d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Forced Vaccinations For Children?
Prev1414243444547Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 678.00
Apr 29 2015 05:22am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ 29 Apr 2015 13:20)
There is no "force" just a requirement that if a parent want's their child to attend public school, they must have the vaccines, there are other schooling options. This does follow up to State universities as well, they require UTD vaccinations before entrance just the same.

I'm arguing for mandatory essential vaccinations for the whole population. No exceptions, except verifiable medical conditions like allergies or some such.

Edit: and even then, something needs to be done for those individuals.

This post was edited by hATemOnkEy on Apr 29 2015 05:24am
Gold: 11,407.33
Apr 29 2015 05:22am
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Apr 29 2015 07:08am)
The whole point of vaccination is to immunize the population, not just the individual. By making essential vaccinations voluntary, you jeopardize that completely. Hence, the reason why formerly extinct diseases in the Western world are turning back up.
There have been cases here where Dutch students from the 'Dutch Bible Belt' where refusal of necessary vaccines is more common have infected Belgian students, who in turn brought the diseases back into the country. Think it was last year there was an outbreak of mumps in Gent, not much before that there were cases of measles turning back up. Which makes sense seeing that mumps, measles and rubella are often combined in a vaccine cocktail.

Never wondered why that is?

Also, I'd advise you to read up on herd immunity.

Vaccines are not anti-biotics.

I am well aware of herd immunity and I didnt say vaccines were anti-biotics. You are fallaciously assuming I just must not be aware of the situation rather than admitting you were wrong and addressing my points.
A small minority of people being allowed to opt out remains as not some great threat to society as you crazily suggested, even if once in a great while there is an outbreak.
We currently have no forced requirement for the whole population and its not a significant problem.

Quote (vh)
There is no "force" just a requirement that if a parent want's their child to attend public school, they must have the vaccines, there are other schooling options. This does follow up to State universities as well, they require UTD vaccinations before entrance just the same.

Thats one type of vaccine requirement that is less intrusive.
Not everyone in this thread is talking about a public school requirement only when they are insisting that every last person must be vaccinated or else.

e/ See look we already have one maniac who thinks differently:
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Apr 29 2015 07:22am)
I'm arguing for mandatory essential vaccinations for the whole population. No exceptions, except verifiable medical conditions like allergies or some such.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Apr 29 2015 05:24am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 29 2015 05:26am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ 29 Apr 2015 11:20)
Scaly now sets the scale for what makes an "honest" Christian? Bad troll Bad :lol:

The bible is the Christian handbook. Either you believe what it says or you don't. If you don't then you're not a christian.
Gold: 8,933.00
Apr 29 2015 05:26am
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Apr 29 2015 06:22am)

Define essential in this context.
Apr 29 2015 05:28am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 29 Apr 2015 13:22)
I am well aware of herd immunity and I didnt say vaccines were anti-biotics. You are fallaciously assuming I just must not be aware of the situation rather than admitting you were wrong and addressing my points.
A small minority of people being allowed to opt out remains as not some great threat to society as you crazily suggested, even if once in a great while there is an outbreak.
We currently have no forced requirement for the whole population and its not a significant problem.

Thats one type of vaccine requirement that is less intrusive.
Not everyone in this thread is talking about a public school requirement only when they are insisting that every last person must be vaccinated or else.

e/ See look we already have one maniac who thinks differently:

What points did I miss? The equation of mandatory vaccines with state violence and ultimately genocide? Yeah, that sounds completely insane.

There would be even less of a problem with outbreaks if everyone were to be vaccinated. The fact that you just dismiss preventable diseases reoccuring in the population seems extremely callous to me.

Also, you brought up antibiotic-resistant 'superbugs', not me.
Gold: 11,407.33
Apr 29 2015 05:31am
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Apr 29 2015 07:28am)
What points did I miss? The equation of mandatory vaccines with state violence and ultimately genocide? Yeah, that sounds completely insane.

There would be even less of a problem with outbreaks if everyone were to be vaccinated. The fact that you just dismiss preventable diseases reoccuring in the population seems extremely callous to me.

Also, you brought up antibiotic-resistant 'superbugs', not me.

The point about a few opt outs not being a significant threat to humanity, with incredibly small rates of occurrences and death despite your ridiculous assertion to the contrary.
Gold: 0.76
Apr 29 2015 05:32am
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ 29 Apr 2015 06:22)

Most of the citizens in the US who aren't school aged, are vaccinated, the struggle that is being debated is vaccinating children. I really think drawing adults into the picture ( at least here in the US.) would be a moot point. And by requiring public school attendees to receive the vaccines you would ensure enough of the population was vaccinated to curb any outbreak.
Apr 29 2015 05:36am
Quote (Santara @ 29 Apr 2015 13:26)
Define essential in this context.

I'm not a doctor or virologist.

But I'd say safe and reliable vaccines for diseases that are highly contagious and might cause severe disfunction or death.

http://www.kindengezin.be/img/Vacc20140630.pdf

These is the basic vaccine-schedule for children in Belgium. Only the polio-vaccine is legally mandatory, but the rest are recommended and provided for free (except the rota-virus for some reason).

I wouldn't mind all of these being mandatory.
Gold: 8,933.00
Apr 29 2015 05:40am
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Apr 29 2015 06:36am)
I'm not a doctor or virologist.

But I'd say safe and reliable vaccines for diseases that are highly contagious and might cause severe disfunction or death.

http://www.kindengezin.be/img/Vacc20140630.pdf

These is the basic vaccine-schedule for children in Belgium. Only the polio-vaccine is legally mandatory, but the rest are recommended and provided for free (except the rota-virus for some reason).

I wouldn't mind all of these being mandatory.

OK, so unlike the US where dozens of vaccines are mandatory, you only have one mandatory vaccine? What problems is your country experiencing with the other diseases?
Apr 29 2015 05:41am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 29 Apr 2015 13:31)
The point about a few opt outs not being a significant threat to humanity, with incredibly small rates of occurrences and death despite your ridiculous assertion to the contrary.

350 new cases of mumps in one month in Gent last year where usually there are 0 (zero) for years, if not decades. All of them preventable.
Brought over from students from a country with less stringent vaccine distribution/larger groups of people refusing to get vaccinated.

I'm not even saying death is the only concern. These are highly contagious diseases that can cause large discomfort and disfunction. And they are easily preventable.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1414243444547Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll