d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev13940414243443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Sep 17 2018 12:43am
Quote (IchBinDaddy @ Sep 17 2018 12:40am)
Good ol mud slinging

I mean, that happens, but it's not illegal.
Gold: 14,949.00
Sep 17 2018 12:46am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 17 2018 01:43am)
I mean, that happens, but it's not illegal.

Not at all illegal.
Methinks conservatives are more snowflakey than libs.
They get so butthurt.
See Ghot for examples.
Gold: 21.93
Sep 17 2018 12:55am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 17 2018 05:26pm)
Character assassination. Bro, is there something wrong with your ability to read. I've posted all this already.
Others have posted further evidence. You can keep repeating things over and over, but it won't change things.

Should you not have impeccable character to sit on the supreme court?
As far as i am concerned everything should be out in the open.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 17 2018 05:51am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Sep 17 2018 02:55am)
Should you not have impeccable character to sit on the supreme court?
As far as i am concerned everything should be out in the open.

Yes you should have impeccable character. And, as it's already been posted... 6 FBI vettings, 1300 questions over 3 days, etc., etc., etc.
This isn't mudslinging, this is character assassination, slander etc.

The demas have already gone through the mudslinging phase, ad nauseum.

Here for you out of staters (foreigners)

Character Assassination refers to the slandering or vicious personal verbal attack on a person with the intention of destroying or damaging that person’s reputation or confidence. In other words it is malicious verbal assaults designed to damage or tarnish the reputation of a person. Once done, these acts are often difficult to reverse or rectify. Therefore it is likened to a literal assassination of a human life. The damage sustained can last a lifetime or, for historical figures and important personalities, for many centuries after their death.

It involves a deliberate attempt to destroy a person's reputation, especially by criticizing them in an unfair and dishonest way when they are not present. It can also involve exaggeration or manipulation of facts to present an untrue picture of the targeted person, double speak, spreading of rumors, innuendo or deliberate misinformation on topics relating to the subject's morals, integrity, and reputation. It is a form of defamation.

You know, defamation... what that bimbo is suing Trump for. After her accusation of sexual misconduct, didn't fly.
It is the fact that Kavanaugh is a judge that makes accusations of this type especially harmful. The really sad part is that this could possibly destroy this guy's carreer, when it's just a delaying tactic by the Dems.
Personally I question the character of people that would reduce themselves to this type of... character assassination, just to delay an acceptance vote.

THOSE are the people you should be afraid of, not Kavanaugh.

/e

slan·der
ˈslandər/
nounLaw
noun: slander

the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
"he is suing the TV network for slander"
a false and malicious spoken statement.
plural noun: slanders
"I've had just about all I can stomach of your slanders"
synonyms: defamation (of character), character assassination, calumny, libel; More
scandalmongering, malicious gossip, disparagement, denigration, aspersions, vilification, traducement, obloquy;
lie, slur, smear, false accusation;
informalmudslinging, bad-mouthing, smack talk;
archaiccontumely
"he could sue us for slander"

verb
slander; 3rd person present: slanders; past tense: slandered; past participle: slandered; gerund or present participle: slandering

make false and damaging statements about (someone). "they were accused of slandering the head of state"

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 17 2018 05:56am
Sep 17 2018 06:00am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 17 2018 05:51am)
Yes you should have impeccable character. And, as it's already been posted... 6 FBI vettings, 1300 questions over 3 days, etc., etc., etc.
You know, defamation... what that bimbo is suing Trump for. After her accusation of sexual misconduct, didn't fly.
It is the fact that Kavanaugh is a judge that makes accusations of this type especially harmful. The really sad part is that this could possibly destroy this guy's carreer, when it's just a delaying tactic by the Dems.
Personally I question the character of people that would reduce themselves to this type of... character assassination, just to delay an acceptance vote.
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz091018dAPR20180911124509.jpg
/e
slan·der
ˈslandər/
nounLaw
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
synonyms: defamation (of character), character assassination, calumny, libel; More
scandalmongering, malicious gossip, disparagement, denigration, aspersions, vilification, traducement, obloquy;
archaiccontumely
verb
slander; 3rd person present: slanders; past tense: slandered; past participle: slandered; gerund or present participle: slandering
make false and damaging statements about (someone). "they were accused of slandering the head of state"

What specific clearly false thing has been said about Kavanaugh by a Democrat?

Like, something you can show is false beyond any kind of doubt?
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 17 2018 06:01am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 17 2018 04:51am)

https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz091018dAPR20180911124509.jpg

/e

slan·der
ˈslandər/
nounLaw

archaiccontumely

verb

lmao now you're bitching about character assassination

you're a fucking birther that thinks Obama is a muslim terrorist and clinton is literally Satan and kills people and that they both are a part of pizza gate

lmk about the character assassination by a woman coming forward to tell her detailed story while YOU character assassinate the potential victim
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 17 2018 06:05am
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 4 2018 03:20pm)
about 0% harm

Pretty true

Dems never care about civility, especially since the media blames republicans for democrat incivility
Sep 17 2018 06:06am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 17 2018 08:00am)
What specific clearly false thing has been said about Kavanaugh by a Democrat?

Like, something you can show is false beyond any kind of doubt?

Name one thing that was true beyond a doubt
Sep 17 2018 06:08am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Sep 17 2018 06:06am)
Name one thing that was true beyond a doubt

Why would I when that's not the burden for something to be slander?
Sep 17 2018 06:12am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 17 2018 08:08am)
Why would I when that's not the burden for something to be slander?

:wacko:

Thats actually the very definition of a rumor
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13940414243443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll