d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > "why Has America Made China Its Enemy"
Prev13456726Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 46,068.00
Dec 14 2022 12:24pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 15 Dec 2022 02:18)
When people think of imperialism they have an archaic 20th century understanding of the concept. In the digital age you don't need to have ships carrying their sugar or spices to western lands for it to be imperialistic.

We are the hegemon today and have been since the fall of the Soviet Union. Even prior to that we were but just had to share spheres with the Soviets. The reason why China is a challenge is it's looking to upset that world order. They want to displace the US as the defacto rule maker of the world because the current rules favor the west because they've been set up by the west.

Absolutely agree. And if the current set of rules that were being initially set up by the West do not suit their current interest because the world have advanced so much during the past 20 odd years. They will try to work around or maybe change some of the rulings to suit their interest.

I will give an example and not sure if this fits what we are discussing.

Example : Trump's Metal Tariffs.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/12/10/business/economy-business/wto-ruling-us-china-tariffs/
Dec 14 2022 12:24pm
Quote (Ghot @ 15 Dec 2022 02:20)
Too bad there are no Japanese posters on here at the moment.
I wonder what they would post about this issue.

Or Taiwan, or Vietnam, or the Philippines, or Malaysia, or Singapore, or Indonesia. Wanna bet they'd disagree with you? ^^

I am Singaporean
Gold: 10,485.00
Dec 14 2022 12:25pm
Quote (ferdia @ Dec 14 2022 01:20pm)
cant disagree with any of that.

Well I can... somewhat.
The US doesn't want to make the rules... the US doesn't really care. (excepting MSM, which is NOT the US)

The US sits around watching TV, shopping at Walmart and is continually bombarded by requests from other countries to prevent places like China, N. Korea, Russia, etc., from imposing THEIR will on the little countries.

Hell, use WWII as an example. The US was one of the last countries to get involved. We came cause we were... invited.
After WWII... which countries, did the US take over? I'm curious.

This post was edited by Ghot on Dec 14 2022 12:27pm
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 14 2022 12:26pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 14 2022 06:21pm)
yes, we can erode them, but only so far.

we can remove federal coverage, but states are then free to legislate freedoms.

we can remove aspects of gun ownership (bump stocks, magazine limits, etc) but u cant make it illegal to own a gun of some kind.

and all along the way we see freedoms removed, then changed back by a more conservative court. we see EOs signed then courts undo them, or just the next potus undo them.

when we're talking on a macro 150-200 year scale these are mostly speed bumps.

Is the current supreme court not conservative enough for you !? XD
speed kills ok

afk teaching my son sc2 now. hopefully no one will go rambo.

Quote (Ghot @ Dec 14 2022 06:25pm)
Well I can... somewhat.
The US doesn't want to make the rules... the US doesn't really care. (excepting MSM, whi is NOT the US)

The US sits around watching TV, shopping at Walmart and is continually bombarded by requests from other countries to prevent places like China, N. Korea, Russia, etc., from imposing THEIR will on the little countries.

Hell, use WWII as an example. The US were one of the last countries to get involved. We came cause we were... invited.
After WWII... which countries, did the US take over? I'm curious.

will get to this later this evening or tomorrow.

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 14 2022 12:27pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Dec 14 2022 12:29pm
Quote (ferdia @ Dec 14 2022 12:26pm)
Is the current supreme court not conservative enough for you !? XD
speed kills ok

afk teaching my son sc2 now. hopefully no one will go rambo.

will get to this later this evening or tomorrow.

its just conservative enough for me to counter the bastion of liberal policies and weak legal decisions of the past few decades. it's not conservative enough tho to strike down conservative decisions and specifically presidential executive orders.

btw teach him to beat comps with only red flame hellions.
Dec 14 2022 12:31pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Dec 14 2022 01:24pm)
I am Singaporean

You said earlier that Lee Kuan Yew was your Prime Minister.

Lee Kuan Yew (16 September 1923 – 23 March 2015), born Harry Lee Kuan Yew, often referred to by his initials LKY, was a Singaporean lawyer and statesman who served as Prime Minister of Singapore between 1959 and 1990, and Secretary-General of the People's Action Party between 1954 and 1992. He was the Member of Parliament (MP) for Tanjong Pagar from 1955 until his death in 2015.

I think you're a bit out of date.
If you want to "speak for Singapore", let's try to keep it current. ^^

This post was edited by Ghot on Dec 14 2022 12:33pm
Gold: 6,523.00
Dec 14 2022 12:35pm
Donald Trump became president and China assumed that it was time to take advantage of the failed leaded gasoline experiments in the US that reduced the intelligence of more than half of the adults in the country.

This post was edited by mki on Dec 14 2022 12:36pm
Gold: 13,495.00
Dec 14 2022 12:37pm
Absolutely agree. And if the current set of rules that were being initially set up by the West do not suit their current interest because the world have advanced so much during the past 20 odd years. They will try to work around or maybe change some of the rulings to suit their interest.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/12/10/business/economy-business/wto-ruling-us-china-tariffs/

It goes beyond just economical things really. I can give you some examples from the EU. Poland, a fairly religious populace and society doesn't want to introduce lgbtq "rights" because most of their population doesn't want them. In a truly democratic world, we in the west would accept that. In reality they are getting pressured significantly from Brussels and the EU with various types of economic threats. Same thing with Hungary and wanting to have a good relationship with Russia to continue to get gas/oil.

Today's imperialism is "you adopt the rules, standards, etc, we setup or you get the stick", the stick mostly being economic and excluding in nature. No need for standing armies to patrol their streets, all you need is for them to have significant wealth or debt in usd/euro to control someone.

Now I don't say that to somehow allude to that the alternative being a world dominated by the likes of China would be any better, because it 100% wouldn't, but that's what it looks like today globally and why you have countries like Russia and China causing a ruckus and so many in other parts of the world like Africa and South America sitting quietly.
Dec 14 2022 12:38pm
Quote (Ghot @ 15 Dec 2022 02:31)

Yes and to your above Question in regards to those countries and what they think.

1. Please note that in our region there are populations that are USA Friendly and China Friendly so depending on who you ask and who comment they will give you a different view.
2. There are those that don't choose sides.
3. Most Taiwanese will veer towards the United States and the current Taiwanese government is very PRO US to a point they are " selling out their country ".
4. Vietnam , you have to look at the official statement that the Vietnamese Communist Secretary General says in his recent visit to China.
5. Brunei and Singapore are neutral.
6. Filipino Government since Durtete and the current one are veering towards the Chinese.
7. Cambodia is China's homeboy.
8. Thailand is the same as Singapore and Brunei.
9. Malaysia's previous Prime Minister is pretty Anti USA, they were hoping that the current PM Anwar Ibrahim is Pro United States but he is taking a pragmatic stance since he came into power.
10. As for countries like Indonesia and Malaysia, depending who you ask they will give you different point of view. They are Muslim dominated countries. They hate the Chinese, but they hate the US even more.

Quote (Ghot @ 15 Dec 2022 02:31)

If you want to "speak for Singapore", let's try to keep it current. ^^

His views are evergreen so far most of what he have said have came into fruition I believe.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Dec 14 2022 12:41pm
Dec 14 2022 12:41pm

LOL

The WTO and the WHO are dead. They are nothing more than China pawns at present.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456726Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll