d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Blueanon Thread
Prev13456722Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,453.85
Warn: 10%
Aug 18 2022 02:11pm
Quote (YeeHaw @ Aug 18 2022 12:55pm)
The court case came down to the judge refusing to translate the legal means for a citizens arrest. It was a vaguely written law that came down to basically a coin toss whether or not the two (notice I said two) people were legally arresting the man or unlawfully imprisoning him. The judge let the jury decide.

So what is your take on this case? Do you think the father-son duo was justified in making a citizen's arrest? That the father truly thought he was defending himself when Arbery tried to resist?

This post was edited by JessiWan on Aug 18 2022 02:33pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 18 2022 02:21pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 18 2022 03:11pm)
So what is your take on this case? Do you think the father-son duo was justified in making a citizen's arrest? That the father truly thought he was defending himself when Arbory tried to resist?

Arbery charged and grabbed the shotgun, struggle ensued, he got shot. Again, on video. My take? The man who pulled the trigger gets manslaughter and unlawful imprisonment. The other mcmichael gets unlawful imprisonment. The guy who recorded it gets a pat on the back for providing video evidence of a crime and making the court case much fairer.

This case was an abomination of the justice system. It sucks that the event happened, but looking back on it the mcmichaels didn’t charge in shooting yelling, “DIE N*GGER!!!!” Which is what their guilty verdicts, as well as the news cycle indicate happened. They thought they were doing the right thing and a man lost his life in a struggle for a shotgun.

This post was edited by YeeHaw on Aug 18 2022 02:22pm
Aug 18 2022 02:31pm
Quote (YeeHaw @ Aug 18 2022 01:21pm)
Arbery charged and grabbed the shotgun, struggle ensued, he got shot. Again, on video. My take? The man who pulled the trigger gets manslaughter and unlawful imprisonment. The other mcmichael gets unlawful imprisonment. The guy who recorded it gets a pat on the back for providing video evidence of a crime and making the court case much fairer.

This case was an abomination of the justice system. It sucks that the event happened, but looking back on it the mcmichaels didn’t charge in shooting yelling, “DIE N*GGER!!!!” Which is what their guilty verdicts, as well as the news cycle indicate happened. They thought they were doing the right thing and a man lost his life in a struggle for a shotgun.

Very reasoned. And I totally agree.

A question from me, who doesn't know much about legal systems: why did the judge let the jury decide? Why couldn't he/she have decided?
Gold: 21.93
Aug 18 2022 03:54pm
Quote (YeeHaw @ Aug 19 2022 02:47am)
I saw it on tv while watching the trial and recaps. But yes that is the situation I was alluding to. I guess “robbing people” was a bit misleading, but he is on video stealing equipment from where they were building the new homes. We all know the story that he was a random jogger, but the reality was the local police went through the neighborhood showing videos of him stealing things and said to keep an eye out for a possibly armed robber, as there was a reported stolen firearm from another neighbor within the same timeline. His face was clear as day on the videos.

There are still news reports just from the past week or two saying “murderer of jogger sentenced to life” or whatever they got. He was not jogging. He was from many miles away, on video stealing things, and was wearing boots when he got shot.

Factually incorrect reporting that is still, years later, going unchallenged and taken as fact. Honest reporting would have a headline along the lines of, “two men involved in (arguably) illegal citizens arrest sentenced to life.”

Almost everything you just said is a lie, stop getting your news from stormfront.
Aug 18 2022 03:57pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Aug 18 2022 02:54pm)
Almost everything you just said is a lie, stop getting your news from stormfront.

You should show how what he said is factually incorrect instead of accusing him of being a racist.
Aug 18 2022 04:02pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 19 2022 07:57am)
You should show how what he said is factually incorrect instead of accusing him of being a racist.

He was not wearing boots, there was no evidence he stole anything, he was not on camera stealing anything, there was no evidence he robbed anyone.
He lived two miles away, not "many miles away" and he was known to frequently jog quite far.

Heres a whole bunch of videos of other people going to that construction site without anyone being shot over it, they were white though.
Oh and a black guy these rednecks probably thought was arbery.
You can also see that arbery was wearing joggers, not boots, because racists really will just make shit up to make their case look better.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Aug 18 2022 04:13pm
Aug 18 2022 04:13pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Aug 18 2022 03:02pm)

Heres a whole bunch of videos of other people going to that construction site without anyone being shot over it, they were white though.

Stop insinuating the reason the McMichaels shot him was simply because he was black.

As far as I know, the duo genuinely thought Arbery was in the process of committing a crime and that he was also armed.
Aug 18 2022 04:14pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 19 2022 08:13am)
Stop insinuating the reason the McMichaels shot him was simply because he was black.

As far as I know, the duo genuinely thought Arbery was in the process of committing a crime and that he was also armed.

The 4 white people on that video all went into that construction site and no one followed them with shotguns and formed a lynch mob.
Aug 18 2022 04:17pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Aug 18 2022 03:14pm)
The 4 white people on that video all went into that construction site and no one followed them with shotguns

And? This fact alone does not prove that the McMichaels went after Arbery simply because he was black.

and formed a lynch mob.

Stop using incendiary language like lynch mob. The McMichaels made a citizen's arrest that might or might not have been justified.
Aug 18 2022 04:36pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 19 2022 08:17am)
And? This fact alone does not prove that the McMichaels went after Arbery simply because he was black.

Stop using incendiary language like lynch mob. The McMichaels made a citizen's arrest that might or might not have been justified.

No they committed murder and are doing life in prison because it was found to be unjustified in a court of law, see what i mean about racists lying?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456722Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll