d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1408409410411412983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22,164.69
May 22 2020 08:20am
Quote (Skinned @ May 22 2020 08:43am)
I said politicians telll lies and you start talking about trump's batting average.
Nobody cares about general bonespur's batting average or the fact he has never told a lie.
I'm not saying buy her book either I'm not sure what right i am defending. I never said other politicians are liars so buy her book lol.
If i was going to do whataboutism i would say something about novels being less important than tax releases so i don't think you really care about what is important or real.

You responded to a comment about Omar's autobiography being fictitious by saying that Trump lies. I then said two wrongs don't make a right. Then you said I was defending Trump, when what I said implicitly called Trump a liar. You're making fuck all sense.
Its like folks are completely incapable of processing scandals in 2020 without contextualizing it through a Trump filter, whether as a comparison or whataboutism to deflect or whatever else. And that filter is going haywire.
Gold: 4,404.67
May 22 2020 08:22am
Quote (theCrossbones @ 22 May 2020 16:03)
so FORBES is biased? Its source is:
U.S. private sector employment GRAPH COURTESY OF JOEL D. SHORE, BASED ON EMPLOYMENT DATA FROM THE U.S. BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS

same source as yours

Dude, look at the god-awful chart you linked:

Are you seriously expecting me to take whateverthehellthisis seriously?
Furthermore, the argument in the underlying forbes article that you were too lazy to link ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/07/05/trump-is-falling-almost-1-million-jobs-short-vs-obama/ ) misses several key points:

- it was comparing all of the Trump presidency up until the time of its publication with the best months (economy-wise) of the Obama presidency
- adding jobs is easier coming out of a recession than during an already very mature point in the economic cycle (which is where Trump took over)
- the whole world economy was slowing down (slightly) in 2019

To add insult to injury, the shitty graph is showing private sector job growth while the article talks about a mix of total and private job growth. It's an incoherent mess and more of an opinion piece than a credible analysis. I'm honestly surprised that such a low quality piece was published in a reputable magazine like Forbes.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on May 22 2020 08:26am
Gold: 2,617.52
May 22 2020 08:23am
Quote (Budgeting @ May 22 2020 09:58am)
Considering I was using the 2 criteria that trump uses as a basis for his performance, i think you are the one living in fairyland lol....trump was destined to be a failure from day 1. why? because trump's inherent corrupt nature would always get the better of him.

trump university - sued and paid 25 million
trump charities - sued and paid millions with an admission of wrongdoing from trump himself.
trump businesses - 90% fail rate

why does he keep having to get bailed out by foreign countries? no US bank loans to him because he doesnt pay back....and this is not a pattern that concerns you?

Trump businesses have a 95% success rate, which is unheard of in the business world. Most businesses fail.

It should concern banks, not me.
Gold: 14,569.69
May 22 2020 08:25am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ May 22 2020 07:22am)

https://i.imgur.com/39yIwm0.png

Furthermore, the argument in the underlying forbes article that you were too lazy to link ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/07/05/trump-is-falling-almost-1-million-jobs-short-vs-obama/ ) misses several key points:

- it was comparing all of the Trump presidency up until the time of its publication with the best months (economy-wise) of the Obama presidency
- adding jobs is easier coming out of a recession than during an already very mature point in the economy cycle (which is where Trump took over)

what god awful.. my stupid paint adds? I already asked you to forgive my opinion on them.. the bottom of the graph shows the source.. Read all of what i said don't just cherry pick it. your 4058 post is literally somebody else using DOL #'s so your saying your source interpretation is more valid than FORBES source of interpretation? You realize the paint add is me right?
The author talks about why he selected those years.. Its easy to link the article.. "lazy" ffs
Its easy.. to take over an economy that has been corrected years before and not "fuck it up" there are two sides of that coin.. your jumping in on my argument with endless where he claims obama did nothing for it..

This post was edited by theCrossbones on May 22 2020 08:29am
Gold: 390.00
May 22 2020 08:26am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ May 22 2020 10:22am)

https://i.imgur.com/39yIwm0.png

- adding jobs is easier coming out of a recession than during an already very mature point in the economic cycle (which is where Trump took over)

LOL WHAT.......................adding jobs in a recession is not easier than doing it during expansion.

Recession means low investment, growth plans stall, consolidation of businesses which means more layoffs....................there is a reason why a recession is hard to get out of and requires a stimulus - normally in the form of gov spending to create those jobs. To say that adding jobs is harder in an expansionary phase when businesses have the ability and outlook to for growth is just completely wrong man.
Gold: 390.00
May 22 2020 08:27am
Quote (EndlessSky @ May 22 2020 10:23am)
Trump businesses have a 95% success rate, which is unheard of in the business world. Most businesses fail.

It should concern banks, not me.

trumps businesses do not have a 95% success rate...........but hey, an easy way to verify this info would be for him to release his tax returns.
May 22 2020 08:31am
Quote (theCrossbones @ 22 May 2020 16:25)
what god awful.. my stupid paint adds? I already asked you to forgive my opinion on them.. the bottom of the graph shows the source.. Read all of what i said don't just cherry pick it.

I am not referring to your paint captions, these dont bother me. I'm talking about the extremely poor quality of the graph itself, as it's shown in the forbes article.

The author talks about why he selected those years..

Where? I've read the entire article and didnt find any discussion/explanation for why the author used these specific 29 months of Obama's presidency.
Gold: 14,569.69
May 22 2020 08:34am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ May 22 2020 07:31am)
I am not referring to your paint captions, these dont bother me. I'm talking about the extremely poor quality of the graph itself, as it's shown in the forbes article.

Where? I've read the entire article and didnt find any discussion/explanation for why the author used these specific 29 months of Obama's presidency.

Please explain why its of poor quality?
the graph is obviously used in two FORBES articles. Here is the one i was reading.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/02/07/obamas-last-three-years-of-job-growth-all-beat-trumps-best-year/#179054286ba6

This post was edited by theCrossbones on May 22 2020 08:37am
Gold: 10,485.00
May 22 2020 08:40am
Quote (Budgeting @ May 22 2020 10:18am)
china has been able to do this because of shitty gov. this stems from cronyism and big corps owning govs. i dont disagree with you at all that china has been making these moves for years - but to act as if this wasn't enabled by the western society is quite idiotic. trump is part of the same group of people.

second - to my point, your other friend endlesssky cried about regulation and policies to protect - now, if those were in place and there was more incentive to manufacture at home, china would never have become this strong as it is today. the problem is the inherent greed that is rampant throughout "western civilization". China was able to capitalize on this. This hasn't just been for the last 5-10 years, its been the last 20-30 years.

Nothing the US does, is affecting decisions that China has been making with regards to the South China Sea, the building of aircraft carriers or the acquisition of countries close enough to the EU and the US to act as leap off points for a military endeavor.
You can refuse to see the forest for the trees, but don't blame Trump or me, for your refusal to see the obvious.
May 22 2020 08:41am
Quote (theCrossbones @ 22 May 2020 16:34)
Please explain why its of poor quality?

Very lacking in granularity.
The shaded regions are very sloppy. According to this chart, Obama took over from Bush at the end of February or even March of 2009, while Trump is correctly indicated to have taken over from Obama at the beginning of January 2017.
The chart is showing "seasonally adjusted" growth, but what this means/which exact methodology is behind this adjustment is nowhere to be found, neither in the caption of the graphic itself or nor anywhere in the article.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on May 22 2020 08:42am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1408409410411412983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll