d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev14464474484494503169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9,164.33
Jun 15 2016 03:25pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 15 2016 01:17pm)
Ethnicity =/= race. Go back to school.

nobody is even wanting to remove Mexicans for being Mexican, it's removing Illegals for being illegal -- no matter their country of origin. Mexico is just where most Illegals are from due to geographical convenience

This post was edited by majorblood on Jun 15 2016 03:25pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 15 2016 03:52pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 15 2016 03:17pm)
Do you think Mexican is a race? Educate yourself.

No I don't think that at all. I just find it hilarious that when idiots spew shit offensive to all latinos, but sprinkle in the word "mexican", you guy's best response is "Its not racist, he said mexican, mexican isnt a race." As if there is some distinction in who this shit offends, it doesnt. Furthermore Mexico is simply the funnel that illegal immigrants from countries further south travel through to reach America, when speaking of any illegal immigration issues at the southern border you aren't speaking simply of Mexico, you're speaking of all latin america.

But by all means, keep ignoring the real issue with your lazy counter of "mexican isnt a race", that'll teach 'em.
Jun 15 2016 04:01pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 15 2016 01:52pm)
No I don't think that at all. I just find it hilarious that when idiots spew shit offensive to all latinos, but sprinkle in the word "mexican", you guy's best response is "Its not racist, he said mexican, mexican isnt a race." As if there is some distinction in who this shit offends, it doesnt. Furthermore Mexico is simply the funnel that illegal immigrants from countries further south travel through to reach America, when speaking of any illegal immigration issues at the southern border you aren't speaking simply of Mexico, you're speaking of all latin america.

But by all means, keep ignoring the real issue with your lazy counter of "mexican isnt a race", that'll teach 'em.

What is being spewed that is offensive to all latinos? Latino isn't a race either while we're at it.
I have only made points to support this and never disagreed with this bold section
Gold: 0.00
Jun 15 2016 04:02pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 15 2016 03:47pm)
I feel about PETA the same way he feels about the NRA.

Hating Mexicans isn't racist lmao.

You know the GOP had 30% of the Latino vote in previous elections? All those gains lost to get some rednecks riled up. By a fucking birther.

Why does everyone assume people who are against illegal immigration are against it because of racial issues.

Ideally I want to deport all illegal immigrants, even though it isn't really feasible.
I want to stop all illegal immigrants, and take more actions to stop them from coming over the border.
I am fine with Mexicans or anyone else coming over the border, assuming they do so legally, and they are educated/economically well off/have a decent paying job lined up.

I don't want to be accepting illegals or legal immigrants who are going to be a burden on tax payers. This has absolutely nothing to do with race.
Gold: 40.42
Jun 15 2016 04:02pm
Quote (majorblood @ 15 Jun 2016 14:01)
What is being spewed that is offensive to all latinos? Latino isn't a race either while we're at it.
I have only made points to support this and never disagreed with this bold section

Well, mostly the part of wanting to break up large parts of their community, which affects nearly every Latinx person, 'illegal' or no.
Jun 15 2016 04:04pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 15 2016 04:01pm)

To be perfectly honest i dont remember much of what you personally say. im referencing statements that Trump has made, you seem to be securely in the Trump camp so you're getting lumped.

My overriding point is that while saying "racist" may not be factually accurate in some cases, saying "mexican isnt a race" ignores the fact that its offensive. Its a lazy retort, it ignores the fact that offensive rhetoric is being tossed around. If you're looking for specific things that Trump has said that have offended Latino people use google, at this point there is a library of it.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 15 2016 04:05pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 15 2016 05:25pm)
nobody is even wanting to remove Mexicans for being Mexican, it's removing Illegals for being illegal -- no matter their country of origin. Mexico is just where most Illegals are from due to geographical convenience

The real kicker was when Obama told Mexico to build a wall at its south border and was going to have the US pay for it.

What a racist!
Gold: 57.00
Jun 15 2016 04:11pm
Russia leaked the hacked files :o
Jun 15 2016 04:15pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 15 2016 02:04pm)
To be perfectly honest i dont remember much of what you personally say. im referencing statements that Trump has made, you seem to be securely in the Trump camp so you're getting lumped.

My overriding point is that while saying "racist" may not be factually accurate in some cases, saying "mexican isnt a race" ignores the fact that its offensive. Its a lazy retort, it ignores the fact that offensive rhetoric is being tossed around. If you're looking for specific things that Trump has said that have offended Latino people use google, at this point there is a library of it.

So what if someone takes offense to something?
You remind me of carl the cuck with making outlandish claims that ALL latinos are being offended by Trump but have absolutely no evidence to support it

/e for the record I am technically latino/hispanic

This post was edited by majorblood on Jun 15 2016 04:21pm
Jun 15 2016 04:20pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 15 2016 04:15pm)
So what if someone takes offense to something?
You remind me of carl the cuck with making outlandish claims that ALL latinos are behind offended by Trump but have absolutely no evidence to support it

you're missing the point. It doesnt matter if someone takes offense, thats fine and dandy. What matters is you argue with someone about why it should or shouldn't be offensive, not counter lazily with semantics and ignore the core issue. Every time someone utters the phrase "mexican isnt a race" their dodging the core issue, even if their semantic argument is correct. I detest semantic arguments.

as to the second i wouldnt ever claim all latinos are offended, not even as high of a percent as most seem to infer. I do think however that Trump will do historically bad among the latino community for a presidential election. I fully expect him to bring in worse number than anyone ever has in black, female, latino, and muslim communities.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 15 2016 04:21pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14464474484494503169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll