d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Forced Vaccinations For Children?
Prev1424344454647Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 678.00
Apr 29 2015 05:44am
Quote (Santara @ 29 Apr 2015 13:40)
OK, so unlike the US where dozens of vaccines are mandatory, you only have one mandatory vaccine? What problems is your country experiencing with the other diseases?

Practically none, because the vaccination rate is close to 100%. There is no anti-vaccine movement here, afaik.

But like I said, there have been cases of recurrences of diseases brought back into the country by for instance Dutch students.

Iirc, there also were some cases with measles and mumps with orthodox Jews a couple of years back (2008?).
Gold: 8,933.00
Apr 29 2015 05:47am
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Apr 29 2015 06:44am)
Practically none, because the vaccination rate is close to 100%. There is no anti-vaccine movement here, afaik.

But like I said, there have been cases of recurrences of diseases brought back into the country by for instance Dutch students.

Iirc, there also were some cases with measles and mumps with orthodox Jews a couple of years back (2008?).

In other words, nothing serious at all. Thanks for trying to understand.
Apr 29 2015 05:51am
Quote (Santara @ 29 Apr 2015 13:47)
In other words, nothing serious at all. Thanks for trying to understand.

Because of the high vaccination rate.

If people would start refusing to be vaccinated or denying their children to be vaccinated in larger numbers, we would have (more) serious problems.

Also, that depends on your definition of serious. A couple of hundred sick people that could've been prevented is pretty serious, imo.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 29 2015 06:15am
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ 29 Apr 2015 11:44)

I dun' need no vaxxin'. Our foundin' fathers din' have no vaxxin' neither. You callin' our foundin' fathers stoopid?
Gold: 11,407.33
Apr 29 2015 06:19am
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Apr 29 2015 07:36am)
I'm not a doctor or virologist.

But I'd say safe and reliable vaccines for diseases that are highly contagious and might cause severe disfunction or death.

http://www.kindengezin.be/img/Vacc20140630.pdf

These is the basic vaccine-schedule for children in Belgium. Only the polio-vaccine is legally mandatory, but the rest are recommended and provided for free (except the rota-virus for some reason).

I wouldn't mind all of these being mandatory.

Now its "i wouldn't mind" if they were mandatory in your own country instead of 'omg look how terrible this guy is, what a danger to humanity'?

Are you also of the opinion that every politician who doesn't support turning all of those into mandatory forced vaccines without non-allergy exemptions AND all of their supporters are a significant danger to society, 'solely' on that issue?

I'm glad you brought up your ignorance of the rota-virus vaccine in between proclaiming which healthcare decisions should be mandatory for everyone.
During an earlier rollout of the vaccine there were problems related to serious bowel obstructions in infants.
Its also more costly than other common vaccines.

Because of the high vaccination rate.

If people would start refusing to be vaccinated or denying their children to be vaccinated in larger numbers, we would have (more) serious problems.
Also, that depends on your definition of serious. A couple of hundred sick people that could've been prevented is pretty serious, imo.

A guy who is repeatedly saying how great vaccines are is not saying everyone should stop taking vaccines, nor is widespread non-vaccination on the horizon at all.
Unfounded fear mongering.
Apr 29 2015 06:30am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 29 Apr 2015 14:19)
Now its "i wouldn't mind" if they were mandatory in your own country instead of 'omg look how terrible this guy is, what a danger to humanity'?

Are you also of the opinion that every politician who doesn't support turning all of those into mandatory forced vaccines without non-allergy exemptions AND all of their supporters are a significant danger to society, 'solely' on that issue?

I'm glad you brought up your ignorance of the rota-virus vaccine in between proclaiming which healthcare decisions should be mandatory for everyone.
During an earlier rollout of the vaccine there were problems related to serious bowel obstructions in infants.
Its also more costly than other common vaccines.

A guy who is repeatedly saying how great vaccines are is not saying everyone should stop taking vaccines, nor is widespread non-vaccination on the horizon at all.
Unfounded fear mongering.

I wouldn't mind them being mandatory, no. But over here there is no great need to make them mandatory, because we don't have that many nutcases refusing to take the vaccines. But if that would become a problem here, then yes, I'd be greatly in favor of making many of those vaccines mandatory for everyone.

Probably the reason the rota-virus vaccine is not fully covered by our healthcare system. I was indeed unaware of that. Doesn't change my stance on essential mandatory vaccines:
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ 29 Apr 2015 13:36)
I'd say safe and reliable vaccines for diseases that are highly contagious and might cause severe disfunction or death.

He is talking about giving people the freedom to not be vaccinated against preventable disease (that did cost much human tragedy and death in the past, and only stopped because of widespread vaccination), based on what? An inherent dislike of 'big gubment'?

Yes, he is a danger.
Apr 29 2015 06:36am
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ 29 Apr 2015 12:30)
I wouldn't mind them being mandatory, no. But over here there is no great need to make them mandatory, because we don't have that many nutcases refusing to take the vaccines. But if that would become a problem here, then yes, I'd be greatly in favor of making many of those vaccines mandatory for everyone.

Probably the reason the rota-virus vaccine is not fully covered by our healthcare system. I was indeed unaware of that. Doesn't change my stance on essential mandatory vaccines:

He is talking about giving people the freedom to not be vaccinated against preventable disease (that did cost much human tragedy and death in the past, and only stopped because of widespread vaccination), based on what? An inherent dislike of 'big gubment'?

Yes, he is a danger.

He's a kook.

He thinks his right to do whatever he wants is more important than the safety of everyone else.

People like him should go live in the mountains somewhere... they obviously don't want to be a part of society.
Apr 29 2015 06:38am
No matter how much you guys hate freedom and Republicans a few opt outs are not a statistically significant threat to society, nor should everyone believe safety should always trump liberty.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Apr 29 2015 06:39am
Apr 29 2015 06:46am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 29 Apr 2015 12:38)
No matter how much you guys hate freedom and Republicans a few opt outs are not a statistically significant threat to society, nor should everyone believe safety should always trump liberty.

When we're talking about highly contagious and deadly diseases then yes. That's why we quarantine people who are ill. Their individual liberty means jack in the face of a potential epidemic. That you believe it doesn't shows just how dangerous people like you are.

Like I said - If you don't want to be part of society there are plenty of remote regions you can set up your tent or build your cabin. Being part of society means giving up certain individual liberties for the benefit of all.

This post was edited by Scaly on Apr 29 2015 06:48am
Apr 29 2015 06:55am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 29 2015 08:46am)
When we're talking about highly contagious and deadly diseases then yes. That's why we quarantine people who are ill. Their individual liberty means jack in the face of a potential epidemic. That you believe it doesn't shows just how dangerous people like you are.

Like I said - If you don't want to be part of society there are plenty of remote regions you can set up your tent or build your cabin. Being part of society means giving up certain individual liberties for the benefit of all.

There is a VERY significant difference between quarantining sick people who are an actual threat vs healthy members of the general population who pose extraordinarily little to no risk of spreading the disease at hand.

Calling them highly deadly diseases in our current health climate is a big lie at best.

People are quite capable of opposing mandatory vaccinations and coinciding with other human beings in a productive and relatively safe manner, but thanks for your paranoid non-concern and open hatred of liberty.
No being part of society does not necessarily mean giving up individual liberty.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Apr 29 2015 06:56am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1424344454647Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll