d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev13456735Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 26 2014 06:53am
James 2: 14-16 (NIV)

14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? 15 Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, 16 and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 26 2014 07:01am
Quote (CPK001 @ 26 Jan 2014 09:53)
James 2: 14-16 (NIV)

14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? 15 Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, 16 and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?

correctly.
Faith without works is dead.
works without love is empty.
Gold: 655.00
Jan 26 2014 07:37am
it snowed here in the north east, maybe some people have older neighbors and side walks that need to be shoveled.
Gold: 7,252.72
Jan 26 2014 07:41am
Quote (Ylem122 @ Jan 26 2014 08:37am)
it snowed here in the north east, maybe some people have older neighbors and side walks that need to be shoveled.

...how many sidewalks do I have to shovel to get into heaven ?
Gold: 2,000.00
Jan 26 2014 09:16am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jan 26 2014 05:51am)
Yeah I do don't I?

Nothing to focus on then, except for you getting saved. It is so easy to tell me how to act when you, yourself have a partner isn't it?
Somebody once told me that I need to treat girls as I would treat guys, as if they know it all. I bet if I came up to them and bombarded then with ALL of the problems I had, they would have nothing to offer including false hope.

So do you believe that the places that The Bible say that whatever events took place were all made up? Do you believe that there ever was a place called Rome? Italy? Damascus? Athens? Corinth? Jerusalem? etc.
What about the Red Sea or the Jordan River? If some or none of these places exist then how could The Bible possibly be true? I don't think that you would have travelled the world for that.

The Bible I own has a map of the area where all the events took place. One such part includes the area of The Mediterranean Sea, which is right below Italy. On that map it shows Paul's Missionary Journeys throughout the large area. Paul's Missionary Journeys shows how Christianity started in Jerusalem and then proceeded to spread across the Globe.
The message of the good news that started in Jerusalem went to Samaria, Damascus, Philippi, Thessalonica, Athens, Corinth, Ephesus, Rome, all the way down to the city that you and I live in.

From that, there is little doubt that anybody would not have heard the news of the Gospel. The reason I'm telling you this is that you can check what The Bible says about the Journeys that many people have made and compare it with the world map. I'm grateful in that The Bible I own has everything already worked out, put into a timeline, shows the map of the Areas and the cities, even the city of Jerusalem in Jesus' time. With all this in mind, it is not a simple matter of reading the words every Bible study. I always check if the timelines are true and the areas do exist. It is easy to check if a place is made up. However whenever I checked what The Bible claims and researched its stories, the stories did indeed add up.

So to you because the places exist the divinity of the bible is true? Doesn't take much to convince you. I said the supernatural aspects of the bible aren't believable that doesn't mean the bible doesn't have valid info in it.

Retired Moderator
Jan 26 2014 09:25am
Quote (dark-soul @ 26 Jan 2014 12:16)
So to you because the places exist the divinity of the bible is true? Doesn't take much to convince you. I said the supernatural aspects of the bible aren't believable that doesn't mean the bible doesn't have valid info in it.

understanding of each is in accordance with the wake for the rational truth.
while for many it is better to believe the ease of reach salvation, others are fighting hard to rid themselves of their moral imperfections.
Gold: 16,240.00
Jan 26 2014 11:22am
wow took a few sentences to find a massive flaw

"God created them perfect, they disobeyed God"

good one

This post was edited by dakariii on Jan 26 2014 11:23am
Retired Moderator
Jan 26 2014 01:22pm
Quote (dakariii @ 26 Jan 2014 14:22)
wow took a few sentences to find a massive flaw

"God created them perfect, they disobeyed God"

good one

I disagree with you.
the correct interpretation is that God created all simple and ignorant.
each evolved according to their free will through thousands of incarnations.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 26 2014 05:40pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Jan 27 2014 01:16am)

You need to know God. Back then the people had the best possible scenario to know God as they didn't have all of the 'distractions' and 'material possessions' like we do today.

The people back then saw all of the divine miracles yet they still failed because of their sin. The talking donkeys, the parting of the Red Sea, the 10 plagues, the fiery furnace, the day the sun stood still etc.

All of those miracles or supernatural aspects were only possible through God. God is capable of doing anything. Yet even through those supernatural aspects, it didn't solve the problem with sin.

Many people are looking for one of those supernatural aspects now but if the people back then who had the best possible scenario didn't believe, how could you possibly believe through that in the here and now?
Gold: 11,700.00
Jan 26 2014 06:03pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 26 Jan 2014 23:40)
... the people had the best possible scenario to know God as they didn't have all of the 'distractions' ...

shouldn't you avoid those 'distractions' then to really follow your calling?
better forget about your desire for a girlfriend - become a monk :P
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456735Next
Closed New Topic New Poll