d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Got Questions About God? > #1 Can You Really Trust The Bible?
Prev1434445464778Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 27 2013 12:33pm
zeitgeist lol
Gold: 0.00
Apr 28 2013 06:44am
Let me put it to you like this. Have you ever watched or heard of a youtube video called Guitar tutor man? I'm sure the answer is no. That video doesn't even have 2000 views. I can easily go and shout to the world that Guitar tutor man doesn't exist on youtube and you can easily believe me.

Now have you ever watched or heard of a youtube video called PSY - Gangnam Style? Ofcourse you have as it has reached over 1.2 billion views, the other has over 11 million views. Now if I go and shout to the world that, Gangnam Style on youtube doesn't exist, no way I could get you all to believe me.

Using that logic, try to tell the world that there is no such thing as God. Look at all the claims not only in the Bible but when people share a personal experience with them and God.
Gold: 11,700.00
Apr 28 2013 06:59am
congratulation, you soon will reach the copy/paste proficiency of 'poulgaragr' :lol:

Quote (CPK001 @ 28 Apr 2013 12:44)
Using that logic, try to tell the world that there is no such thing as God. Look at all the claims not only in the Bible but when people share a personal experience with them and God.

why do you misuse the term 'logic' when you clearly do not comprehend what it means?

This post was edited by brmv on Apr 28 2013 06:59am
Gold: 2,285.00
Apr 28 2013 07:25am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 28 2013 08:44am)

Not quite the same thing. He is hypothetically acknowledging the existence of specific YouTube videos while rejecting the existence of others. If you tell the world that there is no such thing as YouTube videos, then at least the developed world will all think you're full of it.

If you tell the world that there is no such thing as a god, then most people won't believe you, sure. But if you tell people that there's no such thing as Yahweh, then 5 billion people will agree, since there are only 2 billion Christians in the world. If you tell people that there's no such thing as Allah, then 5.4 billion people will agree.

"The devil is in the details", I'm afraid.
Apr 28 2013 07:57am
Quote (brmv @ Apr 28 2013 10:59pm)
congratulation, you soon will reach the copy/paste proficiency of 'poulgaragr'  :lol:

why do you misuse the term 'logic' when you clearly do not comprehend what it means?

Then why don't you change the word logic and use your own word but keep the same question? Then at least you will be able to sleep at night.

Quote (bentherdonethat @ Apr 28 2013 11:25pm)
Not quite the same thing. He is hypothetically acknowledging the existence of specific YouTube videos while rejecting the existence of others. If you tell the world that there is no such thing as YouTube videos, then at least the developed world will all think you're full of it.

If you tell the world that there is no such thing as a god, then most people won't believe you, sure. But if you tell people that there's no such thing as Yahweh, then 5 billion people will agree, since there are only 2 billion Christians in the world. If you tell people that there's no such thing as Allah, then 5.4 billion people will agree.

"The devil is in the details", I'm afraid.

You're right in saying that if I tell the word there is no such thing as Yahweh, then 5 billion people will agree. However, if 2 billion people tell the world that there is such a God as Yahweh, + the billions of other people that have lived all through history then surely the 5 billion people will agree.

You can't dismiss the accounts of historical claims along with the claims of the here and now. The sheer number alone amounts to more than 5 billion. This is true because the population has been living their respective generation for more than 2000 years with roughly 100 years each. 20 generations telling the single generation of the here and now that there is such a God as yahweh.

Now try to claim that 5 billion people won't believe.
Gold: 11,700.00
Apr 28 2013 08:28am
Quote (CPK001 @ 28 Apr 2013 13:57)
Then why don't you change the word logic and use your own word but keep the same question? Then at least you will be able to sleep at night.
you don't need to worry, i'll be able to sleep soundly at night in the knowledge that your story and question are plain rubbish
...Now try to claim that 5 billion people won't believe.

not sure about 'bentherdonethat' but i certainly do not argue that so many people won't believe, actually i am pretty sure that there have been and are quite a lot of people who believe in one of the abrahamic versions of god. definitely not a british billion though but methinks you are referring to the american billion. but i do have to disappoint you, even a billion or more people can be wrong, so your argument is flawed: i sincerely hope that you are able to understand that
Gold: 2,285.00
Apr 28 2013 09:00am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 28 2013 09:57am)
You're right in saying that if I tell the word there is no such thing as Yahweh, then 5 billion people will agree. However, if 2 billion people tell the world that there is such a God as Yahweh, + the billions of other people that have lived all through history then surely the 5 billion people will agree.

You can't dismiss the accounts of historical claims along with the claims of the here and now. The sheer number alone amounts to more than 5 billion. This is true because the population has been living their respective generation for more than 2000 years with roughly 100 years each. 20 generations telling the single generation of the here and now that there is such a God as yahweh.

Now try to claim that 5 billion people won't believe.

You clearly didn't think this one through. If you're invoking people who lived in the past, then the people who believe in Yahweh will still be in the minority. And I don't have to claim that 5 billion people won't believe, because this scenario is already playing out right here on Earth. 5 billion people don't believe.
Gold: 1.00
Apr 28 2013 09:14am
to fight everyone all the time is certainly an accomplishment
Apr 28 2013 09:18am
Another great discussion arguing for/against faith.
Amazing.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 28 2013 09:37am
Quote (Fooba @ 28 Apr 2013 12:18)
Another great discussion arguing for/against faith.
Amazing.

blind faith = everlasting ignorance.
reasoned faith = moral growth.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1434445464778Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll