d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev143444546471036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Apr 13 2020 06:01am
Quote (excellence @ Apr 10 2020 09:30pm)
Trump spent three hours today fielding questions on the coronavirus with an acclaimed medical team, extending the presser by an hour on Good Friday

icepeon was busy worshipping Biden who was arguing with cornpop about leghair in some underground bunker like a coward.

he (icepeon) will then pretend again to be a religious conservative after spending the entire primary worshipping a human being :wacko:

You can't pretend to be a conservative after voting for trump though. You're a confirmed bootlicker at that point.

Quote (thundercock @ Apr 11 2020 03:36am)
Yes, Goomshill is a hypocrite because he believes all women now.

From no women to all women.

Biden basically invented rape.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 13 2020 06:02am
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 13 2020 08:14am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 10 2020 08:20pm)
rofl, no.

incumbency is always an advantage, but it can easily be offset by other factors, so that he's going into his reelection as an underdog. for example Bush Sr. in 92 when he was coming off of a recession, or Truman in 48.

its still nearly always true that an incumbent has the advantage, even in times of peril. people dont want to change leadership in times of unease. for every Bush Sr or Truman there's potuses who have won reelection amid recessions, wars, social unrest, and even whitehouse scandals. it CAN be offset, it just almost never is.
Apr 13 2020 12:35pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 13 2020 10:14am)
its still nearly always true that an incumbent has the advantage, even in times of peril. people dont want to change leadership in times of unease. for every Bush Sr or Truman there's potuses who have won reelection amid recessions, wars, social unrest, and even whitehouse scandals. it CAN be offset, it just almost never is.

DNC knows they got nothing. That's why they are running someone with no political future after this election. I bet Trump ROFLstomps Biden in the coming debates, unless they dig up the Biden that housed Paul Ryan many years ago.

The best talent in the Democratic party stayed out pretty much. Looking at Sherrod Brown here.
Gold: 12,730.67
Apr 13 2020 12:47pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 13 2020 11:35am)
DNC knows they got nothing. That's why they are running someone with no political future after this election. I bet Trump ROFLstomps Biden in the coming debates, unless they dig up the Biden that housed Paul Ryan many years ago.

The best talent in the Democratic party stayed out pretty much. Looking at Sherrod Brown here.

I mean, that's what the Bernie Bros said about Biden vs. Bernie 1v1 and Biden was fine. Biden does a lot better 1 v1 compared to the 10 person circus where you need to have the "line of the night" ready.
Gold: 4,921.71
Apr 13 2020 01:01pm
I truly think he’s less electable than Clinton. I know we are operating with bias but if you rewatch the debates Clinton had some cringe worthy moments (father being a Draper lmao) however she did “alright.”

Biden cannot string together 3 coherent sentences. At this point even if corona turns awful and economy/market tanks, I don’t see how Trump loses

This post was edited by Bazi on Apr 13 2020 01:02pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 13 2020 06:12pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 13 Apr 2020 16:14)

social unrest/unpopular wars/recessions also killed the presidencies of LBJ, Ford and Carter.

together with truman and bush sr, that's 5 incumbent presidents who were objectively the underdog in their reelection bid. in the case of LBJ, the situation was so dire that he didnt even run for reelection. and ford was only kept in by his party so he could serve as the fall guy for the inevitable post-watergate trouncing.

on top of that, Bush jr in 2004 and Obama in 2012 didnt go into their reelection as strong favorites despite being incumbents without a recession or immediate crisis.
Apr 13 2020 06:14pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 13 2020 08:12pm)
social unrest/unpopular wars/recessions also killed the presidencies of LBJ, Ford and Carter.

together with truman and bush sr, that's 5 incumbent presidents who were objectively the underdog in their reelection bid. in the case of LBJ, the situation was so dire that he didnt even run for reelection. and ford was only kept in by his party so he could serve as the fall guy for the inevitable post-watergate trouncing.

on top of that, Bush jr in 2004 and Obama in 2012 didnt go into their reelection as strong favorites despite being incumbents without a recession or immediate crisis.

Bush Jr and Obama were heavy favorites. Obama basically ran uncontested twice and the same dudes that reelected Bush will reelect Trump. Obama just lead the US economy out of recession and into growth we are enjoying today. Trump will probably leave it in the shitter like Bush did lol. But I guess that didn't really happen either, and Obama probably prolonged the recession, or whatever revision there is out there in the rhetoric now.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 13 2020 06:16pm
Apr 13 2020 06:27pm
Quote (Skinned @ 13 Apr 2020 20:35)

Sherrow Brown might have been a strategical choice by the party. Ohio is trending red and has proven to be a fairly "Trump-y" state. Giving up his blue Senate seat would have been a huge risk. If Trump wins Ohio against Brown in the general, that seat is definitely gone and might not be coming back anytime soon.

Imho, the long-term strategy of the Democratic party is crystal clear:
- they already have seized the House, and another Trump term will probably entrench their gains in the suburbs, make them persistent.
- in 2020, or at the latest in the 2022 midterms, they have a good chance to win back the Senate.
- after another Trump term, their candidate will almost surely be the favorite to win in 2024. then, he/she/zhe can work with a blue Congress and has a chance to actually get meaningful legislation done.

Quote (Bazi @ 13 Apr 2020 21:01)
I truly think he’s less electable than Clinton. I know we are operating with bias but if you rewatch the debates Clinton had some cringe worthy moments (father being a Draper lmao) however she did “alright.”

Biden cannot string together 3 coherent sentences. At this point even if corona turns awful and economy/market tanks, I don’t see how Trump loses

On traditional merits (wit, eloquence, executive experience, ability to lead the party behind the scenes), the Biden of 2020 might be a worse candidate than Clinton. But he's still much less toxic to the white working-class than she was, and he's generally having more appeal in rural places. And he hasnt embraced "woke" themes as much (yet?) as she did.

I'm more with thundercock on this one: based on Trump's own weakness and his mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic, I would - as of today - give even a relatively weak candidate like Biden a decent shot against him. If I had to assign numbers to it, I would say that as of today, Trump vs Biden is more or less a 50:50 race.
Apr 13 2020 06:29pm
Quote (Bazi @ Apr 13 2020 03:01pm)

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 13 2020 08:27pm)
Sherrow Brown might have been a strategical choice by the party. Ohio is trending red and has proven to be a fairly "Trump-y" state. Giving up his blue Senate seat would have been a huge risk. If Trump wins Ohio against Brown in the general, that seat is definitely gone and might not be coming back anytime soon.

Imho, the long-term strategy of the Democratic party is crystal clear:
- they already have seized the House, and another Trump term will probably entrench their gains in the suburbs, make them persistent.
- in 2020, or at the latest in the 2022 midterms, they have a good chance to win back the Senate.
- after another Trump term, their candidate will almost surely be the favorite to win in 2024. then, he/she/zhe can work with a blue Congress and has a chance to actually get meaningful legislation done.

On traditional merits (wit, eloquence, executive experience, ability to lead the party behind the scenes), the Biden of 2020 might be a worse candidate than Clinton. But he's still much less toxic to the white working-class than she was, and he's generally having more appeal in rural places. And he hasnt embraced "woke" themes as much (yet?) as she did.

I'm more with thundercock on this one: based on Trump's own weakness and his mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic, I would - as of today - give even a relatively weak candidate like Biden a decent shot against him. If I had to assign numbers to it, I would say that as of today, Trump vs Biden is more or less a 50:50 race.

Biden is more electable than Clinton because he he has a penis.

First woman president can't be a liberal. Won't happen. It will be a conservative Republican.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 13 2020 06:30pm
Apr 13 2020 06:35pm
Quote (Skinned @ 14 Apr 2020 02:29)
Biden is more electable than Clinton because he he has a penis.

First woman president can't be a liberal. Won't happen. It will be a conservative Republican.

Big disagree. The country was ready to elect a woman president in 2016 - it just didnt want this woman to be Hillary Clinton.

Keep in mind that Clinton would have been THE most unpopular presidential candidate in history if it wasnt for Trump. She had higher 'unfavorable' ratings than Barry Goldwater and George Wallace:
https://news.gallup.com/poll/197231/trump-clinton-finish-historically-poor-images.aspx
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev143444546471036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll