d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev14334344354364373169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9,164.33
Jun 9 2016 04:11pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 9 2016 02:10pm)
and it is YOUR opinion that someone's race/nationality constitutes as an unfair bias, it is the majority opinion that it does not. And it is not supported with precedence on your part. I'm not even sure you can substantiate personal dislike as a concrete reason for a judge to step down. How could any notorious criminals get a fair judge? How can notorious slimeballs? Or confessed terrorists?

Like i said, down that road likes the unraveling of our entire judicial system, which is built on qualified judges making decisions based on legal precedence rather than the personal bias you feel disqualifies him to make decisions that he shouldnt be basing decisions on.

it's not his race/nationality it's that he's apart of a group that wants to boycott trump and calls him racist, etc as I mentioned earlier.
do you think the least partial lawyer to judge Trump would be apart of a group that wants to boycott him? Are there not better Judges suited for this case?

This post was edited by majorblood on Jun 9 2016 04:15pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 9 2016 04:15pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 9 2016 04:11pm)
it's not his race/nationality it's that he's apart of a group that wants to boycott trump and calls him racist, etc as I mentioned earlier.

so guilt by association? another dirty road to walk down.

You're still referencing his personal views on unrelated topics to the case at hand. Use that same logic on personal feelings against anyone who is a notorious criminal. But why would that matter, no one cares if someone like Timmy Mcveigh gets a fair judge, just the Orange Demagogue right?

Those boycotts came as a result of Trumps national exposure, which means with the polarity of our current political climate most people are either for or against Trump, with a strong opinion about him. By your standard all unfit.

do you think the least partial lawyer to judge Trump would be apart of a group that wants to boycott him? Are there not better Judges suited for this case?

Of course there are better suited judges, and worse suited judges. Thats simply a logical use of numbers.

What matters is if he should be disqualified as a judge. Setting a precedent that you can bitch until you get a new judge because they don't like you is not a good precedent, plain and simple.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 9 2016 04:17pm
Jun 9 2016 04:24pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 9 2016 02:15pm)

You're still referencing his personal views on unrelated topics to the case at hand. Use that same logic on personal feelings against anyone who is a notorious criminal. But why would that matter, no one cares if someone like Timmy Mcveigh gets a fair judge, just the Orange Demagogue right?

Those boycotts came as a result of Trumps national exposure, which means with the polarity of our current political climate most people are either for or against Trump, with a strong opinion about him. By your standard all unfit.

guilty of what? it's about being impartial, not sentencing the judge of something. The topics aren't unrelated, the subject is Trump -- how is Trump unrelated to Trump?

Do you believe being apart of an association that supports illegal immigrants, wants to boycott trump, etc has absolutely no affect on the Judge's potential bias? How?

Of course there are better suited judges, and worse suited judges. Thats simply a logical use of numbers.

What matters is if he should be disqualified as a judge. Setting a precedent that you can bitch until you get a new judge because they don't like you is not a good precedent, plain and simple.

It seems to me you are agreeing the Judge may be bias now but just don't think that's important.

This post was edited by majorblood on Jun 9 2016 04:24pm
Jun 9 2016 04:27pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 9 2016 04:24pm)
guilty of what? it's about being impartial, not sentencing the judge of something. The topics aren't unrelated, the subject is Trump -- how is Trump unrelated to Trump?

Do you believe being apart of an association that supports illegal immigrants, wants to boycott trump, etc has absolutely no effect on the Judge's potential bias? How?

It seems to me you are agreeing the Judge may be bias now but just don't think that's important.

Everyone has biases, all judges have biases. Thats a plain fact. Those biases either do or do not disqualify them from presiding over cases. In this case i believe it does not.

If someone had a daughter who was raped they would still be able to preside over rape cases, even though logically their bias could result in unjustly harsh sentences if guilt is proven. But they aren't disqualified in cases like these because they make decisions from precedence and interpretation of the law as it applies to the case, they don't make wild random decisions based on their biases.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 9 2016 04:28pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 9 2016 04:31pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 9 2016 06:15pm)

Those personal views are some of the exact cases included in the law, you worthless ostrich.

In fact, the law only requires appearance of partiality.

Curiel has supported illegal aliens in a racist fashion for years.
Jun 9 2016 04:33pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 9 2016 04:31pm)
Those personal views are some of the exact cases included in the law, you worthless ostrich.

In fact, the law only requires appearance of partiality.

Curiel has supported illegal aliens in a racist fashion for years.

Resubmit in a coherent fashion, preferably with links so i can read someone elses writing rather than try to interpret yours.
Jun 9 2016 04:35pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 9 2016 02:27pm)
Everyone has biases, all judges have biases. Thats a plain fact. Those biases either do or do not disqualify them from presiding over cases. In this case i believe it does not.

If someone had a daughter who was raped they would still be able to preside over rape cases, even though logically their bias could result in unjustly harsh sentences if guilt is proven. But they aren't disqualified in cases like these because they make decisions from precedence and interpretation of the law as it applies to the case, they don't make wild random decisions based on their biases.

I don't think this is a reasonable stance here as there is a direct conflict of interest between the Judge and Trump and therefore it is reasonable to say this constitutes as the appearance of impropriety

(a) Any justice, judge, or magistrate of the United States shall
disqualify himself in any proceeding in which his impartiality
might reasonably be questioned.
Jun 9 2016 04:36pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 9 2016 06:33pm)
Resubmit in a coherent fashion, preferably with links so i can read someone elses writing rather than try to interpret yours.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/455

Since you're too retarded to google it, you literal invalid.
Jun 9 2016 05:09pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 9 2016 02:36pm)
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/455

Since you're too retarded to google it, you literal invalid.

but what about trump being a racist? oh what he's saying isn't racist? yeah but it's a dog whistle for racists...
Jun 9 2016 06:16pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 9 2016 07:09pm)
but what about trump being a racist? oh what he's saying isn't racist? yeah but it's a dog whistle for racists...

Liberals: No way Trump is getting the Hispanic vote with his comments about Mexico
Trump: This judge may be biased against me because of my comments about Mexico
Liberals: RRRAAAAAACCCCIIIISSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14334344354364373169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll