d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Chelsea Clinton Changes 2016 Election Dynamic
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40.64
Apr 24 2014 10:59am
maybe I'm crazy or stupid but i really haven't seen a likelihood of Clinton actually being able to win. if i can deduce this from my meager knowledge, than so can the democratic party. all the rumors and speculation for the past 2 years hasn't been good. i really think if they pick Clinton they will lose for sure.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 24 2014 11:17am
Quote (NatureNames @ Apr 24 2014 11:59am)
maybe I'm crazy or stupid but i really haven't seen a likelihood of Clinton actually being able to win. if i can deduce this from my meager knowledge, than so can the democratic party. all the rumors and speculation for the past 2 years hasn't been good. i really think if they pick Clinton they will lose for sure.

Hard to say. Does the GOP have any talent to run? I only keep hearing about Paul, Rubio, and Cruz, none of which are good candidates for POTUS.

Maybe somebody like Mitch Daniels might come out, but does he have name recognition? Could an electable candidate like him or Christie make it out of the primary?

Romney would have fared much better than Obama and not have gotten stomped so bad electorally had he not had to go and stand up with that freakshow in the primary and get beat up for months on end. That was a midterm election so I expect the GOP to try a little harder here, instead of having to choose between a Mormon who has trouble figuring out what a person is, some gay guys beard, divorce my wife while she is fighting cancer for a new PYT family values guy, a pizza man, somebody whose name means a mix of semen and fecal matter, and isolationist who thinks we should all carry little bags of gold to trade with and has no idea how ignoring the world's problems would create real blowback, and Huntsman, who if put on the end of the rest, looks like the sole homosapien on the Darwin scale.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 24 2014 11:18am
Gold: 226.37
Apr 24 2014 12:07pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 24 2014 12:17pm)
Hard to say.  Does the GOP have any talent to run?  I only keep hearing about Paul, Rubio, and Cruz, none of which are good candidates for POTUS.

Maybe somebody like Mitch Daniels might come out, but does he have name recognition?  Could an electable candidate like him or Christie make it out of the primary?

Romney would have fared much better than Obama and not have gotten stomped so bad electorally had he not had to go and stand up with that freakshow in the primary and get beat up for months on end.  That was a midterm election so I expect the GOP to try a little harder here, instead of having to choose between a Mormon who has trouble figuring out what a person is, some gay guys beard, divorce my wife while she is fighting cancer for a new PYT family values guy, a pizza man, somebody whose name means a mix of semen and fecal matter, and isolationist who thinks we should all carry little bags of gold to trade with and has no idea how ignoring the world's problems would create real blowback, and Huntsman, who if put on the end of the rest, looks like the sole homosapien on the Darwin scale.

Jeb Bush 2016
Gold: 1.50
Apr 24 2014 12:13pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Apr 24 2014 01:07pm)
Jeb Bush 2016

they need a maverick like him
Gold: 285.00
Apr 24 2014 12:17pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Apr 24 2014 01:07pm)
Jeb Bush 2016

We can cross our fingers. I'm not too hot on GOP presidents but he is a good candidate, especially if he makes education reform a centerpiece of his presidency.

Especially if he somehow has his father's attitude regarding the "Voodoo" trickle-down stuff.
Gold: 11,407.33
Apr 24 2014 12:18pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Apr 24 2014 02:07pm)
Jeb Bush 2016

The last two went so well lets go for a third! <_<
Apr 24 2014 12:27pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 24 2014 01:18pm)
The last two went so well lets go for a third!  <_<

H.W made hard choices for his country and successfully executed the first Gulf War.

Jeb Bush is the only candidate with the inherent prestige to avoid a "flight to the right" during the primary. He offers real solutions to immigration and education, and promotes a pretty generic muscular foreign policy.

All important things we need. Either a Clinton or a Bush would boost foreign policy credentials just on name recognition.

I don't dislike Rand, but he needs to embrace a more assertive foreign policy to be palatable.
Apr 24 2014 01:07pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Apr 24 2014 02:27pm)
H.W made hard choices for his country and successfully executed the first Gulf War.

Jeb Bush is the only candidate with the inherent prestige to avoid a "flight to the right" during the primary. He offers real solutions to immigration and education, and promotes a pretty generic muscular foreign policy.

All important things we need. Either a Clinton or a Bush would boost foreign policy credentials just on name recognition.

I like some of his views on immigration and education, but I have serious reservations about his other big government, establishment, big-brother and interventionist views and hes George's brother.

I don't dislike Rand, but he needs to embrace a more assertive foreign policy to be palatable.

To be palatable to you and other aggressive war mongers.
Fortunately the majority of the country is shifting away from unnecessary war advocacy.
Apr 24 2014 01:55pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 24 2014 02:07pm)

To be palatable to you and other aggressive war mongers.
Fortunately the majority of the country is shifting away from unnecessary war advocacy.

I'm not a warmonger at all, I just don't trust Rand to come to the defense of our sworn, treaty-bound allies and to dissuade China from destabilizing the Pacific.

For the sake of freedom of trade, freedom of movement, and freedom of information an authoritarian regime with a long track record of censorship, ethnic nationalism, and economic blackmail can't be allowed to politically subdue an entire subcontinent in which half the worlds population dwells.
Apr 24 2014 03:23pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Apr 24 2014 03:55pm)
I'm not a warmonger at all, I just don't trust Rand to come to the defense of our sworn, treaty-bound allies and to dissuade China from destabilizing the Pacific.

I would think it should depend on which methods are appropriate and the circumstances.

Is he going to invade/bomb Syria when Obama would have? No.
Should we encourage Israel and other allies to invade Iran tomorrow and tell them we'll help them? Some might emphatically say yes, I would say its a terrible situation that we should avoid if possible.
On the other hand if Iran somehow invaded Israel or one of our other allies I cant imagine he wouldn't help them.
How are you going to dissuade china? Threats of war and an embargo for what we might consider less than extreme offenses? I dont think thats a good idea and i dont think thats what he would look for first.

You seem to have a rather demonic portrayal of China. I'd rather get along with them than make them our enemy.

Rand prefers diplomacy and trade but will get messy and bloody if he has to. Others look to violence sooner, which I think is unfortunate.

For the sake of freedom of trade, freedom of movement, and freedom of information an authoritarian regime with a long track record of censorship, ethnic nationalism, and economic blackmail can't be allowed to politically subdue an entire subcontinent in which half the worlds population dwells.

I agree thats why we should change US policy away from doing all those things. B)
trollface.jpg
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll