d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1398399400401402983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
May 20 2020 09:08am
Quote (excellence @ May 20 2020 10:05am)
okay gotcha. yeah i always put zero under deductions since i started working it’s kept things simple

states are different when it comes to this. Fla and Tx you get absolutely slapped with property taxes but there is no state income tax. either way they get theirs lmao

The thing I like about that option is, the tax money stays local in these cases, since property taxes go to either the municipality, or to the county. It doesn't have to go to the state first to then be handed back out.
Gold: 2,504.69
May 20 2020 09:14am
Quote (Skinned @ May 20 2020 10:04am)
Yep we pay a lot. Price for quality of life. My wife and i did nothing but grind for ten years, improve ourselves, and delay gratification until now.

My house is dope. The township is expensive but one of the top areas in the city. Older first generation suburb with a lot of space near city core bordering a state park, garbage will pick up anything, everything is clean, i have a nice 20 x 40 heated pool with pool house, my bed room has a giant solarium for all my plants, have a nice home office to work from, second living room and kitchen for kids, tool room and large garage. I have about half acre of my lot fenced in for my dogs to run. Also, we are in the city still and not far from anything. The previous person who lived here a did not lock the doors for 3 years. I want to die here.

I'll take all this over a cheap dirt patch in the country ;) I am going to buy one of those but it will be to develop private camping/fishing area.

Yes it is expensive to live in a great place in America. I don't think I'm getting fucked. I would rather drive to rural America and work on their problems and drive home away from crushing rural poverty, and all the suboxone and pot holes rural Ohio has to offer.

I am very fortunate actually.

ive got all of that except the pool on my cheap dirt patch :P
Gold: 57.00
May 20 2020 09:36am
Quote (Skinned @ 20 May 2020 11:07)
Ohio is balanced if anything. And yeah inwas referring to myself.

When i was a single parent working in a deli i was claiming as many as possible on that 200 dollar a week pay check, and still getting a return.

It's amazing what college will do for you.

it kinda amazes me that we get the freedom to say no take this amount vs that amount up front. i think if they didnt auto-deduct taxes and everyone had to write a check each quarter we’d demand more accountability in govt at all levels

Quote (Surfpunk @ 20 May 2020 11:08)
The thing I like about that option is, the tax money stays local in these cases, since property taxes go to either the municipality, or to the county. It doesn't have to go to the state first to then be handed back out.

yeah I don’t disagree. the further away tax dollars go from the source the higher chance of waste and underutilization. best to keep it as local as possible like you said

This post was edited by excellence on May 20 2020 09:37am
Gold: 3,100.00
May 20 2020 10:07am
You’ll don’t wanna see Jersey property taxes.
Gold: 6,061.70
May 20 2020 10:15am
Quote (theCrossbones @ May 20 2020 04:03am)
You call yourself independent, yet I've only ever seen you toeing the GOP/Trump line in here. How many of Bush's IGs that Obama fired were done so for investigating Obama Administration officials? If you think I only support the wealthy and privileged (NEWS ALERT: Trump IS wealthy and privileged), then you're willfully blind. I'm not a Democrat. I haven't voted for a Democrat for president in over 25 years. You say you favor the poor and disadvantaged, yet you shill for a man who shits on them at every turn. You, independent?

As this is the only portion of your post that's in any way factual or relevant, it's all I'll address:

1. Bullshit "investigations" by Obama-era officials in an attempt to discredit Trump or any of his supporters do not interest me. We've had 3.5 years of that shit, and it all comes to nothing more than a bunch of wasted time and money. If all that's required to "prevent" a duly elected President from having the staff they choose is to "claim investigation" then let's just go ahead and stop pretending that the executive branch is led by the President in any way, shape, or form, yes?

2. Of course Trump is wealthy and privileged. Who said he wasn't? Who even hinted he wasn't? Under his administration, Federal land grabs, federal taxes among all but the wealthiest, federal interference in state issues have all been minimized. These are things that benefit the underclass.

3. There's a difference between "shilling" and calling out the bullshit of Never-Trumpers like you. You keep making claims that are senseless and false and expecting everyone to believe them. Sorry, I have no interest in participating in your fairy tale land. When Trump does or says something stupid, I call him on it. But not here in PaRD. Why? There's always a dogpile of people like you jumping on it. I don't need confirmation bias, nor do I need to provide it.

The moment I see you acknowledge one positive thing about Trump's administration I'm gonna Shart. You appear to exist in a bubble of absolutes, and quite frankly, the kind of intellectual laziness required to accomplish that is rather extreme.
Gold: 2,617.52
May 20 2020 11:31am
Quote (thundercock @ May 20 2020 03:11am)
Susan Collins, who wrote the Inspector General Reform Act of 2008, disagrees with you. So no, I am not lying.
https://twitter.com/SenatorCollins/status/1261842282917003265

You can read more about it here:
https://www.lawfareblog.com/legal-issues-implicated-trumps-firing-state-department-inspector-general

You definitely can't fire an IG for "any reason under the sun." That's most certainly false. Ultimately, it's up to Congress to investigate this matter and provide oversight. If it's as simple as Trump losing confidence in his IG due to him being bad at his job and nothing more, that should be sufficient. We should let the investigation (if any) play out.

Another link: https://www.lawfareblog.com/how-legally-and-illegally-fire-inspectors-general

Obama Removed Eric Holder because he Was about to go to jail.
Gold: 12,730.67
May 20 2020 12:04pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ May 20 2020 10:31am)

That may be, but Holder was AG and not an IG.
Gold: 57.00
May 20 2020 01:25pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ 20 May 2020 13:31)

Obama removed his wing man Holder to protect him. JFK made his own brother AG in a display of consolidation of power since he knew what forces he’d be facing off against

But Trump dimissing a holdover from the prior admin is the issue of all the times lmao
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
May 20 2020 01:32pm

completely random timing of course, what's the big deal, right?
Gold: 6,061.70
May 20 2020 03:00pm
Quote (fender @ May 20 2020 12:32pm)
https://i.imgur.com/LsqQH9O.png

completely random timing of course, what's the big deal, right?

So an OpEd that says stuff that has no backing in evidence whatsoever is your go-to?

But let's say it's true: Would the State department selling weapons to another nation be a waste, misuse, or fraudulent use of State Department resources? Short answer: No. If the state department profits off the deal, foreign policy is achieved, and if the arms are not being sold to enemies of the United States, there's nothing there. But it's all immaterial. Tweets that attempt to cite OpEds as reliable sources tend to go nowhere. :)

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on May 20 2020 03:01pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1398399400401402983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll