother or a cousin living in Russia, having a wife that's half Russian and so on. My wife's aunt who's from western Ukraine used to do business regularly in Russia prior to 2014 and it was her main source of revenue. Ukraine's relationship was very close to what we see here with Canada, a far cry from the nonsense you're framing.

Vast majority of people there didn't really view what happened early during communism as genocide or whatever because there was famine and suffering across the board. Ukrainians, Russians, Moldovans, Belarusians, etc many suffered. But in your mainstream 'current thing' fed narrative it was only Ukrainians dying from famine. But I shouldn't be surprised that once again your take landed on what's the most popular take today, something that I consistent observed with you throughout years of posting on here.

you're not reading for comprehension. you're reading the satirical and hyperbolic things im posting literally (despite me literally saying not to), and when i say "this is exactly and only what i really think" you page past it. then you back to telling me i just parrot the mainstream media, even tho what im saying isn't at all the western media's take. the western media isn't saying the coup was a mistake because they dont even dare mention it, they're not saying us being involved is a mistake, they make it out to be a moral fight we're winning. the media isn't saying the US should have shut down NATO/EU talks and left Ukraine the Russian influence. im saying that, all of those things are what i think.

the fact that Putin shut down an uprising by having his chosen candidate rip up the NATO/EU movement and the fact that we should have let him can coexist.

it is pretty funny to read that us stealing Ukraine from Russian influence was what started the war, but then also hear Ukraine is basically Russia's Canada, kek.

Quote (DizzyBusiness @ Mar 31 2023 02:42pm)
So you are an actual nazi? Good to know lol

Disgusting burger POS

At least most of your disgusting country supports this stuff out of ignorance, you know what's happening and support it because your brain is rotted from cold war propaganda

i literally posted getting involved at all was a mistake in the post you quoted. read better.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Mar 31 2023 01:54pm
Mar 31 2023 01:57pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 31 2023 04:53pm)
you're not reading for comprehension. you're reading the satirical and hyperbolic things im posting literally (despite me literally saying not to), and when i say "this is exactly and only what i really think" you page past it. then you back to telling me i just parrot the mainstream media, even tho what im saying isn't at all the western media's take. the western media isn't saying the coup was a mistake because they dont even dare mention it, they're not saying us being involved is a mistake, they make it out to be a moral fight we're winning. the media isn't saying the US should have shut down NATO/EU talks and left Ukraine the Russian influence. im saying that, all of those things are what i think.

the fact that Putin shut down an uprising by having his chosen candidate rip up the NATO/EU movement and the fact that we should have let him can coexist.

it is pretty funny to read that us stealing Ukraine from Russian influence was what started the war, but then also hear Ukraine is basically Russia's Canada, kek.

i literally posted getting involved at all was a mistake in the post you quoted. read better.

Ah yes it was a mistake but now we have no choice!

Bootlicking monster. I hope you and your family experience the sort of things you inflict on the rest of the world with your ignorance. If there is a hell you will have a spot waiting for you.
Mar 31 2023 02:00pm
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ Mar 31 2023 02:57pm)
Ah yes it was a mistake but now we have no choice!

Bootlicking monster. I hope you and your family experience the sort of things you inflict on the rest of the world with your ignorance. If there is a hell you will have a spot waiting for you.

i said that? interesting.

you should stop making assumptions.
Mar 31 2023 02:02pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 31 2023 05:00pm)
i said that? interesting.

you should stop making assumptions.

You should stop breathing.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1452453454455456700Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll