d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1391439153916391739185001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 27 2020 11:33am
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 27 2020 01:20pm)
I think you suffer from white fragility...you shouldn't feel threatened at all by this.

LOL, I'm not. But then again, I'm not at the "going to college" age either. ^^

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 27 2020 11:36am
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 27 2020 04:25pm
Gold: 260.11
Jul 27 2020 04:40pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 27 2020 05:25pm)

I generally don't care about this discrepancy, because I see one as an actual important thing to do (protest against government brutality) and the other as less important (routine church service). One is imperative to do, and the other is a matter of routine life that isn't time or issue bound.

I also don't see a single mask in the left, but see all but one person wearing a mask on the right, so that's another difference.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 27 2020 04:52pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 28 Jul 2020 00:40)
I generally don't care about this discrepancy, because I see one as an actual important thing to do (protest against government brutality) and the other as less important (routine church service). One is imperative to do, and the other is a matter of routine life that isn't time or issue bound.

I also don't see a single mask in the left, but see all but one person wearing a mask on the right, so that's another difference.

I hope you realize that all health guidelines are very clear on this: masks are important, but they are not able to replace social distancing. Standing in a tight crowd next to the same people for several hours runs a big risk of spreading the virus, even with masks.
Also, who says that protests against government brutality couldnt be pulled off with proper social distancing?

And also keep in mind that these health risks mentioned in the headline on the left were used to justify various measures that came with unprecedented restrictions of basic civil and constitutional rights, caused economic damage in the trillions and destroyed millions, probably tens of millions of livelihoods. Given the gravity of the situation, liberals are making it very easy on themselves when they brush all these considerations - whose necessity they stressed whenever conservative causes were concerned - aside as soon as it's about one of "their" causes.

The issue here is not the fact that this religious concert was criticized for a lack of social distancing and abiding by the corona rules - the issue lies with the willingness of liberals, exemplified here by CNN, to make excuses for a violation of these same rules whenever they're broken by their side.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 27 2020 04:53pm
Gold: 57.00
Jul 27 2020 04:57pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 27 Jul 2020 18:25)

the one on the left looks like a peaceful protest, not sure what cnn has against it
Gold: 285.00
Jul 27 2020 05:14pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 27 2020 06:52pm)
I hope you realize that all health guidelines are very clear on this: masks are important, but they are not able to replace social distancing. Standing in a tight crowd next to the same people for several hours runs a big risk of spreading the virus, even with masks.
Also, who says that protests against government brutality couldnt be pulled off with proper social distancing?

And also keep in mind that these health risks mentioned in the headline on the left were used to justify various measures that came with unprecedented restrictions of basic civil and constitutional rights, caused economic damage in the trillions and destroyed millions, probably tens of millions of livelihoods. Given the gravity of the situation, liberals are making it very easy on themselves when they brush all these considerations - whose necessity they stressed whenever conservative causes were concerned - aside as soon as it's about one of "their" causes.

The issue here is not the fact that this religious concert was criticized for a lack of social distancing and abiding by the corona rules - the issue lies with the willingness of liberals, exemplified here by CNN, to make excuses for a violation of these same rules whenever they're broken by their side.

"Condoms aren't 100% effective so its okay if you don't wear a condom if you pour whiskey on your dick afterwards."
Jul 27 2020 05:14pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 27 2020 05:52pm)

If you google "CNN covid social distancing" you'll find several stories with quotes from medical professionals about the concerns of spread due to lack of social distancing. The story in reference is just an update story with a list of cities where protests are still happening. You're basically the creationist asking why evolution doesn't explain gravity after just reading the chapter title. That wasn't within the scope of that particular story.

Meanwhile you're ignoring that one side is actually taking precautions, and the other side clearly isn't, at least according to the posted pictures.

I also found a story where a pre-publication paper concluded that protests haven't necessarily increased covid spread. https://www.nber.org/papers/w27408.pdf

So it's hardly as cut and dry as you are making it.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Jul 27 2020 05:14pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 27 2020 05:54pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 28 Jul 2020 00:25)

no mask || mask
concert || protest against police brutality and racial discrimination

not surprised to see you trying to push your science denier propaganda while simultaneously attacking the media, as your cult leader commands, but those two pictures document vastly different events, so it makes sense to have different takes on them.
Gold: 526.37
Jul 27 2020 06:24pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jul 27 2020 06:40pm)

They're equally important from a constitutional point of view.

In any case, they're both subjective. You don't think the religious event is important. Many others think that the BLM protests are predicated on false grounds. CNN is making the argument that this virus is so dangerous that normal constitutional liberties need to be suspended, it just so happens not the ones they support.

Jul 27 2020 06:57pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Jul 27 2020 07:24pm)
They're equally important from a constitutional point of view.

In any case, they're both subjective. You don't think the religious event is important. Many others think that the BLM protests are predicated on false grounds. CNN is making the argument that this virus is so dangerous that normal constitutional liberties need to be suspended, it just so happens not the ones they support.

The courts have routinely upheld that certain rights require a greater interest to violate.

Losing the right to routine Gatherings for church services is a lesser right because it is not fundamentally losing the right to freedom of religion or freedom of assembly

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Jul 27 2020 06:57pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1391439153916391739185001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll