d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1409410411412413983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 14,569.69
May 22 2020 08:45am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ May 22 2020 07:41am)
Very lacking in granularity.
The shaded regions are very sloppy. According to this chart, Obama took over from Bush at the end of February or even March of 2009, while Trump is correctly indicated to have taken over from Obama at the beginning of January 2017.
The chart is showing "seasonally adjusted" growth, but what this means/which exact methodology is behind this adjustment is nowhere to be found, neither in the caption of the graphic itself or nor anywhere in the article.

So that linear upward trend is irrelevant because some of the month's number are generalized?
and he used the years he states, to discuss exactly your point of "it's easy to come out of a recession(paraphrase)
Again my entire point was to Endless "Obama did nothing to help the economy"

This post was edited by theCrossbones on May 22 2020 08:51am
Gold: 390.00
Quote (Ghot @ May 22 2020 10:40am)
Nothing the US does, is affecting decisions that China has been making with regards to the South China Sea, the building of aircraft carriers or the acquisition of countries close enough to the EU and the US to act as leap off points for a military endeavor.
You can refuse to see the forest for the trees, but don't blame Trump or me, for your refusal to see the obvious.

if you think that china's rise isnt due to corporations shipping jobs over there where there was minimal protections instead of working with gov to come up with incentives to manufacture at home, you are wrong. for over 20 years these investments were pouring into china which accelerated its growth and because they are forward thinking, everyone else is going to pay the price.

why are you arguing with me when i am agreeing with you on china's rise and need to be placed in check? the problem is that cronyism runs western societies that they can just pay people off and nothing will happen.
Gold: 4,404.67
Quote (theCrossbones @ 22 May 2020 16:34)

Oh, ok, thanks for pointing this out. See, this is the reason why it would have been helpful if you had included the link to the article you were talking about from the get go. ;)

I can live with the explanation he gives for using Obama's last 29 months in office. Gotta admit that.
The rest of my criticism still stands though.
Gold: 285.00
May 22 2020 08:48am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 22 2020 10:20am)
You responded to a comment about Omar's autobiography being fictitious by saying that Trump lies. I then said two wrongs don't make a right. Then you said I was defending Trump, when what I said implicitly called Trump a liar. You're making fuck all sense.
Its like folks are completely incapable of processing scandals in 2020 without contextualizing it through a Trump filter, whether as a comparison or whataboutism to deflect or whatever else. And that filter is going haywire.

I'll agree that Omarr's star is bigger than it should be.

I'll drink some coffee and come back. See if i make sense then.

Trump kind of makes these scandals obsolete and meaningless though. Like why does it matter now because its her sort of thing.

This post was edited by Skinned on May 22 2020 08:51am
May 22 2020 08:51am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ May 22 2020 07:45am)
Oh, ok, thanks for pointing this out. See, this is the reason why it would have been helpful if you had included the link to the article you were talking about from the get go. ;)

I can live with the explanation he gives for using Obama's last 29 months in office. Gotta admit that.
The rest of my criticism still stands though.

:thumbsup:
Gold: 10,485.00
May 22 2020 08:53am
Quote (Budgeting @ May 22 2020 10:45am)
if you think that china's rise isnt due to corporations shipping jobs over there where there was minimal protections instead of working with gov to come up with incentives to manufacture at home, you are wrong. for over 20 years these investments were pouring into china which accelerated its growth and because they are forward thinking, everyone else is going to pay the price.

why are you arguing with me when i am agreeing with you on china's rise and need to be placed in check? the problem is that cronyism runs western societies that they can just pay people off and nothing will happen.

Let me know when we are discussing the same thing. The points I made, have nothing to do with economics. This is about possible military actions by China.
Which ofc, is a damn GOOD reason for the US to tear up the Open Skies treaty.

IF we ever have to react militarily to something China does... we can't really have 38 other countries allowed to make flyover reconnaissance flights of the US , now can we? Quite a few of those other countries might be sympathetic towards China and it's... plans.

/e Or may be "forced" by China, to be sympathetic to China's... plans.

/ee I really hope we don't have a WWIII. But if we do, it'll necessarily be called World War Thlee.

This post was edited by Ghot on May 22 2020 09:01am
May 22 2020 09:52am
Quote (Ghot @ May 22 2020 07:53am)
Let me know when we are discussing the same thing. The points I made, have nothing to do with economics. This is about possible military actions by China.

IF we ever have to react militarily to something China does... we can't really have 38 other countries allowed to make flyover reconnaissance flights of the US , now can we? Quite a few of those other countries might be sympathetic towards China and it's... plans.

/ee I really hope we don't have a WWIII. But if we do, it'll necessarily be called World War Thlee.

If we really have WW3 don’t worry about all this you will be nuclear slag
Gold: 390.00
May 22 2020 10:33am
Quote (Ghot @ May 22 2020 10:53am)

but it does have everything to do with economics man, china is only where it is today because corporations went through to invest in that country, bringing china to its capabilities today. The wealth transfer was directly out of local pockets to china. Do you not think that a country's capacity for war and machines of war also comes from the ability to thrive economically? the western world and everyone looking to exploit china for cheap manufacturing is responsible for investments and aggressive growth in their infrastructure.

now that china has been handed that wealth what do you expect them to do? The USA does the same thing. The military complex to protect national security but also to secure resources and pose influence. China wants to be able to do the same and is doing it. The problem is the west is too busy fighting themselves to notice that they are part of the ones who created the problem.....
Gold: 10,485.00
May 22 2020 10:38am
Quote (Budgeting @ May 22 2020 12:33pm)
but it does have everything to do with economics man, china is only where it is today because corporations went through to invest in that country, bringing china to its capabilities today. The wealth transfer was directly out of local pockets to china. Do you not think that a country's capacity for war and machines of war also comes from the ability to thrive economically? the western world and everyone looking to exploit china for cheap manufacturing is responsible for investments and aggressive growth in their infrastructure.

now that china has been handed that wealth what do you expect them to do? The USA does the same thing. The military complex to protect national security but also to secure resources and pose influence. China wants to be able to do the same and is doing it. The problem is the west is too busy fighting themselves to notice that they are part of the ones who created the problem.....

No. China wants to rule the world. Big difference. This isn't about influence, it's about total control.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 22 2020 10:39am
Quote (Ghot @ 22 May 2020 18:38)
No. China wants to rule the world. Big difference. This isn't about influence, it's about total control.

Same for US but this time is over. China is the new threat. China is worse.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1409410411412413983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll