d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1444546474879Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 55.44
Aug 19 2012 04:31pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ 19 Aug 2012 18:08)
I don't need some book to lie to me.  All I need to do is actually BELIEVE Jesus when He says that He's the only way to heaven.  How would "interpret" these passages?  It can't get any plainer than what it says.  Jesus is the ONLY way.  If you choose not to believe Him, then that's on you. 

Jesus said:

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus said:

Joh 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Jesus said:

Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Jesus said:

Joh 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Jesus said:

Joh 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
"For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

The Bible says:

1Jo 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Joh 14:6 : If you believe in truth and life, you will go to heaven, that's what Jesus said. He said he is truth and life, and that truth and life are the way. Those who currently believe in a Jesus doing miracles, like physically raising people from death are believing in myths and won't go to heaven, they are Jesus (truth/life) ennemy actually.

Joh 3:18 : That's saying you are saved if you have faith in truth/life.

Joh 10:9 : That's saying truth/life is the door

Joh 10:7 : Same than 10:9

You just have to understand Jesus for what he was : A spiritual being that overcame animal life that we are all experiencing now (some already woke up, but not much yet)... This doesn't mean he was some kind of magician doing miracle, just that he truely lived in the present.
You also have to understand what he said : “Whoever finds the correct interpretation of what I am saying will find eternal life.”
He said he is truth/life, and that's the only way (see Joh 3:18).

The book that I linked to you explains this better than myself.
Gold: 1,720.00
Aug 19 2012 04:36pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 19 2012 04:26pm)
...I seem to remember that mohammad once killed a man while in a drunken stupor and afterward declared alcohol was off limits for all his followers . I'm not exactly sure if this is in the koran or it's just a fable passed down through the years .

I try to take only from the Quran because this is the book they seem to say is flawless....

might be in some of the hadiths idk..

you would have to study these books to know the meaning and content and the context and how it was written.
or trust that your Imam or Pastor has a well educated meaning of them and is not biased.

Anything can be taken out of context. Some more so then others.

Gold: 56.10
Aug 19 2012 06:05pm
Quote (XXHATEBREEDXX @ Aug 19 2012 05:01pm)
Strong drink and ... are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. [5:90, also 2:219]. Yet on the other hand in Paradise are rivers of wine [47:15, also 83:22,25]. How does Satan's handiwork get into Paradise?

heres one for ya...need more? np really

This one is still very relavent in the world today against the people of the book but yet is somehow forgotten because it isnt convenient
( hating jews is cool i guess )

The Qur'an declares that everyone will be held responsible only for his own sins [S. 17:13-15, 53:38-42]. Yet, the Qur'an accuses the Jews of Muhammad's day for the sins committed some 2000 years earlier by other Jews, e.g. worshipping the Golden Calf idol

The reward of paradise contains rewards the like of which no eye has seen not has any ear heard not has ever occurred upon the hearts of humanity (Hadeeth Qudsi. Also read Al-Sajdah(32):17).

In the face of such bliss, how do you tell people what awaits them? You give them descriptive terms that bring the issues closer to their understanding. For example, Muhammad(47):15 describes the water of Heaven as never putrefying, the milk as never changing in taste (going sour), etc. In a similar fashion, the wine of Paradise does not contain the very ingredient which has made it prohibited in this life. Specifically, intoxicants. You can read the confirmation of this, for example, in Al-Saffat(37):45-47, or Al-Wakiah(56):19.

In the USA it is a crime to drink beer then drive. The wisdom behind this law is that it impairs judgment. Does this mean that if one were to drink "rootbeer" or "ginger ale" then the law will stand? Of course not. Why? Because they are not "intoxicants." The prohibition in Islam is because of the "intoxicating" action and not because of the name. If someone were to create a new kind of beer and choose not to call it "beer" but to name it "Zima," would this make it lawful to drink it then drive? No, the name has no bearing on the law, it is only the intoxicating action which is at issue. If it is present then it is unlawful, if it is not then it is lawful, regardless of the name. This is the same as the law of Islam. In Islam the name does not matter, it is the intoxicants which make it prohibited, be it named "beer," "wine," "alcohol," "heroin," "whiskey," "marijuana," or whatever.
Gold: 55.44
Aug 19 2012 06:38pm
Just found a quote that I can't add to my post because it's too late for edit :

Jesus said, "In me, all things become one, for everything that is not of me is illusion and will pass away. Only Light abides, for Light is Truth, and Truth has no end.I tell you the truth when I say that I am the Way, the Truth, the Light, and the Life. Walk in me, and you will abide forever, for you will be even as I AM."

Quote (SecondGear @ 20 Aug 2012 02:05)
The reward of paradise contains rewards the like of which no eye has seen not has any ear heard not has ever occurred upon the hearts of humanity (Hadeeth Qudsi. Also read Al-Sajdah(32):17).

In the face of such bliss, how do you tell people what awaits them? You give them descriptive terms that bring the issues closer to their understanding. For example, Muhammad(47):15 describes the water of Heaven as never putrefying, the milk as never changing in taste (going sour), etc. In a similar fashion, the wine of Paradise does not contain the very ingredient which has made it prohibited in this life. Specifically, intoxicants. You can read the confirmation of this, for example, in Al-Saffat(37):45-47, or Al-Wakiah(56):19.

In the USA it is a crime to drink beer then drive. The wisdom behind this law is that it impairs judgment. Does this mean that if one were to drink "rootbeer" or "ginger ale" then the law will stand? Of course not. Why? Because they are not "intoxicants." The prohibition in Islam is because of the "intoxicating" action and not because of the name. If someone were to create a new kind of beer and choose not to call it "beer" but to name it "Zima," would this make it lawful to drink it then drive? No, the name has no bearing on the law, it is only the intoxicating action which is at issue. If it is present then it is unlawful, if it is not then it is lawful, regardless of the name. This is the same as the law of Islam. In Islam the name does not matter, it is the intoxicants which make it prohibited, be it named "beer," "wine," "alcohol," "heroin," "whiskey," "marijuana," or whatever.

Marijuana doesn't impairs judgment, it's just one of the plants of God... how can you compare it with alcohol ?!
You don't drink tea ? it's a plant just like marijuana, and you can consume both in same way (vaporize), which is not toxicant for your body (just an exemple)...

This post was edited by Eti_fr on Aug 19 2012 06:43pm
Gold: 1,720.00
Aug 19 2012 08:17pm
Quote (SecondGear @ Aug 19 2012 06:05pm)

The main problem with citing this is that the passage nowhere identifies this drink as wine. It does not even mention either the word wine or strong drinks/intoxicants. It simply says that believers will drink from a cup something which is white in color which does not cause headiness. If anything, one can make an argument that this drink is actually milk. After all, the Quran does mention the fact that believers will be given rivers of milk, and milk is indeed white:

I dont see how you do not address the handiworks of Satan still being in that glutonous paradise though.

Let me know when you are ready for next one please.

This post was edited by XXHATEBREEDXX on Aug 19 2012 08:38pm
Gold: 186.16
Aug 21 2012 06:46pm
[QUOTE=Eti_fr,Aug 19 2012 10:31pm]Joh 14:6 : If you believe in truth and life, you will go to heaven, that's what Jesus said. He said he is truth and life, and that truth and life are the way. Those who currently believe in a Jesus doing miracles, like physically raising people from death are believing in myths and won't go to heaven, they are Jesus (truth/life) ennemy actually..[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Eti_fr,Aug 19 2012 10:31pm]
No He didn't. He said I AM the way, the truth and the life. He did NOT say If you believe in truth and life... He didn't say He is truth and life, He said He is THE truth and the life.

No, they WILL go to heaven because that's exactly what Jesus did. You are trying to preach a different Jesus than the Bible teaches. Read the verse again and look at it. He said I am THE way, THE truth and THE life, NO MAN comes unto the Father but by WHOM? Me. Who is Me referring to? It's referring to Jesus. It's very plain and simple.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

[QUOTE=Eti_fr,Aug 19 2012 10:31pm] Joh 3:18 : That's saying you are saved if you have faith in truth/life...[/QUOTE]

Let's look at the ACTUAL verse and see if that's what it says.

Joh 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Him is referring to Jesus. He who believes in JESUS is not Condemned. He who does NOT believe in Jesus is Condemned already. Why? Because He has NOT believe in the name of Jesus.

[QUOTE=Eti_fr,Aug 19 2012 10:31pm] Joh 10:9 : That's saying truth/life is the door...[/QUOTE]

Let's explore the verse and see if that's what it says:

Joh 10:9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

Jesus said I AM the door, therefore, JESUS is the door. If anyone enters by Who? Jesus...that person will be saved...

It's all pretty simple if you just believe what it ACTUALLY says.

[QUOTE=Eti_fr,Aug 19 2012 10:31pm] Joh 10:7 : Same than 10:9...[/QUOTE]

Jesus AGAIN affirms that JESUS is the door of the sheep. HE is the DOOR to salvation.

Joh 10:7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

[QUOTE=Eti_fr,Aug 19 2012 10:31pm]You just have to understand Jesus for what he was : A spiritual being that overcame animal life that we are all experiencing now (some already woke up, but not much yet)... This doesn't mean he was some kind of magician doing miracle, just that he truely lived in the present.
You also have to understand what he said : “Whoever finds the correct interpretation of what I am saying will find eternal life.”
He said he is truth/life, and that's the only way (see Joh 3:18)....[/QUOTE]

The problem with your analogy is that it directly contradicts what the Bible says about Jesus. Since the Bible was written by the actual eyewitnesses who were there and you were not, I will believe the Biblical accounts. Jesus is God in the flesh. He performed miracles, walked on water, raised the dead, healed the sick, made the blind to see, just as the Bible says He did. He fulfilled hundreds of prophecies written of Him, literally hundreds of years before His birth.

He didn't say that He is truth and life. He said that He is THE way THE truth and THE life. You are trying to change the meaning of the passage by manipulating key words in it.

[QUOTE=Eti_fr,Aug 19 2012 10:31pm]The book that I linked to you explains this better than myself.[/QUOTE]

Everything that you assert directly contradicts the Biblical eyewitness accounts of those who actually were there and knew Jesus. I will believe the Bible and not you or your book. You really need to recondider your views and base them on the writings of those who were actually there. If someone came along today and told you that George Washington wasn't the President of the United States, would you believe him? Why not? Because that person wasn't there and it contradicts the eyewitness accounts of his life.

Gold: 56.10
Aug 23 2012 02:53am
Quote (XXHATEBREEDXX @ Aug 19 2012 05:22pm)
Do you really want to go here? Some might say this is cherry picking but you asked for examples, I am providing them, I do not think just because some books have flaws in them it means they are bs, Mamy books are written by Man and as such through years are inherently flawed, if you understand and recieve the message then the book was successful. Through Arrogance people think they are perfect. Man is not Perfect neither is anything he creates.

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-" 

Mohammed waged offensive wars and although he never killed anyone it doesnt mean he was not directly responsible for many deaths.
In that case you could argue Hitler was not responsible as he did not kill anyone either.

Sorry for the late reply I was a bit confused my self.

Please read the quotes previous/and after quotes to understand the context and not just state one quote that says fight.

89. They wish that you reject Faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you all become equal (like one another). So take not Auliya' (protectors or friends) from them, till they emigrate in the Way of Allah (to Muhammad ). But if they turn back (from Islam), take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them, and take neither Auliya' (protectors or friends) nor helpers from them.

Now this verse is indeed saying kill all those who disbelieve in Islam. Why is it saying this? Because at the time of mohammad the disbelievers attacked muslims, and muslims had to retaliate. This is proven in the next quote.

90.Except those who join a group, between you and whom there is a treaty (of peace), or those who approach you with their breasts restraining from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. Had Allah willed, indeed He would have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they withdraw from you, and fight not against you, and offer you peace, then Allah has opened no way for you against them.

This quote is saying. Even if you are a disbeliever if you want to be peaceful with us then we are not allowed to hurt you. Also if we try to hurt you yet you restrain from fighting and act in self-defense, we are ABSOLUTELY not allowed to hurt you EVEN if you are a disbeliever.

91. You will find others that wish to have security from you and security from their people. Every time they are sent back to temptation, they yield thereto. If they withdraw not from you, nor offer you peace, nor restrain their hands, take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them. In their case, We have provided you with a clear warrant against them.

Again it is saying if the disbelievers do NOT stop fighting you or are not pleaing to stop the fighting nor offer peace kill them. Nothing wrong with that. If they want to kill you. You can kill them in an act of self-defense.

92. It is not for a believer to kill a believer except (that it be) by mistake, and whosoever kills a believer by mistake, (it is ordained that) he must set free a believing slave and a compensation (blood money, i.e Diya) be given to the deceased's family, unless they remit it. If the deceased belonged to a people at war with you and he was a believer; the freeing of a believing slave (is prescribed), and if he belonged to a people with whom you have a treaty of mutual alliance, compensation (blood money - Diya) must be paid to his family, and a believing slave must be freed. And whoso finds this (the penance of freeing a slave) beyond his means, he must fast for two consecutive months in order to seek repentance from Allah. And Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.

93. And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell to abide therein, and the Wrath and the Curse of Allah are upon him, and a great punishment is prepared for him.

94. O you who believe! When you go (to fight) in the Cause of Allah, verify (the truth), and say not to anyone who greets you (by embracing Islam): "You are not a believer"; seeking the perishable goods of the worldly life. There are much more profits and booties with Allah. Even as he is now, so were you yourselves before till Allah conferred on you His Favours (i.e. guided you to Islam), therefore, be cautious in discrimination. Allah is Ever Well-Aware of what you do.

95. Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home). Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward;

Now the verse you quoted. The context is still the same. Non-believers are fighting the muslims. So? Allah prefers those who fight back rather then sit at home. That's all it is saying.

I hope your views change about Islam. It really is not a religion of violence.

This post was edited by SecondGear on Aug 23 2012 02:55am
Gold: 581.00
Aug 23 2012 05:01am
This guy claims to know how :rolleyes: .
Gold: 722.53
Warn: 10%
Aug 23 2012 05:54am
Quote (amatsukami @ Aug 23 2012 05:01am)
This guy claims to know how  :rolleyes: .
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/08/22/article-0-14A5FD74000005DC-559_634x965.jpg

That art is revolting.
Gold: 581.00
Aug 23 2012 02:39pm
Quote (AEtheric @ Aug 23 2012 01:54pm)
That art is revolting.

Quite acurrate portrait of jesus imo, saw him in one of my dreams once.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1444546474879Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll