d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1395396397398399983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,620.00
May 19 2020 10:11pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 19 May 2020 21:11)
https://www.theblaze.com/news/minnesota-imam-ilhan-omar-fraudulently-raised-cash

Sounds like there's more to the story about Ilhan Omar soliciting campaign donations by falsely pushing a charity
A couple weeks ago Ilhan Omar tweeted she was "partnering" with MNFoodShare and posted a link to an ActBlue fundraiser, which went straight to her campaign account
Then MNFoodShare's executive director tweeted in response Ilhan Omar had nothing to do with the project and they don't know where the money was going.
Omar deleted the tweet under fire, then later agree to fork over her donations, while accusing everyone who called her out of being islamophobic several times

Now there's one more voice blowing the whistle: Imam Tawakal, who runs Darul Hadiith, a partner in the foodshare program and major donor.
Tawakal confirms that MNFoodShare had an explicit no-politics requirement and forbade political campaigns from joining. He had a contract at Safari restaurant to distribute meals to seniors and disabled individuals- explicitly telling the owner no videos or pictures or political events- when Ilhan Omar showed up in person. The Imam told Ilhan Omar at the restaurant they didn't want politicians around or any video or pictures, and Omar tried to get video of the event from the restaurant asking them to allow it without the Imam's knowledge. He walked in on Omar's top aid trying to get the video and argued with him and explicitly told both Omar's campaign and the restaurant that their charity was not for political purposes.
Then the next day, Ilhan Omar posted video of herself at that charity event to her facebook page
And the day after that, she tweeted a 'fundraiser' link to her own campaign account on ActBlue with no connection to the charity

https://i.imgur.com/KRKtOws.png

so basically she strong armed an apolitical charity and shot video of them to use for her own political campaign against their rules, then illegally solicited donations falsely claiming they were partners but it was really going directly to her campaign, and when she got caught she just refunded it and pretended nothing ever happened

I just read into this story and her previous campaign finance violations. It looks pretty bad and scummy.
Gold: 6,061.70
May 19 2020 10:16pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ May 19 2020 08:57pm)
Oh look, another IG getting sacked, and one who was also investigating an department head. There's a pattern here.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/trump-removed-watchdog-investigating-elaine-chao-mcconnell-vetted-replacement/

Another Obama appointee trying to point fingers and getting the axe. Frankly, I think Trump should fire the rest BEFORE they point fingers. See how more extreme your responses are. "Imagine what they would have dug up if they'd had the chance!"

They're executive branch employees. The "watchdog" is called Congress. Ignorant shit.
Gold: 260.11
May 19 2020 10:23pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ May 19 2020 10:57pm)
Oh look, another IG getting sacked, and one who was also investigating an department head. There's a pattern here.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/trump-removed-watchdog-investigating-elaine-chao-mcconnell-vetted-replacement/

This is what happens when blatant corruption isn't held accountable. Some will say "it doesn't rise to the level of removal" and the boundaries will be pushed as it becomes clear there is no threat of removal.
Gold: 2,620.00
May 19 2020 10:24pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ 19 May 2020 21:57)

"It is incumbent upon Congress, the public, and the good government community not to let President Trump get away with it yet again."

Spoiler Alert: He gets away with it again because his supporters do not know about this or care.

Trump is one of the most blatantly corrupt presidents this country has ever had. He doesn't even pretend to care about checks and balances or oversight.
May 19 2020 10:30pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ May 19 2020 11:24pm)
"It is incumbent upon Congress, the public, and the good government community not to let President Trump get away with it yet again."

Spoiler Alert: He gets away with it again because his supporters do not know about this or care.

Trump is one of the most blatantly corrupt presidents this country has ever had. He doesn't even pretend to care about checks and balances or oversight.

Why would ge care? He was just told by the majority party that he isn't going to be held accountable.

This is what happens when you hold your leaders to a lax standard. Conservatives think leaders should be able to get away with more because they are authorities. The higher the office the less accountability, with God being fundamentally unaccountable to anybody.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on May 19 2020 10:35pm
Gold: 0.00
May 19 2020 10:34pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ May 19 2020 11:16pm)
Another Obama appointee trying to point fingers and getting the axe. Frankly, I think Trump should fire the rest BEFORE they point fingers. See how more extreme your responses are. "Imagine what they would have dug up if they'd had the chance!"

They're executive branch employees. The "watchdog" is called Congress. Ignorant shit.

OK, shill.

Guess who gets to vet the replacement? The husband of the person being investigated.

But nothing to see here, because shills gonna shill.
May 19 2020 10:35pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ May 19 2020 11:34pm)
OK, shill.

Guess who gets to vet the replacement? The husband of the person being investigated.

Bob was easily the fastest person to move from my list of unknown people to Trump Cultist
Gold: 266.37
May 19 2020 10:43pm
Quote (thundercock @ May 20 2020 12:08am)
See, I think libertarians value the IG's office more than anything because they want a government that is efficient as possible. This is pretty disgraceful and it's getting to the point where I'd support the next administration prosecuting people.

IGs play a valuable role, we should all value them. But I don't see how this isn't the express prerogative of Trump to do. He is the head of the executive branch.
Gold: 6,061.70
May 19 2020 10:47pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ May 19 2020 09:34pm)
OK, shill.

Worked for Obama when all the Bush-era bureaucrats were fired. Didn't see me complaining then.

It's highly transparent that you're complaining now. Democrats lost 2016. They lost their power. That doesn't mean they still have power in the executive branch. That means they don't. None. Natta. Get the fuck out.

This is the best part about being independent. Watching the two sides go and dogfight each other, and calling out the side that's so out of line that it's clear they don't care about the country, the law, or even the politics, only power.

I respect Trump, but also will be the first to call him out as asshole. I don't think he should have been President, or involved in politics. But I think someone like him was NEEDED. The slap in the face of arrogant upper clansmen who believed that they had established a dictatorship-oligarchy where they could dictate the lives of 90% of the country is fucked up.

You've never been on the short side. That's what I argue in favor of. You show your bias every post. I show mine. I favor the poor and disadvantaged. You show the wealthy and privileged. Every action by Trump helps those I represent. Every action by Trump that helps those I represent harms you. You've had it great by taking advantage of other people. What happens when true equality of opportunity thrives?
Gold: 14,569.69
May 19 2020 10:53pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ May 19 2020 09:47pm)
Worked for Obama when all the Bush-era bureaucrats were fired. Didn't see me complaining then.

It's highly transparent that you're complaining now. Democrats lost 2016. They lost their power. That doesn't mean they still have power in the executive branch. That means they don't. None. Natta. Get the fuck out.

This is the best part about being independent. Watching the two sides go and dogfight each other, and calling out the side that's so out of line that it's clear they don't care about the country, the law, or even the politics, only power.

I respect Trump, but also will be the first to call him out as asshole. I don't think he should have been President, or involved in politics. But I think someone like him was NEEDED. The slap in the face of arrogant upper clansmen who believed that they had established a dictatorship-oligarchy where they could dictate the lives of 90% of the country is fucked up.

You've never been on the short side. That's what I argue in favor of. You show your bias every post. I show mine. I favor the poor and disadvantaged. You show the wealthy and privileged. Every action by Trump helps those I represent. Every action by Trump that helps those I represent harms you. You've had it great by taking advantage of other people. What happens when true equality of opportunity thrives?

LOL WHAT HAHAHA
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1395396397398399983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll