d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Black On White Hate Crime > Caught On Video
Prev13456744Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11.00
Apr 25 2011 10:15pm
Quote (bentherdonethat @ Apr 26 2011 12:03am)
And she was born as a female with male genitalia. She didn't "simply want" to be a girl. She always was one, and that's something you aren't understanding. No one wakes up and decides "Welp, guess I'm going to be a girl from here on out." It's like being having same/opposite sex attractions. You're attracted to what you're attracted to. You don't consciously decide to become attracted to one sex or the other.

That depends. Are you talking about "sex" in the scientific sense or "sex" in the colloquial sense? Scientifically, yes. Your chromosomes define your sex, while your mind defines your gender. Colloquially, no. It's a "mind over matter" thing. And while you're in the process of transitioning from one physical sex to the other (through a process of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and for some, the actual sex change operation), you live your life as if you've already had the procedure as part of the process. So if she is MTF trans then she is, for all intents and purposes, a female.

How does your mind define your gender? That makes no sense. I know girls who think like guys, and guys who think like girls, but they are all straight. Just because you want to think you are something you aren't doesn't make you that thing. Does something thinking they are a butternut squash make them a butternut squash? NO. Point is, you are born a man, or a woman. You can act however you want, but that's what you are born as. Your mind controls your body, and how you think. Thinking differently doesn't make you a girl. It means you think differently. Stop trying to make the matter what it isn't.
Gold: 2,285.00
Apr 25 2011 10:31pm
Quote (OgreDan @ Apr 26 2011 12:15am)
How does your mind define your gender? That makes no sense. I know girls who think like guys, and guys who think like girls, but they are all straight. Just because you want to think you are something you aren't doesn't make you that thing. Does something thinking they are a butternut squash make them a butternut squash? NO. Point is, you are born a man, or a woman. You can act however you want, but that's what you are born as. Your mind controls your body, and how you think. Thinking differently doesn't make you a girl. It means you think differently. Stop trying to make the matter what it isn't.

Being a tomboy or a ... tomgirl? is that a word? anyway, being feminine or masculine when you're biologically male or female, respectively, isn't the same as being transgendered. When you're transgendered, you KNOW you are supposed to be the opposite sex just like you KNOW you're supposed to be the sex that you are. Medical science is proving that MTF transgendered people's brains are more similar to cisgendered female brains than they are to cisgendered male brains (and FTM transgendered brains are more similar to cisgendered male brains than they are to cisgendered female brains).

If you want to read a bit more into that last point, see http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20032-transsexual-differences-caught-on-brain-scan.html
Apr 25 2011 10:32pm
Quote (bentherdonethat @ Apr 26 2011 12:31am)
Being a tomboy or a ... tomgirl? is that a word? anyway, being feminine or masculine when you're biologically male or female, respectively, isn't the same as being transgendered. When you're transgendered, you KNOW you are supposed to be the opposite sex just like you KNOW you're supposed to be the sex that you are. Medical science is proving that MTF transgendered people's brains are more similar to cisgendered female brains than they are to cisgendered male brains (and FTM transgendered brains are more similar to cisgendered male brains than they are to cisgendered female brains).

If you want to read a bit more into that last point, see http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20032-transsexual-differences-caught-on-brain-scan.html

When you are supposed to be a male, you are born as a male. When you are supposed to be female, you are born as a female. The system worked PRETTY Darn well.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 25 2011 10:45pm
Quote (OgreDan @ Apr 25 2011 08:32pm)
When you are supposed to be a male, you are born as a male. When you are supposed to be female, you are born as a female. The system worked PRETTY Darn well.

Yeah except when you're born with ambiguous genitalia. Then doctors mutilate your genitalia. Then you grow up.

The vast majority of transgender and transsexual people are born with ambiguous genitalia. The community is fighting to outlaw the practice of performing surgery on babies, asking that they be allowed to grow up when they can make the decision for themselves.

And if I recall correctly, doctors didn't even need to notify the parents of children that they had even performed corrective surgery up until the 1970's.

Unfortunately, insurance companies don't offer much for these individuals, since they see it as cosmetic. This means people have to pay out of pocket to have the surgery performed, or go through life stigmatized.

The video posted is the result of society's misunderstanding of people in a very unfortunate position. If anything, we should have unisex bathrooms instead of men/women's bathrooms in public places.
Apr 25 2011 10:58pm
Quote (sylvannos @ Apr 26 2011 12:45am)
Yeah except when you're born with ambiguous genitalia. Then doctors mutilate your genitalia. Then you grow up.

The vast majority of transgender and transsexual people are born with ambiguous genitalia. The community is fighting to outlaw the practice of performing surgery on babies, asking that they be allowed to grow up when they can make the decision for themselves.

And if I recall correctly, doctors didn't even need to notify the parents of children that they had even performed corrective surgery up until the 1970's.

Unfortunately, insurance companies don't offer much for these individuals, since they see it as cosmetic. This means people have to pay out of pocket to have the surgery performed, or go through life stigmatized.

The video posted is the result of society's misunderstanding of people in a very unfortunate position. If anything, we should have unisex bathrooms instead of men/women's bathrooms in public places.

How about not? About the bathrooms that is. I don't think Women are comfortable with strange men around them while they go to the bathroom, etc etc, and I don't think men are either.

As for babies born as transgendered, I did think about them. I DO agree that babies born as transgendered should be able to pick for themselves, but that really is a tricky subject as well. But if you ARE born as a Man, or a Woman, I believe that's what you are.
Apr 25 2011 11:06pm
Quote (OgreDan @ Apr 25 2011 08:58pm)
How about not? About the bathrooms that is. I don't think Women are comfortable with strange men around them while they go to the bathroom, etc etc, and I don't think men are either.

As for babies born as transgendered, I did think about them. I DO agree that babies born as transgendered should be able to pick for themselves, but that really is a tricky subject as well. But if you ARE born as a Man, or a Woman, I believe that's what you are.

Considering how the women in the video reacted (beating someone instead of asking them to leave or reporting it or whatever), I wouldn't be surprised if they had attacked a person who offended them in some other minor way. That being said, I don't think anyone is all that comfortable having strangers around them in the bathroom. Having been in unisex bathrooms myself, it's not as weird as it sounds. Sure, there's some chick washing her hands in the sink next to you, but people in there are strictly business.

As for babies, then you're on the right page and there's just been a misunderstanding. What we're pointing out is that, even though the woman has a penis, she may be undergoing treatment or corrective surgery. If anything, this is a violation of her rights to use the restroom. It would be like having stairs leading up to the stall and telling someone with no legs it's their problem for not having legs.
Apr 25 2011 11:08pm
Quote (Rhamax @ Apr 26 2011 03:41am)

Well because I don't see anything justifying that beat down other than some sort of underlying hatred.

fear of trannys man, i aint gonna lie i would be weirded out and be like yo wtf? get outta here but beat the fuck outa the person? nah thats fucked, hope they go to prison for sure and get sued
Gold: 12,730.67
Apr 25 2011 11:10pm
Quote (bentherdonethat @ Apr 26 2011 04:03am)
And she was born as a female with male genitalia. She didn't "simply want" to be a girl. She always was one, and that's something you aren't understanding. No one wakes up and decides "Welp, guess I'm going to be a girl from here on out." It's like being having same/opposite sex attractions. You're attracted to what you're attracted to. You don't consciously decide to become attracted to one sex or the other.

That depends. Are you talking about "sex" in the scientific sense or "sex" in the colloquial sense? Scientifically, yes. Your chromosomes define your sex, while your mind defines your gender. Colloquially, no. It's a "mind over matter" thing. And while you're in the process of transitioning from one physical sex to the other (through a process of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and for some, the actual sex change operation), you live your life as if you've already had the procedure as part of the process. So if she is MTF trans then she is, for all intents and purposes, a female.

I guess I'm of the opinion that if you have nuts and a dick, you're a dude. If you have a pussy and tits, you're a chick.
Apr 25 2011 11:11pm
Quote (OgreDan @ Apr 26 2011 04:58am)

If we, as a society, can't use the same bathrooms with persons of different sexes, then we should be embarassed and work on that.

Also, no-one is born transgendered.
Gold: 279.52
Apr 25 2011 11:11pm
Quote (P_Pepa @ Apr 26 2011 05:08am)
fear of trannys man, i aint gonna lie i would be weirded out and be like yo wtf? get outta here but beat the fuck outa the person? nah thats fucked, hope they go to prison for sure and get sued

exactly, they had a grudge or something, especially since they kept coming back.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456744Next
Closed New Topic New Poll