d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread, Continued
Prev1450451452453454700Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Mar 31 2023 02:20am
Quote (Neptunus @ Mar 31 2023 04:38am)
Well, of course, it's obvious. When totalitarianism has been totalitarianism for long enough, it stops being totalitarianism. We all know this.

Im equally concerned about the degradation of democracy in Western countries. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

If you think i'm a fan of hawkish spreading of "democracy" (we've all seen Vietnam and Iraq), then you're mistaken. Underestimating who you converse with as an excuse to withhold arguments just makes you look pompous.

I didn't realize you were so well versed in American imperialism, my mistake. So I assume you were against the US funding color revolutions all along Russias border? After enlarging a military alliance towards those borders for years in the name of defending Europe from.....the "enemy"? After many western leaders made assurances to Russia not to do so? How about plans to install ABM's along Russias border to "defend against Iranian nukes".

How about funding a violent coup which coincidentally produced a more western "friendly" government which immediately starting oppressing the Russian speaking Ukrainian population? How about supporting the Ukrainian government as they labeled these people separatists and terrorists for not agreeing to abandon their language and culture?

Your personal convictions mean nothing if you are ignorant to the reality of the situation, the statements you've made about the situation show your lack of research and knowledge of the history involved, that is why I don't treat them or you with respect.

This post was edited by DizzyBusiness on Mar 31 2023 02:22am
Gold: 46,068.00
Mar 31 2023 02:37am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ 31 Mar 2023 16:20)
I didn't realize you were so well versed in American imperialism, my mistake. So I assume you were against the US funding color revolutions all along Russias border? After enlarging a military alliance towards those borders for years in the name of defending Europe from.....the "enemy"? After many western leaders made assurances to Russia not to do so? How about plans to install ABM's along Russias border to "defend against Iranian nukes".

How about funding a violent coup which coincidentally produced a more western "friendly" government which immediately starting oppressing the Russian speaking Ukrainian population? How about supporting the Ukrainian government as they labeled these people separatists and terrorists for not agreeing to abandon their language and culture?

Your personal convictions mean nothing if you are ignorant to the reality of the situation, the statements you've made about the situation show your lack of research and knowledge of the history involved, that is why I don't treat them or you with respect.

Do you see the similarities in Taiwan ?
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Mar 31 2023 02:46am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 31 2023 05:37am)
Do you see the similarities in Taiwan ?

I don't know enough about Taiwan to point them out really, from what I know of the US and their interests I assume many of the same methods and pressures are applied. The main difference I assume would be that China is a more powerful opponent so the US has to step more lightly than they do when poking Russia.
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 31 2023 03:02am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Mar 30 2023 11:27pm)
No I am not deflecting because you said "Go to Russia and tell them that NATO taking over Ukraine"
So i am answering that Nato is not "taking over" this is the choice of Ukraine, a sovereign country, to ASK in joining NATO.

When you see russian TV to debate if Ukrainians should be 'Eliminated" or "Re-Educated' You understand why they want to take distance LOL.

You are so toxic and useless

Yes you're deflecting.

It's clear as day that for an adversary NATO is seen as a threat.

Again, go ask the Russians and let me know.

Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 30 2023 11:33pm)
Djunior cannot accept that Putin gaslit him into believing NATO was a threat; When really democracy and freedom is a threat to Putins dictatorship.

He is in the deepest denial.

You have zero understanding of how things in the real world, Russia isn't going to roll over because YOU are screeching about dictators. Deal with it.

Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Mar 30 2023 11:33pm)
Not an argument

It's true ;)

BTW you that guy I debated years ago regarding woke madness starting to take over gaming, Hollywood, adds and so on, right? And you claiming it wasn't true and I was crazy? Try again.

Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 31 2023 03:09am
Quote (Djunior @ 31 Mar 2023 11:02)
Yes you're deflecting.
It's clear as day that for an adversary NATO is seen as a threat.
Again, go ask the Russians and let me know..

Nato invaded Finland TODAY !! :o
+
Bucha 1 year: I guess Russians can celebrate ?
Your dodge is pathetic, so dishonest and hypocrite, tool much.
Mar 31 2023 03:12am
Quote (Neptunus @ Mar 31 2023 07:25am)
Poor Russia, their state wages war despite having the shittiest health statistics for males in Europe and now its somehow the West's fault that its probably gonna goto the worse amd resort to China (another success story in human rights, yeah?). You're completely overlooking the fact Russia's not a free, democratic country but a state ruled by a despotic oligarchy with basically no freedom of speech. Dealing with them requires negotiations, yes, but not at their terms. Use military force, get military force in response (aka fuck around and find out).

Russia had all the opportunities to jointhe Western camp in the 90s. Turned out it never was Russia but the USSR machinery is still there under the hood, they just did the Chinese trick of freeing the market.

Tunisian migrants are a minor issue when we discuss nuclear state geopolitics. And if youre that old, then you if anyone here should realise what it means when a state returns to actively utilizing nuclear threat rhetoric while ravaging its neighbour. It caused a geopolitical crisis on its own. And no, im not a purple haired progressive, and wont ever be one, no matter how hard you get over imagining me as one.

There is no ought from is, one would think you would already know that if you lived in the USSR era. Why do you even try to defend Russia's actions is beyond me. Youre rejected by your own mainstream Western circles so you have a deep irrational sense of betrayal by the Western hegemony or what is it that bothers you?

Russia's priorities are funny. They invade Ukraine which was still miles from becoming a NATO member but can't do shit about Finland and Sweden. Not even after the decades of Finlandization. Makes you wonder if NATO expansion was ever the real reason :rolleyes:

I'm NOT defending Russia, I'm pointing out that any adversary would see ongoing and persistent NATO expansion as a threat.

Everyone would be better off when West - Russia relations would be normal and there could be trade as it used to be, no energy crisis, and so on. This is a fact

NATO shit policies have made the situation worse for the entire planet and I don't give a damn that Russia is your neighbor, learn to keep up good relations with them just like Ukraine should've done instead of falling for that sweet EU / NATO bait.

Countries like Russia and China are nuclear powers and they're here to stay and they definitely don't care that you don't like that, just deal with it.

Mar 31 2023 03:15am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Mar 31 2023 11:09am)
Nato invaded Finland TODAY !! :o
+
Bucha 1 year: I guess Russians can celebrate ?
Your dodge is pathetic, so dishonest and hypocrite, tool much.

Finland =/= Ukraine, no Crimea, no Sevastopol naval base ;)

20 years ago the coalition invaded Iraq which was an illegal war and resulted in the death of over 100K civilians.

Oh wait you don't care, you're a complete and utter NATO shill, a complete and utter tool :o :o
Gold: 107.77
Mar 31 2023 09:59am
Gold: 260.11
Mar 31 2023 10:10am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 31 2023 04:02am)
It's true ;)

BTW you that guy I debated years ago regarding woke madness starting to take over gaming, Hollywood, adds and so on, right? And you claiming it wasn't true and I was crazy? Try again.

Thanks for acknowledging that it's true that it's not an argument. Try making an argument next time, it'll help you identify the wrong areas of your beliefs so you can change them.

If we did discuss hollywood it was my position was that it's probably rainbow capitalism, and trans/gay/black people just existing in a genre isn't "woke", it's just an accurate reflection of reality. That's pretty much always been my position on that subject.
Mar 31 2023 10:52am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Mar 31 2023 06:10pm)
Thanks for acknowledging that it's true that it's not an argument. Try making an argument next time, it'll help you identify the wrong areas of your beliefs so you can change them.

If we did discuss hollywood it was my position was that it's probably rainbow capitalism, and trans/gay/black people just existing in a genre isn't "woke", it's just an accurate reflection of reality. That's pretty much always been my position on that subject.

I've posted the arguments many times, look into NATO expansion and ask yourself if an adversary could possibly have issues with it considering they could lose their naval base (territory that's historically been theirs for centuries)

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1450451452453454700Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll