d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev13973983994004013169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 431.00
Jun 2 2016 06:48am
Quote (Thor123422 @ 2 Jun 2016 01:53)
Yeah, while we're at it lets stop enforcing FDA regulations. If you can't sniff out which drugs are pure morphine you deserve it anyway.

Let me put it another way - these businesspeople enrolled at a Trump-brand business school didn't buy any book, service, or good from Trump that they wouldn't have just used their extra dollars on elsewhere. He just gave these guys who've probably never started businesses in their lives a valuable lesson in commerce that didn't harm their bodies or anything but their incomes and feels, probably. I hope his fraud did not crush too many dreams but then again there's nothing wrong with being a janitor or working at a video game store.

This post was edited by general_patton on Jun 2 2016 06:50am
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 2 2016 08:23am
Quote (general_patton @ Jun 2 2016 04:48am)
Let me put it another way - these businesspeople enrolled at a Trump-brand business school didn't buy any book, service, or good from Trump that they wouldn't have just used their extra dollars on elsewhere. He just gave these guys who've probably never started businesses in their lives a valuable lesson in commerce that didn't harm their bodies or anything but their incomes and feels, probably. I hope his fraud did not crush too many dreams but then again there's nothing wrong with being a janitor or working at a video game store.

Consumer Scam:
A deceptive sale of goods or services to a consumer designed to extract money unreasonably excessive given the services rendered or goods provided, if any.

Convincing people that maxing out their credit cards for a couple of days of "education" that will “teach you better than the best business school” could easily be considered a consumer scam

They were promised hand selected instructors which of course they weren't and some had no real estate experience whatsoever and claiming such things as "market proofing your financial future"

The argument is where is the line drawn between stay at home schemes that cost a small amount of money and fail and larger destined to fail schemes like what Trump did

I would say that line is easily drawn at people being preyed upon by those offering an education that was not worth maxed out credit cards and empty savings accounts.

We all have watched Trump talk and sell his brand for how long?

Of course he greatly exaggerated everything about Trump University the problem here is that he just wasn't taking advantage of uniformed and desperate people for their votes like he is now he was taking advantage of them for ridiculous amounts of money for a shitty education that he greatly over valued

This post was edited by Beowulf on Jun 2 2016 08:31am
Jun 2 2016 08:42am
Quote (Beowulf @ 2 Jun 2016 09:23)
Convincing people that maxing out their credit cards for a couple of days of "education" that will “teach you better than the best business school” could easily be considered a consumer scam

They were promised hand selected instructors which of course they weren't and some had no real estate experience whatsoever and claiming such things as "market proofing your financial future"

The argument is where is the line drawn between stay at home schemes that cost a small amount of money and fail and larger destined to fail schemes like what Trump did

I would say that line is easily drawn at people being preyed upon by those offering an education that was not worth maxed out credit cards and empty savings accounts.

We all have watched Trump talk and sell his brand for how long?

Of course he greatly exaggerated everything about Trump University the problem here is that he just wasn't taking advantage of uniformed and desperate people for their votes like he is now he was taking advantage of them for ridiculous amounts of money for a shitty education that he greatly oversold

Oh I agree entirely, it's definitely a scam. But it's only a scam for people who have a nickel-and-dime limited mindset. You honestly think Trump gives a fuck about spending money that much? Small-minded people who never fully internalized the idea that if you want to make a ten million dollar company, you better plan and work extremely hard for a 100 million dollar company. These people who feel entitled to success and don't realize that if they're pissed off and can't fully figure out why, they actually got their full money's worth and not a penny more from Trump University in the shape of a big middle finger straight to the ego.

That's a better lesson on how the world actually works than 99% of the silly woo-tastic make a business nonsense you see pumped out on a daily basis by deranged narcissists on those extremely smug "motivational" Ted Talks.

Also, probably 80% of the higher education system is exactly the same. It's highway robbery designed to fuck the poor. Trump did these guys a favor not fucking them out of four years in what he could teach in a couple days.

RE - bold: The line is pretty much drawn by how discerning and business-minded the individual is in accepting a calculated risk.

For instance, if you have no money, why would anybody think it's smart to work in flipping real estate? It's stupid to quit your day job if you're broke.

Just buy a website for 60-100 bucks a year, blog and release content on it frequently, reach a niche of some kind - any kind, market on twitter/instagram/facebook and try to deliver perspective or information on something to an audience that nobody else has ever thought to provide. Bare your soul and build your own brand just like Donald Trump.

I guarantee if you don't quit your day job and work hard for years to build a core group of viewers and listeners for 5 or even 10 years, they will start throwing money at you some day. They'll tell their friends and probably buy extra copies of whatever and hand them out. When that time is ready all you gotta do is ask nicely and provide a product that enriches their lives. How do you think Joe Rogen got his start? Nobody handed him a microphone and demanded he do anything, he just felt like doing podcasts himself. The free market is far freer than it has been in decades.

This post was edited by general_patton on Jun 2 2016 08:46am
Gold: 285.00
Jun 2 2016 08:56am
Quote (general_patton @ Jun 2 2016 09:42am)
Oh I agree entirely, it's definitely a scam. But it's only a scam for people who have a nickel-and-dime limited mindset. You honestly think Trump gives a fuck about spending money that much? Small-minded people who never fully internalized the idea that if you want to make a ten million dollar company, you better plan and work extremely hard for a 100 million dollar company. These people who feel entitled to success and don't realize that if they're pissed off and can't fully figure out why, they actually got their full money's worth and not a penny more from Trump University in the shape of a big middle finger straight to the ego.

That's a better lesson on how the world actually works than 99% of the silly woo-tastic make a business nonsense you see pumped out on a daily basis by deranged narcissists on those extremely smug "motivational" Ted Talks.

Also, probably 80% of the higher education system is exactly the same. It's highway robbery designed to fuck the poor. Trump did these guys a favor not fucking them out of four years in what he could teach in a couple days.

RE - bold: The line is pretty much drawn by how discerning and business-minded the individual is in accepting a calculated risk.

For instance, if you have no money, why would anybody think it's smart to work in flipping real estate? It's stupid to quit your day job if you're broke.

Just buy a website for 60-100 bucks a year, blog and release content on it frequently, reach a niche of some kind - any kind, market on twitter/instagram/facebook and try to deliver perspective or information on something to an audience that nobody else has ever thought to provide. Bare your soul and build your own brand just like Donald Trump.

I guarantee if you don't quit your day job and work hard for years to build a core group of viewers and listeners for 5 or even 10 years, they will start throwing money at you some day. They'll tell their friends and probably buy extra copies of whatever and hand them out. When that time is ready all you gotta do is ask nicely and provide a product that enriches their lives. How do you think Joe Rogen got his start? Nobody handed him a microphone and demanded he do anything, he just felt like doing podcasts himself. The free market is far freer than it has been in decades.

Our own Churchgirl is now blazing down the path of youtube stardom :lol:

Some of those people get paid for it and do alright.

If I was an extrovert or liked being on camera....

But then you get the anti-vaxxor stuff coming out of the self-appointed experts on youtube. Or somebody who took a gender studies class and got offended by the vernacular.

My wife watched Jenna Marbles and she was pretty funny. She is young enough to have grown up with youtube and the internet....I was a late teenager when AOL dropped :D

If they had things like Tindr then omg....with the vitality and vivaciousness of that generation compared to hers....it would have been bad.
Jun 2 2016 09:00am
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 2 2016 06:56am)

If they had things like Tindr then omg....with the vitality and vivaciousness of that generation compared to hers....it would have been bad.

I prefer the days before you chose women off cyber menus

I'm very thankful my young, dumb, and fun years were before highspeed internet
Jun 2 2016 09:05am
Quote (Skinned @ 2 Jun 2016 09:56)
Our own Churchgirl is now blazing down the path of youtube stardom :lol:

Some of those people get paid for it and do alright.

If I was an extrovert or liked being on camera....

But then you get the anti-vaxxor stuff coming out of the self-appointed experts on youtube. Or somebody who took a gender studies class and got offended by the vernacular.

My wife watched Jenna Marbles and she was pretty funny. She is young enough to have grown up with youtube and the internet....I was a late teenager when AOL dropped :D

For real man, the internet/youtube model is frankly amazing and probably the only way for the common man to destroy unethical businesses and steal customers from them.

If any women are reading this and want to make potentially big Adsense money on Youtube, just do makeup and hair tutorial videos. That market is nowhere near saturated yet and won't be for a good while.

Bolded: Tindr is something else entirely. If it was around in the 60s/70s for instance the US would have been just a nonstop orgy. The whole free love revolution would have been over six months of unprotected rawdogging if everybody had phones back then haha. Nowadays it seems everybody is too tired to want to hit up my Tindr profile.

This post was edited by general_patton on Jun 2 2016 09:22am
Gold: 285.00
Jun 2 2016 11:45am
Quote (general_patton @ Jun 2 2016 10:05am)
For real man, the internet/youtube model is frankly amazing and probably the only way for the common man to destroy unethical businesses and steal customers from them.

If any women are reading this and want to make potentially big Adsense money on Youtube, just do makeup and hair tutorial videos. That market is nowhere near saturated yet and won't be for a good while.

Bolded: Tindr is something else entirely. If it was around in the 60s/70s for instance the US would have been just a nonstop orgy. The whole free love revolution would have been over six months of unprotected rawdogging if everybody had phones back then haha. Nowadays it seems everybody is too tired to want to hit up my Tindr profile.

The decentralization of the means of production has already happened with music to a degree. It has opened wide up.

The last barrier is the concept of intellectual property and their insistence they can owns thoughts, ideas, and even chemical interactions.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 2 2016 01:10pm
"As president I will make sure that we finally have the kind of border security that we need. Employers have to be held accountable. When we do those things, we can take the illegal aliens who are here, get them out of the shadows, make sure that they are subject to a stiff penalty, make sure that they’re learning English and go to the back of the line so they’re not getting an advantage over people who came here legally."

sounds good, no?
Jun 2 2016 01:11pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 2 2016 11:10am)
"As president I will make sure that we finally have the kind of border security that we need. Employers have to be held accountable. When we do those things, we can take the illegal aliens who are here, get them out of the shadows, make sure that they are subject to a stiff penalty, make sure that they’re learning English and go to the back of the line so they’re not getting an advantage over people who came here legally."

sounds good, no?

such as?
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 2 2016 01:27pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 2 2016 01:10pm)

sounds good, no?

Sounds incredibly expensive. sounds like something that will hit all of our pockets, detract from other public works, negatively affect latino neighborhoods, and create a very small net gain of jobs for americans. Joe isn't marching down to the apple orchard to apply once Jose gets deported.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13973983994004013169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll