d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Forced Vaccinations For Children?
Prev1404142434447Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 678.00
Apr 29 2015 04:24am
Quote (Scaly @ 29 Apr 2015 12:23)
But how does your theory of evolution explain abiogenesis?

Huh?

Checkmate atheist.

I know you're trolling, but seriously...
Gold: 0.00
Apr 29 2015 04:37am
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ 29 Apr 2015 10:24)
I know you're trolling, but seriously...

Natural selection makes no sense. It's all based on circular reasoning - the fittest are those who survive, and those who survive are deemed fittest. When you can come up with a theory that isn't so logically fallacious then maybe I'll agree with it. Can you?

Huh?

Checkmate Atheist.
Apr 29 2015 04:45am
I think I could make a lot of money on the creationist circuit tbh...

Giving talks and reaffirming people's delusions.

Also I'm British so that accent alone should give me a good advantage.

This post was edited by Scaly on Apr 29 2015 04:45am
Apr 29 2015 04:47am
Quote (Scaly @ 29 Apr 2015 12:37)
Natural selection makes no sense. It's all based on circular reasoning - the fittest are those who survive, and those who survive are deemed fittest. When you can come up with a theory that isn't so logically fallacious then maybe I'll agree with it. Can you?

Huh?

Checkmate Atheist.

Truly fascinating.

I wonder though where did the equation of accepting evolution with atheism come from?
Apr 29 2015 04:50am
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ 29 Apr 2015 10:47)
Truly fascinating.

I wonder though where did the equation of accepting evolution with atheism come from?

I think it comes from the realisation that if you accept evolution to be true you can't believe in the literal Christian bible. It's a kind of pushback against the bastardisation of the Christian religion by those who are willing to pervert it in order for it to stay relevant. If you accept evolution and you're a Christian then you're either dishonest or you just don't know your bible that well.

This post was edited by Scaly on Apr 29 2015 04:51am
Gold: 11,407.33
Apr 29 2015 04:54am
Hes not quite overwhelmingly in favor of vaccines as much as some people zealots would like despite saying over and over how useful and good he thinks some vaccines are and that he sees value in convincing people they are worthwhile.
Truly ridiculous.

Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Apr 29 2015 06:05am)
It is a theory.

There's no 'just' about it.

This man and anyone that supports him is a danger to society, solely on this issue.

Essential vaccines (measles, rubella, smallpox, polio, ...) should be mandatory for anyone and everyone.

To the contrary its disgusting people like you who are the threat to humanity who support unlimited power for government including forced medical treatments for everyone that can have adverse reactions and would require many more expansions of power and intrusions in our life to enforce.
Its this type of fear mongering and cowardice that leads to oppression and genocide.
A very small minority of people who opt out or delay certain vaccines is not a massive public health threat. The chances of contracting various illnesses at hand are extraordinarily low and the chance of dying from them is microscopic, especially when you keep it limited to that small minority by convincing people to voluntarily take certain vaccines.
Most of the cases that do occur are linked to people from outside the country: Refugees from Burma, adopted Chinese children, etc.

A far more serious threat than 0 Americans dying in the last ~10 years from measles is literally anything else you can think of, including furniture, popcorn and sharks, but most noteworthy to this thread would be anti-biotic resistant superbugs stemming from the overuse and over-prescription of drugs.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Apr 29 2015 04:56am
Gold: 25,572.34
Apr 29 2015 05:00am
I think people should be less worried about the rights of parents to make bad decisions for their children and more worried about the rights of children to not have shitty parents.
Apr 29 2015 05:08am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 29 Apr 2015 12:54)
Hes not quite overwhelmingly in favor of vaccines as much as some people zealots would like despite saying over and over how useful and good he thinks some vaccines are and that he sees value in convincing people they are worthwhile.
Truly ridiculous.

To the contrary its disgusting people like you who are the threat to humanity who support unlimited power for government including forced medical treatments for everyone that can have adverse reactions and would require many more expansions of power and intrusions in our life to enforce.
Its this type of fear mongering and cowardice that leads to oppression and genocide.
A very small minority of people who opt out or delay certain vaccines is not a massive public health threat. The chances of contracting various illnesses at hand are extraordinarily low and the chance of dying from them is microscopic, especially when you keep it limited to that small minority by convincing people to voluntarily take certain vaccines.
Most of the cases that do occur are linked to people from outside the country: Refugees from Burma, adopted Chinese children, etc.

A far more serious threat than 0 Americans dying in the last ~10 years from measles is literally anything else you can think of, including furniture, popcorn and sharks, but most noteworthy to this thread would be anti-biotic resistant superbugs stemming from the overuse and over-prescription of drugs.

The whole point of vaccination is to immunize the population, not just the individual. By making essential vaccinations voluntary, you jeopardize that completely. Hence, the reason why formerly extinct diseases in the Western world are turning back up.
There have been cases here where Dutch students from the 'Dutch Bible Belt' where refusal of necessary vaccines is more common have infected Belgian students, who in turn brought the diseases back into the country. Think it was last year there was an outbreak of mumps in Gent, not much before that there were cases of measles turning back up. Which makes sense seeing that mumps, measles and rubella are often combined in a vaccine cocktail.

Never wondered why that is?

Also, I'd advise you to read up on herd immunity.

Vaccines are not anti-biotics.

Apr 29 2015 05:14am
I disagree with you therefore you are disgusting. This supports my position to the point that it is inarguable.
Gold: 0.76
Apr 29 2015 05:20am
Quote (Scaly @ 29 Apr 2015 05:50)
I think it comes from the realisation that if you accept evolution to be true you can't believe in the literal Christian bible. It's a kind of pushback against the bastardisation of the Christian religion by those who are willing to pervert it in order for it to stay relevant. If you accept evolution and you're a Christian then you're either dishonest or you just don't know your bible that well.

Scaly now sets the scale for what makes an "honest" Christian? Bad troll Bad :lol:

Quote (cambovenzi @ 29 Apr 2015 05:54)
Truly ridiculous.

There is no "force" just a requirement that if a parent want's their child to attend public school, they must have the vaccines, there are other schooling options. This does follow up to State universities as well, they require UTD vaccinations before entrance just the same.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1404142434447Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll