d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Michael Flynn Charged
Prev13456718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Dec 1 2017 12:45pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Dec 1 2017 12:43pm)
This worries me greatly
We're homing in on Trump's efforts at backroom diplomacy that occurred after the election.
Everyone has known about them for a year now, it was never really a secret, and I've posted that whole timeline a hundred times in the past

But now Mueller has demonstrated that he's ignoring the election or looking for evidence of collusion and is targeting the spat over diplomacy when Obama was outgoing.
If the democrats were desperate for a way to attempt to weaponize the investigation against Trump without being able to find any collusion, that's exactly where they'd go
Which points to Mueller being more interested in a political hatchet job than the scope of his investigation as it was set out.

They very well might push this logan act nonsense and the tussle between Obama and Trump after the election, which came in response to these allegations, and use them in an effort to attempt to justify the allegations
And nobody is going to notice the circular logic if they're too busy saying "Trump ordered flynn to talk to russia~!", because only the 0.001% of americans who paid close attention noticed that already

lol bruh. save ur rants until the dust settles at least.

JUST IN: @BrianRoss on @ABC News Special Report: Michael Flynn promised "full cooperation to the Mueller team" and is prepared to testify that as a candidate, Donald Trump "directed him to make contact with the Russians."

This post was edited by thesnipa on Dec 1 2017 12:46pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 1 2017 12:46pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 1 Dec 2017 19:43)
Trump's efforts at backroom diplomacy

i stopped it here.
Gold: 22,164.69
Dec 1 2017 12:53pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 1 2017 12:45pm)
lol bruh. save ur rants until the dust settles at least.

Yes, that's been rather obvious since the start, I was pointing it out almost a year ago now.
Its all about the Trump-Obama diplomacy spat during the transition that I couldn't shut up about last year, where Obama was doing measures while outgoing that would throw wrenches into Trump's administration. The Russian sanctions and Israeli UN vote were just two of them, there was also Bear Ears, the Planned Parenthood mandate, a bunch of small regulations, etc etc. I think I still have a copy/paste wall of text around it, I'm sure you've read it at some point.

So what Mueller is homing in on is something that's been an open secret in Washington from the start, but doesn't show collusion or have anything to do with the election
But it does weaponize well against Trump because he can expose Trump's back channel and efforts to distance himself from it with disavowals, and maybe expose him in a lie
Except none of that is illegal on any remotely enforceable law, nor even unethical or that unusual for a presidential transition.

All that is starting to paint that Mueller just dropped the cloak and came out charging as a democrat political agent, not an impartial investigator.
Dec 1 2017 01:01pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Dec 1 2017 12:53pm)
Yes, that's been rather obvious since the start, I was pointing it out almost a year ago now.
Its all about the Trump-Obama diplomacy spat during the transition that I couldn't shut up about last year, where Obama was doing measures while outgoing that would throw wrenches into Trump's administration. The Russian sanctions and Israeli UN vote were just two of them, there was also Bear Ears, the Planned Parenthood mandate, a bunch of small regulations, etc etc. I think I still have a copy/paste wall of text around it, I'm sure you've read it at some point.

So what Mueller is homing in on is something that's been an open secret in Washington from the start, but doesn't show collusion or have anything to do with the election
But it does weaponize well against Trump because he can expose Trump's back channel and efforts to distance himself from it with disavowals, and maybe expose him in a lie
Except none of that is illegal on any remotely enforceable law, nor even unethical or that unusual for a presidential transition.

All that is starting to paint that Mueller just dropped the cloak and came out charging as a democrat political agent, not an impartial investigator.

and you can say that if Trump, who hadn't been sworn in as the POTUS, directed his campaign to make contact with russian officials he's not guilty of something? at the bare minimum its so idiotic and negligent that he didnt wait a month to do with with the narrative for months being Russia wants POTUS Trump.
Gold: 5,016.77
Dec 1 2017 01:10pm
Quote (-Kenny @ Dec 1 2017 01:31pm)
IceMage converted to anti-republican since the last time I've been in this forum???? Crazy!

That's the problem with labels... too simplistic. I've definitely become more moderate in the past few years, I still hate the blacks and gays though, so I can never be in the Democratic party.
Dec 1 2017 01:11pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 1 2017 01:01pm)
and you can say that if Trump, who hadn't been sworn in as the POTUS, directed his campaign to make contact with russian officials he's not guilty of something? at the bare minimum its so idiotic and negligent that he didnt wait a month to do with with the narrative for months being Russia wants POTUS Trump.

every incoming president initiates foreign contacts and send out feelers before taking office. Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, they all directed their staff to start talking to other heads before January
And when Obama was using his outgoing months to try to enact a bunch of diplomatic crisises that would plague the Trump administration directly contrary to Obama's promise of a dignified transition of power?
Obama was running around enacting a bunch of 180 degree flip policies from his own administration that were designed just to stymie Trump, and Trump was running around trying to defuse them.
The fear was that Russia would take retaliatory tit-for-tat measures against the USA as Putin was threatening against Obama, which would continue to escalate and poison relations between the countries before Trump could be sworn in
So Trump went behind Obama's back with the Flynn back channel, and suddenly the next thing you know instead of Putin swearing revenge against diplomats, he hosted an over-the-top christmas party for diplomats and their families and showered the children in gifts in a ridiculous display.

None of this has been a secret from the get go, but what it means is that instead of looking into the election like he was supposed to, instead of even looking into serious crimes, Mueller's delving into sensitive diplomacy and the bitter Obama-Trump tussle, which will open the door to democrats employing the circular logic of accusing Trump of being compromised by Russia because he tried to fight back against the measures Obama was doing in response to accusing Trump of being compromised by Russia.
Imagine if 10 months ago the democrats demanded a special counsel to investigate whether the logan act was violated by Trump after he won the election fairly.
Imagine if they actually got it. That's demented.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Dec 1 2017 01:13pm
Gold: 0.00
Dec 1 2017 01:21pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Dec 1 2017 01:11pm)
every incoming president initiates foreign contacts and send out feelers before taking office. Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, they all directed their staff to start talking to other heads before January
And when Obama was using his outgoing months to try to enact a bunch of diplomatic crisises that would plague the Trump administration directly contrary to Obama's promise of a dignified transition of power?
Obama was running around enacting a bunch of 180 degree flip policies from his own administration that were designed just to stymie Trump, and Trump was running around trying to defuse them.
The fear was that Russia would take retaliatory tit-for-tat measures against the USA as Putin was threatening against Obama, which would continue to escalate and poison relations between the countries before Trump could be sworn in
So Trump went behind Obama's back with the Flynn back channel, and suddenly the next thing you know instead of Putin swearing revenge against diplomats, he hosted an over-the-top christmas party for diplomats and their families and showered the children in gifts in a ridiculous display.

None of this has been a secret from the get go, but what it means is that instead of looking into the election like he was supposed to, instead of even looking into serious crimes, Mueller's delving into sensitive diplomacy and the bitter Obama-Trump tussle, which will open the door to democrats employing the circular logic of accusing Trump of being compromised by Russia because he tried to fight back against the measures Obama was doing in response to accusing Trump of being compromised by Russia.
Imagine if 10 months ago the democrats demanded a special counsel to investigate whether the logan act was violated by Trump after he won the election fairly.

But Flynn is also saying that he was directed by Trump during the campaign to contact Russian officials. If those contacts had anything to do with the DNC emails that were hacked, then that is direct evidence of collusion. Obviously, we don't know if that is the case yet, so we'll have to see what comes out in the coming days and weeks. But THAT would be a hell of a bombshell, IF it turned out to be true.
Gold: 500.00
Dec 1 2017 01:27pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Dec 1 2017 01:53pm)

life long republican is suddenly a democrat agent ?
Dec 1 2017 01:28pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Dec 1 2017 01:11pm)

what i find funny is that you spend all this time typing this out without even once taking a second to interpret that new piece of info to mean that Trump may have asked Flynn to make contact during the election itself and not transition.

whether its transition, campaign, or both who knows. which is why this is a meme topic, not a rant topic imo. but feel free to do you goomy.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Dec 1 2017 01:29pm
Dec 1 2017 01:29pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Dec 1 2017 01:21pm)
But Flynn is also saying that he was directed by Trump during the campaign to contact Russian officials. If those contacts had anything to do with the DNC emails that were hacked, then that is direct evidence of collusion. Obviously, we don't know if that is the case yet, so we'll have to see what comes out in the coming days and weeks. But THAT would be a hell of a bombshell, IF it turned out to be true.

Have you got a link to a source claiming that?
All the testimony I've seen is that he's testifying that the Trump campaign after the election told him to make contact with Russian officials, initially to organize against ISIS, then to rally the UN vote and calm Putin's tits over the sanctions.
IE:
>As part of a plea deal, former national security adviser Michael Flynn has admitted that a senior member of the Trump transition team directed him to make contact with Russian officials in December 2016.

Are you sure the Brian Ross quote above isn't conflating the two? Because the twitter buzz around it is suggesting that
Just typing it into google I get:

More
Yellow journalism...@BrianRoss is shaping a narrative not telling the truth...Mike Flynn & KT McFarland were directed by @POTUS to call the Russians and a dozen other leaders and ambassadors of other nations during the transition...that was there job!
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/12/01/abcs_brian_ross_flynn_prepared_to_testify_against_trump_trump_family_people_in_the_white_house.html

More
FAKE FLYNN NEWS!
Without a shred of evidence ABC's Brian Ross reports Gen Flynn said 'CANDIDATE' Trump...but in Dec 2016 Trump was President Elect.

Remember when IDIOT Brian Ross without a shred of evidence blamed the Colorado movie theater shooting on the TEA PARTY? I DO!

More
So ABC’s idiot, Brian Ross, tanked the Dow Jones when he announced unsubstantiated claims about Flynn going to testify against Trump. That lie cost a lot of people money. Our Media is garbage.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Dec 1 2017 01:32pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll