d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Donald Trump: Full Interview With Todd Chuck > Immigration, Business, Clinton, Etc
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 17 2015 08:00am
Quote (Santara @ Aug 17 2015 01:53pm)
You're bored because you need an excuse to run the fuck away from being rekt.

I can't substantiate that I am alive and/or conscious in the womb? Can you demonstrate how a dead fetus grows in the womb? Because I'm pretty fucking solidly convinced only living fetuses can keep growing. Alive or dead, which is it, Mr Smartypants?

Of course I do. You however clearly do not, even with a simple dictionary reference included for your perusal.

Well I can certainly see how you're a 40 year old loser with 34k posts, you sure can pound out the bullshit.

However,

You have still yet to explain to me how you, you YOU were alive in your mother's womb. You don't seem to understand. At one point you were a collection of cells, just a developing organism, there was no YOU, no alive HUMAN; no alive conscious being. But at a certain point, you matured and were birthed. If you were aborted, you, Mr. Santara, never existed, you were a collection of aborted cells.

Understand? Do I have to break out mathematical schematics? Or would a NFL playbook make it easier to understand?

This post was edited by CarsV on Aug 17 2015 08:02am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 17 2015 08:50am
Quote (Santara @ 17 Aug 2015 13:14)
Alive? The entire time. Conscious? Not the entire time. Consciousness is generally understood to occur around halfway through the pregnancy. Now answer me this, rather than dodge: what makes consciousness a prerequisite for being a human?

Can you tell me why I should not describe the intentional killing of a living being as murder?

Because I assume you're not a vegetarian?

This post was edited by Scaly on Aug 17 2015 08:50am
Gold: 7,252.72
Aug 17 2015 08:52am
Quote (Scaly @ Aug 17 2015 10:50am)

...buy a dictionary...murder can only be committed against another human being .
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 17 2015 08:56am
Quote (CarsV @ Aug 17 2015 08:00am)
Well I can certainly see how you're a 40 year old loser with 34k posts, you sure can pound out the bullshit.

However,

You have still yet to explain to me how you, you YOU were alive in your mother's womb. You don't seem to understand. At one point you were a collection of cells, just a developing organism, there was no YOU, no alive HUMAN; no alive conscious being. But at a certain point, you matured and were birthed. If you were aborted, you, Mr. Santara, never existed, you were a collection of aborted cells.

Understand? Do I have to break out mathematical schematics? Or would a NFL playbook make it easier to understand?

TBH you dont seem to get you're getting fucked hard on the "conscious" part of your own argument. Consciousness isnt the hinge point of the debate whatsoever, look at people in comas with no chance of coming out of the coma.

The part of the debate you should be focusing on is the mother's/parent's legal control of a child before its born(which includes its right to be born), to focus on consciousness is a fool's endeavor because there are counter arguments for how we treat conscious adults and adults who are unable to make decisions for themselves.
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 17 2015 09:47am
Quote (Santara @ Aug 16 2015 07:59pm)
F Chuck Todd.

Chuck Todd is actually one of the MSNBC guys I like.

---

Only 7 minutes into this interview, but I'm impressed so far.
Gold: 0.76
Aug 17 2015 09:54am
Quote (thesnipa @ 17 Aug 2015 09:56)
TBH you dont seem to get you're getting fucked hard on the "conscious" part of your own argument. Consciousness isnt the hinge point of the debate whatsoever, look at people in comas with no chance of coming out of the coma.

The part of the debate you should be focusing on is the mother's/parent's legal control of a child before its born(which includes its right to be born), to focus on consciousness is a fool's endeavor because there are counter arguments for how we treat conscious adults and adults who are unable to make decisions for themselves.

Which hopefully the adult has made a decision before the decision needs to be made for them. If Consciousness is not returning, then the body should be "let go" and the organ's and viable parts for transplant harvested.

And of course a woman has to have control of what happens inside her body, That fetus is a part of her it is her's as long as that umbilical cord is attached to her and the fetus. Once the cord is cut the fetus becomes a baby and then is a viable human being. Before that it is totally dependent on the mother = non-viable

cord attached= part of mother= fetus= non-viable human

cord gets cut= separate entity= baby= human

easy peasy..
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 17 2015 10:00am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Aug 17 2015 09:54am)
Which hopefully the adult has made a decision before the decision needs to be made for them. If Consciousness is not returning, then the body should be "let go" and the organ's and viable parts for transplant harvested.

And of course a woman has to have control of what happens inside her body, That fetus is a part of her it is her's as long as that umbilical cord is attached to her and the fetus. Once the cord is cut the fetus becomes a baby and then is a viable human being. Before that it is totally dependent on the mother = non-viable

cord attached= part of mother= fetus= non-viable human

cord gets cut= separate entity= baby= human

easy peasy..

Im 100% pro choice, so i agree with everything you said personally.

Gold: 3.60
Aug 17 2015 10:04am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 17 2015 02:52pm)
...buy a dictionary...murder can only be committed against another human being .

tell that to cecil the lion
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 17 2015 12:17pm
Quote (CarsV @ Aug 17 2015 09:00am)

However,

Awww, some random retard is making fun of my age and experience. :( afk /wrists

I suggest you crack a dictionary. Start with these terms:

life
[ līf ]
NOUN

the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death:

human
[ ˈ(h)yo͞omən ]

NOUN

a human being, especially a person as distinguished from an animal or (in science fiction) an alien.

Now, you've already noted that what is growing inside the mother is a "developing organism," which is perfectly accurate. Organism.

organism
[ ˈôrgəˌnizəm ]
NOUN

an individual animal, plant, or single-celled life form.

So now, between the dictionary and your own terminology, we have established the existence of life. Next is the term human. Now, if the developing organism isn't human, could you please denote which species it belongs? Be precise.

This is basic biology here. Now, you can have a legitimate discussion about whether you think a zygote/fetus is a legal "person," but in no way can you deny that it is both alive and human.

Now onto consciousness. I'll repost since you must have missed it:

conscious
[ ˈkänCHəs ]
ADJECTIVE

aware of and responding to one's surroundings; awake.

Scientists, you know - people who actually make it their business to figure things out empirically - have determined that fetuses are capable of responding to stimuli well before birth. That means that they acquire consciousness before they enter the breathing world. You have also FAILED to provide any reasoning at all why consciousness is integral in defining a human being.

Quote (Scaly @ Aug 17 2015 09:50am)

Feel free to insert the word "human."

Quote (IceMage @ Aug 17 2015 10:47am)
Chuck Todd is actually one of the MSNBC guys I like.

---

Only 7 minutes into this interview, but I'm impressed so far.

You aren't a dittohead, are you?

This post was edited by Santara on Aug 17 2015 12:18pm
Gold: 7,252.72
Aug 17 2015 12:20pm
Quote (itzpookiie @ Aug 17 2015 12:04pm)
tell that to cecil the lion

mur·der
ˈmərdər/Submit
noun
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
"the stabbing murder of an off-Broadway producer"
synonyms: killing, homicide, assassination, liquidation, extermination, execution, slaughter, butchery, massacre; More
verb
kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.
"somebody tried to murder Joe"
synonyms: kill, put to death, assassinate, execute, liquidate, eliminate, dispatch, butcher, slaughter, massacre, wipe out; More
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll