d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The New Axis
Prev13456719Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 20 2024 06:44pm
Quote (Mondain @ Jun 21 2024 01:32am)
China also utilizes slave labor from North Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5LzgKgNNVI

Russia & China use North Koreans as Slave Labor.

Less than 30 millions people country.
Like i posted before: China, NK, or even any sad governement like Russia; all have an ultimate "goal" which is a very "civilized" society where like 80+% of the population are slaves plain and simple.
Why ? Because it guarantee them to keep the power.

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Jun 20 2024 06:45pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 20 2024 06:47pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 20 2024 06:44pm)
There is already growing pushback against China gobbling up Africa, just like Chinese development programs in Africa have largely turned out to be a dud. Their Belt and Road Initiative hasn't been a thumping success story either. Furthermore, the Western bloc is still lightyears ahead of the China/Russia bloc when it comes to naval warfare and intercontinental logistics. In a true war-like scenario, we still unequivocally control the seas and could easily cut off China from the resources of Africa.

The New Axis can let its Houthi attack dogs spite us in the Red Sea right now because we aren't willing to strike back properly; because we don't want the optics of even more dead brown people. But if the West wanted to, it could bomb the Houthis back to the stone age in two weeks max. (It won't take all that much to get them there anyway.) Conversely, the New Axis doesn't have the means to control the seas beyond the South China sea. Yes, China is inching closer to the point where they could break a US-led blockade of the South China Sea with land-based anti-ship missiles, but at worst, that'll allow them to capture Taiwan. They aren't any close to being able to go any further than that.

---------------------------

The true achilles heel of China is their demography. The one-child policy bolstered China's rapid rise since the 1980s, but it also created a tremendously unbalanced population pyramid. As many pundits describe it: "China might be the first country in history which gets old before it gets wealthy." China's GDP per capita in international dollar and adjusted for purchasing power is still less than one third as high as in the US and less than half as high as in the EU. (Keep in mind that the EU contains a lot of economic wasteland in eastern and southeastern Europe).
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.PP.CD?locations=US-CN-EU

So over the coming decades, China will have to keep up its growth without demographic headwinds like in the past, while having to provide for a rapidly escalating number of pensioners, and while struggling with the classic "middle income trap". Furthermore, their one-party rule is very prone to policy mistakes which take far too long to get corrected. As a textbook example, see their zero-covid strategy which caused half the country to sit in super strict lockdowns in late 2022 while the rest of the world had, by that point, already moved on for 8-16 months. And even then, it took multiple huge cities being on the verge of open revolt before the CCP finally gave this policy up.

But this is the point I was getting at, we've been saying for years that China's age bubble and internal fracturing points could balkanize them or otherwise degrade them like how Japan was seen as our big competitor just a few decades ago. But as I was pointing out, the CCP is very cognizant of that potential and has been actively working to secure their future. That's a big reason why they're expanding into Africa and Asia with the belt and road initiative, why they're actively suppressing their minorities and repopulating all the fringes with Han citizenry, why they're pushing their national unity messaging. They want to be ready to expand to use external labor to prop up an empire and stake claim to global resources.

And when the world comes down to this scramble for resources, what could possibly be worse for the west than losing our petrodollar hegemony, and losing access to critical resources in ukraine and africa and asia to being outmaneuvered both militarily and diplomatically, and putting all the major world players into a confederacy against us?
Gold: 20,355.00
Jun 20 2024 07:12pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 20 2024 08:47pm)
But this is the point I was getting at, we've been saying for years that China's age bubble and internal fracturing points could balkanize them or otherwise degrade them like how Japan was seen as our big competitor just a few decades ago. But as I was pointing out, the CCP is very cognizant of that potential and has been actively working to secure their future. That's a big reason why they're expanding into Africa and Asia with the belt and road initiative, why they're actively suppressing their minorities and repopulating all the fringes with Han citizenry, why they're pushing their national unity messaging. They want to be ready to expand to use external labor to prop up an empire and stake claim to global resources.

And when the world comes down to this scramble for resources, what could possibly be worse for the west than losing our petrodollar hegemony, and losing access to critical resources in ukraine and africa and asia to being outmaneuvered both militarily and diplomatically, and putting all the major world players into a confederacy against us?

There's a real economic battle going on for Africa right now in real time and we're woefully behind. For example, Congo is a huge supplier cobalt to the tune of 70% of global supply, which is a critical component of EV's (guess who has billions invested in joint ventures there?). China is positioning itself to be Japan or Germany 2.0, as the industrial center of the world, not in just cheap electronics and plastics but in things like EV's, battery tech, solar panels, etc. Japan had a pretty long runway of shit demographics since the 70s while somehow still churning out productivity and keeping their populace happy, even today they still have shit demographics but high tech productivity is making up for it. China may have a similar future if they're the global supplier of the future world that's going to be increasingly electrified.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jun 20 2024 07:14pm
Jun 20 2024 07:50pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 20 2024 08:12pm)
There's a real economic battle going on for Africa right now in real time and we're woefully behind. For example, Congo is a huge supplier cobalt to the tune of 70% of global supply, which is a critical component of EV's (guess who has billions invested in joint ventures there?). China is positioning itself to be Japan or Germany 2.0, as the industrial center of the world, not in just cheap electronics and plastics but in things like EV's, battery tech, solar panels, etc. Japan had a pretty long runway of shit demographics since the 70s while somehow still churning out productivity and keeping their populace happy, even today they still have shit demographics but high tech productivity is making up for it. China may have a similar future if they're the global supplier of the future world that's going to be increasingly electrified.

I mean there's still technical caveats like if cobalt and lithium will lose value when/if EVs got replaced with breakthroughs in solid states or other formulations. But they can make pretty good guesses on what minerals will be in use either way
Gold: 20.66
Jun 21 2024 12:07am
Oh noes… other countries have power to fight back.
I’m so scared.
Gold: 5.00
Jun 21 2024 03:11am
This shouldn't come as a huge surprise. Russia has been bolstering their artic ports and passageways, and advancing their NK relations for a long time. Seems just the public optic tit for tat with US formally greenlight proxy hits into RU using US weapons.

That being said, I'm still baffled why the US hasn't gotten its wartime supply lines sorted out. For example, MN and Great Lakes region is known for extraction and production of metals. In recent years, huge deposits of copper nickel surveyed and companies given executive branch override to much of the environmental components. Here we are, 2024 and mining and production still not ramping up. This industry was key to WW era
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 21 2024 03:26am
Interesting circuit boards vs coal briquettes

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41228181
Jun 21 2024 03:38am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ Jun 21 2024 04:11am)
This shouldn't come as a huge surprise. Russia has been bolstering their artic ports and passageways, and advancing their NK relations for a long time. Seems just the public optic tit for tat with US formally greenlight proxy hits into RU using US weapons.

That being said, I'm still baffled why the US hasn't gotten its wartime supply lines sorted out. For example, MN and Great Lakes region is known for extraction and production of metals. In recent years, huge deposits of copper nickel surveyed and companies given executive branch override to much of the environmental components. Here we are, 2024 and mining and production still not ramping up. This industry was key to WW era

Excuse me but are you trying to, let me check the list,
[x] Poison our precious canoeing areas (99.9% of which is uninhabited and untouched wetlands/forests, just look at a map)
[x] Destroy our sacred native grounds somewhere far away (which they moved into more recently than the white settlers)
[x] Fuel global warming (because its somehow not zero sum)
[x] Something something diversity inclusion equity man I lost track at this point what the fuck I swear after they made legalizing pot a race-based thing (LOL) I have no idea

I used to say that if the Twin Metals Mine ever actually got built, some of the young men who worked in it would have been born after the permit process began
Even if Trump wins and overturns the Biden moratorium from last year its still going to ping pong so indefinitely that I think if it ever does get built and staffed, it will be by the grandchildren of the men born after the permit process began lmao
Gold: 5.00
Jun 21 2024 03:55am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 21 2024 04:38am)
Excuse me but are you trying to, let me check the list,
[x] Poison our precious canoeing areas (99.9% of which is uninhabited and untouched wetlands/forests, just look at a map)
[x] Destroy our sacred native grounds somewhere far away (which they moved into more recently than the white settlers)
[x] Fuel global warming (because its somehow not zero sum)
[x] Something something diversity inclusion equity man I lost track at this point what the fuck I swear after they made legalizing pot a race-based thing (LOL) I have no idea

I used to say that if the Twin Metals Mine ever actually got built, some of the young men who worked in it would have been born after the permit process began
Even if Trump wins and overturns the Biden moratorium from last year its still going to ping pong so indefinitely that I think if it ever does get built and staffed, it will be by the grandchildren of the men born after the permit process began lmao

I agree on the timeline. My son's are theirs will see the boom we are trying to get past review process. With the percent deposits in the surveys, it's gonna get mined at some point. Talon in tamarack for EVs. Now some surveying Michigan UP. Just need cities 'save the planet' folks stay home in Edina

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on Jun 21 2024 03:55am
Jun 21 2024 04:12am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ Jun 21 2024 04:55am)
I agree on the timeline. My son's are theirs will see the boom we are trying to get past review process. With the percent deposits in the surveys, it's gonna get mined at some point. Talon in tamarack for EVs. Now some surveying Michigan UP. Just need cities 'save the planet' folks stay home in Edina

I thought the plan was for yoopers to become a service sector underclass dedicated to pampering the folks who drove north for the weekend, they just need more charging ports for teslas
That's how a long term functional economy thrives, the city folk get jobs as mid level managers or bankers or other nonproductive roles, the rust belt rural folks exist solely to service them on vacation, the farms are run by a single megacorporation with a workforce entirely compromised of robots and 20 illegal aliens living in a single room house together, and all the production and resources are purchased from folks overseas who want to kill us.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456719Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll