d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev14142434445443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 17 2018 07:15am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 17 2018 06:12am)
Yes, and we already went over this also. Those 65 women see the news, and have telephones. No LIST is required. But keep trying. LOL

A vouch list doesn't mean shit

every abuser and serial killer and general terrible person has a list of people that had no idea what they were up to outside of those interactions

and sometimes people fuck up and change their behavior

not once have I ever said he is guilty (yet) but your narratives are bullshit as they always are
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 17 2018 07:20am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 17 2018 08:14am)
What, no link.

If I post a link you'll just repost a Reuters link, so I thought you could handle it.

----

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-allegations-serious-but-not-solid/

Good article from David French... I agree with him. If there's no other accusers coming forward, and this woman doesn't have any more evidence, I say that's not good enough to deny his nomination.
Sep 17 2018 07:27am
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 17 2018 06:20am)
If I post a link you'll just repost a Reuters link, so I thought you could handle it.

----

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-allegations-serious-but-not-solid/

Good article from David French... I agree with him. If there's no other accusers coming forward, and this woman doesn't have any more evidence, I say that's not good enough to deny his nomination.

I dunno if they even have the votes right now

flake corker graham collins murkowski all potential no's until more information is out

they would have to go after red state vulnerable dems
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 17 2018 07:29am
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 17 2018 09:20am)

----

From your article... I agree with most of it, except for one thing...

Given the totality of the evidence, I believe it is more likely than not that Bill Clinton committed rape and sexual harassment. I believe it is more likely than not that Donald Trump has committed sexual assault. I believe it is more likely than not that Roy Moore engaged in sexual misconduct with underage girls. But the evidence against Kavanaugh falls far short of the evidence arrayed against each of these men. So far at least it falls far short of the evidence against virtually any other politician or celebrity who has faced consequences during this #MeToo moment. Here’s why:

First, one way to help test the veracity of old claims is to ask whether there is any contemporaneous corroboration. Did the accuser tell a friend or family member or anyone about the alleged assault when it occurred? With Clinton, Trump, Moore, and many other politicians and celebrities, there was ample contemporaneous corroboration. Here, there was not. According to the Washington Post, “Ford said she told no one of the incident in any detail until 2012, when she was in couples therapy with her husband.”

That’s almost three decades of silence — three decades when memories can grow cloudy and recollections can change.

But even the allegedly corroborating notes of the therapist raise a separate problem. They actually contradict her story on a key detail. According to the Post, “The notes say four boys were involved, a discrepancy that Ford says was an error on the therapist’s part. Ford said there were four boys at the party but only two in the room.” Nor do the notes mention Kavanaugh’s name, even though her husband says Ford named Kavanaugh in the sessions.

Those are important discrepancies, and if six years ago she told the therapist four men and says two men now, that suggests that her memory of the event may be suspect.

This could also be sleight of hand by the Dems. Like we'll allow Kavanaugh to proceed, but you must give us Trump in exchange. (As in the bolded part)

Ford has already contradicted herself, I'd toss it out. I don't believe her to begin with At least not the way she tells it.
Sep 17 2018 07:32am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 17 2018 06:29am)
From your article... I agree with most of it, except for one thing...

This could also be sleight of hand by the Dems. Like we'll allow Kavanaugh to proceed, but you must give us Trump in exchange. (As in the bolded part)

Ford has already contradicted herself, I'd toss it out. I don't believe her to begin with At least not the way she tells it

nobody cares what you believe

you're an inconsistent hack that disregards all evidence that leads anywhere other than your right wing narratives in EVERY thread you post within pard on EVERY subject you post about
Sep 17 2018 07:33am
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 17 2018 09:32am)
nobody cares what you believe

you're an inconsistent hack that disregards all evidence that leads anywhere other than your right wing narratives in EVERY thread you post within pard on EVERY subject you post about

In this case, which "evidence" would that be? Her numerous contradictions?

I didn't know about the contradiction in Ice's article, but I already posted about her major contradiction...

She claims she didn't know which house it was, how she got there, or who else was there... yet she remembers Kavanaugh. That must be so pretty special alcohol, that blacks you out except for the one thing you WISH you remembered.

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 17 2018 07:38am
Sep 17 2018 07:40am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 17 2018 06:33am)
In this case, which "evidence" would that be? Her numerous contradictions?

the point is that if old Polaroids surface showing Kav doing exactly what she says he did and you would 100% deny it

your opinion doesn't matter because you will never be willing to change it based on evidence

I find her account of something happening to her credible

I don't think she is making up the story of being held down and sexually assaulted with a hand over her mouth but if evidence shows her to be making it up I will change my position

you will not ever change your position

Sep 17 2018 07:44am
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 17 2018 09:40am)
the point is that if old Polaroids surface showing Kav doing exactly what she says he did and you would 100% deny it

your opinion doesn't matter because you will never be willing to change it based on evidence

I find her account of something happening to her credible

I don't think she is making up the story of being held down and sexually assaulted with a hand over her mouth but if evidence shows her to be making it up I will change my position

you will not ever change your position

Not if we could definitely tell who was in the pictures. Evidence is evidence. I'm sure you'd love to believe what you accuse me of Beo-ford. :/
But that doesn't make it true.

Fact is, that in this climate, I don't seriously allow much credibility to most of what the Dems say. the are "grabbing at straws". Hell' I can almost hear them slobbering from here.
I don't think Dems are bad, I just think they are at present acting very badly.

/e I mean right now even the Palestinians are acting with more honor that the Dems. They are dead set against losing any gains they have made though history, but even they won't stoop as low as the Dems seem to be doing.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-palestinians-protests/palestinian-ministry-rolls-back-statement-that-gaza-boy-was-killed-by-israeli-gunfire-idUSKCN1LX1GJ

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 17 2018 07:48am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 17 2018 07:44am
Just a tweet but...

Andrea Wolfson
‏ @andrea_wolfson

Andrea Wolfson Retweeted John Bresnahan

FWIW, a DC lawyer told me this morning he'd been waiting for Kavanaugh's #MeToo moment ... but the story he knew wasn't from high school but a summer clerkship.
Sep 17 2018 07:46am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 17 2018 06:44am)
Not if we could definitely tell who was in the pictures. Evidence is evidence. I'm sure you'd love to believe what you accuse me of Beo-ford. :/
But that doesn't make it true.

Fact is, that in this climate, I don't seriously allow much credibility to most of what the Dems say. the are "grabbing at straws". Hell' I can almost hear them slobbering from here.
I don't think Dems are bad, I just think they are at present acting very badly.

Everyone here has seen you deny video evidence if it doesn't fit your political narrative

and denying fucking guilty verdicts when it doesn't fit your political narrative

You attack the potential victim over and over and over while bitching about character assassination for bringing forward an accusation that so far does seem to hold a reasonable level of credibility
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14142434445443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll