d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Religion Actually Does To People - Part One > Childhood Indoctrination Is Child Abuse
Prev13456741Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 21 2015 10:12pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 21 2015 08:11pm)
Trannies and other homosex abominations know they're not normal and deal with it like a coward, suicide for attention? Grow up, I can't respect anyone who takes their own life.

You're just a really useless person, aren't you?
Gold: 0.00
Jan 21 2015 10:13pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Jan 21 2015 12:07pm)
start voting democrat and they can help you bridge the financial gap ^_^

republicans are never going to help you with your financial problems

lold
Gold: 9,039.20
Jan 21 2015 10:20pm
Quote (ChurchGirl69 @ Jan 21 2015 10:12pm)
You're just a really useless person, aren't you?

Alive and well, haven't offed yet but then again I'm not mental with delusions about my biological gender.
Gold: 152.00
Jan 21 2015 10:20pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 21 2015 11:11pm)
Trannies and other homosex abominations know they're not normal and deal with it like a coward, suicide for attention? Grow up, I can't respect anyone who takes their own life.

Yes, people definitely kill themselves for attention because they can really enjoy that attention when they're dead.
Gold: 9,039.20
Jan 21 2015 10:25pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Jan 21 2015 10:20pm)
Yes, people definitely kill themselves for attention because they can really enjoy that attention when they're dead.

That's exactly what was done, people are too easily convinced by cowardly publicity stunts, some wannabe tranny martyr had to take his beliefs to their logical conclusion,
Gold: 277,740.50
Jan 21 2015 10:40pm
Good education and knowledge about world's religions can be a good way to fight against this cancer, the child has a chance to understand on time that the same patterns are present in all religions so he may question himself when his parent claim that there religion is alone to own the truth. For that reason the most rich and organized religions tries keep there kids isolated from the rest of the society as long as possible by making there own schools.

More education, less isolation.

Jan 22 2015 12:06am
Quote (2sexy4u @ 22 Jan 2015 04:40)
Good education and knowledge about world's religions can be a good way to fight against this cancer, the child has a chance to understand on time that the same patterns are present in all religions so he may question himself when his parent claim that there religion is alone to own the truth. For that reason the most rich and organized religions tries keep there kids isolated from the rest of the society as long as possible by making there own schools.

More education, less isolation.

It's true. Most people who are indoctrinated in childhood and who leave their religions do so around college age. Often even a period of being away from the religious community is enough to make someone seriously question their beliefs. Without the constant reaffirmation of their beliefs they begin to ask questions more frequently.

Quote (thesnipa @ 21 Jan 2015 22:04)
Im confused about how you can make that statement and not realize they are the same thing. That all men sin is not meant to make you feel evil, its is to make you feel guilt for your mistakes. I understand your stance that the method is flawed based on the gentle minds of a child but that doesnt make the logic flawed.

your attempt to make ALL religion discredited based on the premise that you will debunk claims that only a certain sect (i wont even say minority) hasnt been portrayed at all in this section

you leave zero room for someone to kindly explain to children that everyone is flawed but its the atonement that is important, it is the remorse for damage you cause not the striving to never cause damage that can be preached.

I'm not intending to discredit or debunk theism here. I'm simply demonstrating the harm that religious organisations cause.

I don't deny you should feel bad when you do something wrong... but we do that already (unless there's some sort of mental illness or developmental disorder). What religion does is tell you you've done something wrong when you haven't (masturbation, looking upon a woman with lust in your heart, having sexual feelings for a member of the same sex, not praying enough, not loving enough, not unquestioningly obeying religious authority figures, questioning your beliefs etc) and makes you feel a disproportionate amount of guilt when you do do something wrong. It's no longer connected to the harm your actions do but because you have offended god and with that comes the fear of being seperated from god and/or going to hell. Both of which (if you believe them) are disproportionate punishments for your crime whatever it is.

Religion teaches infinite punishment for finite crimes.

Oh and there's a difference between making a mistake and being a bad person. At least to those who are not religious...

This post was edited by Scaly on Jan 22 2015 12:11am
Gold: 1.00
Jan 22 2015 12:46am
Quote (Scaly @ Jan 21 2015 10:06pm)
Oh and there's a difference between making a mistake and being a bad person. At least to those who are not religious...

the good will do their best, the bad will do the worst.
but if you want a good person to do bad things you'll need religion
Gold: 17,384.69
Jan 22 2015 12:58am
would have to be pretty disabled those days to teach children theres no evolution but only adam and eve, bible, little baby jesus got rekt and then resurrected, satan snake apple, sacred virginity, etc..etc..

such thing should be considered dangerous and the first step into various forms of integrisms: i can be agree with that kind of stuff okay.
Jan 22 2015 04:35am
Quote (Mutant @ 22 Jan 2015 06:46)
the good will do their best, the bad will do the worst.
but if you want a good person to do bad things you'll need religion

Very Voltaire.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456741Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll