d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1404142434463Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,532.01
Sep 11 2015 06:34am
Quote (Scaly @ Sep 11 2015 01:42am)
Yea... not just closed... actually hidden lol.

Mods are hilarious sometimes.

Is this about the 'How to get to hell' topic? They removed it altogether? Who are these mods? :rofl:
Gold: 0.00
Sep 11 2015 09:34pm
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Sep 11 2015 10:34pm)
Is this about the 'How to get to hell' topic? They removed it altogether? Who are these mods? :rofl:

They're Christian mods obviously.
Gold: 186.16
Sep 15 2015 03:17pm
Good! Let the Gospel go out to the world and save those who are willing to believe and accept it.
Gold: 2,195.46
Sep 15 2015 04:15pm
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Sep 11 2015 07:34am)

see

Quote (Jupe @ Aug 26 2015 08:17pm)
this is a christian forum btw

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Sep 16 2015 01:28am
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ 16 Sep 2015 00:17)
Good! Let the Gospel go out to the world and save those who are willing to believe and accept it.

what about the rest of us who don't want to be 'saved' ? aka forced into bullsh*t ? why do you ignore us ? didn't jesus tell you to love us ?

This post was edited by the_rest on Sep 16 2015 01:49am
Sep 16 2015 03:35am
Quote (the_rest @ Sep 16 2015 05:28pm)
what about the rest of us who don't want to be 'saved' ? aka forced into bullsh*t ? why do you ignore us ? didn't jesus tell you to love us ?

You say you 'don't want to be saved' yet you also say that Jesus told us to love one another.

If your friend was heading towards danger wouldn't you, as a friend, tell him and warn him before it is too late? If he decides to ignore your warnings then that is upon himself. You are not responsible if he decides to ignore your warning.
Gold: 6,061.70
Sep 16 2015 03:47am
Quote (CPK001 @ Sep 16 2015 02:35am)
You say you 'don't want to be saved' yet you also say that Jesus told us to love one another.

If your friend was heading towards danger wouldn't you, as a friend, tell him and warn him before it is too late? If he decides to ignore your warnings then that is upon himself. You are not responsible if he decides to ignore your warning.

Real, provable danger? Sure. "There's a car coming, don't step off the sidewalk." "Your penchant to read only bad news has been depressing you, depression is unhealthy. Read a few positive news articles every now and then."

However, when you start talking about trying to force your religion on them, you aren't warning them of any provable danger. You're attempting to convert them to your faith. And if your faith is wrong, guess what? You've potentially steered them into danger.

"Don't shove your shit in my face, I won't shove mine in yours" is a very good rule to go by. If people open the debate about religion, then they've opened it, now you can share. Attempting to push your belief merely makes you out as an ass. Attempting to force your belief in the "Believe what I tell you or burn in agony for eternity!" threat is just manipulating a person, attempting to make them fear something that you can't prove exists (a hell), and then tell them they're going there if they don't mimic you.

It's not a great way to win converts from people who don't live their life like it's some big fairy tale.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Sep 16 2015 04:28am
what danger are we talking about ? there is no hell. there is no heaven, either. Jesus lived 2000 years ago. When he was brought to Pilatus and Herod he had the chance to proove himself, but he said nothing. He was powerless in front of true wise men, not stupid peasants

This post was edited by the_rest on Sep 16 2015 04:29am
Sep 16 2015 04:38am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 16 2015 07:47pm)
Real, provable danger? Sure. "There's a car coming, don't step off the sidewalk." "Your penchant to read only bad news has been depressing you, depression is unhealthy. Read a few positive news articles every now and then."

However, when you start talking about trying to force your religion on them, you aren't warning them of any provable danger. You're attempting to convert them to your faith. And if your faith is wrong, guess what? You've potentially steered them into danger.

"Don't shove your shit in my face, I won't shove mine in yours" is a very good rule to go by. If people open the debate about religion, then they've opened it, now you can share. Attempting to push your belief merely makes you out as an ass. Attempting to force your belief in the "Believe what I tell you or burn in agony for eternity!" threat is just manipulating a person, attempting to make them fear something that you can't prove exists (a hell), and then tell them they're going there if they don't mimic you.

It's not a great way to win converts from people who don't live their life like it's some big fairy tale.

How about if you die and haven't given your life to the Lord Jesus Christ then you are going to Hell? I will be direct and confronting and I will make sure that is what you hear.

I will also make sure you hear that you cannot save yourself and you are a fool if you think that there is any other way that does not include Jesus.

I will also let it be known to you that your future will be 6 feet under the ground with nothing but a tombstone with a mere 16 numbers that will define your existence- your birth date and your death date.
Gold: 1,532.01
Sep 16 2015 05:16am
Quote (CPK001 @ Sep 16 2015 11:38am)
How about if you die and haven't given your life to the Lord Jesus Christ then you are going to Hell? I will be direct and confronting and I will make sure that is what you hear.

I will also make sure you hear that you cannot save yourself and you are a fool if you think that there is any other way that does not include Jesus.

I will also let it be known to you that your future will be 6 feet under the ground with nothing but a tombstone with a mere 16 numbers that will define your existence- your birth date and your death date.

You really love the 16 numbers theory don't you :lol: Not all of us have such an inferiority complex, and many of us will accomplish things in this life you would never dream about since you're so busy preaching your bullshit about your imaginary friend.

Let me ask you: how utterly gutted would you be if you found out on your deathbed that you had wasted your life worshiping a non-existent deity? You'll undoubtedly dodge the question and turn it around on me, but before you do, ask yourself: what shred of evidence do you have that your god, out of the thousands of this world, is the 'correct' one, if any?

Staggers me that people can act so righteously :rolleyes:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1404142434463Next
Closed New Topic New Poll