d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev13893903913923933169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 31 2016 11:54pm
The details of the scam commonly referred to as Trump University are coming out a bit earlier than I would prefer but it's good to see that Don the Con's snake oil selling playbook will be available to the public so that we can try to minimize victims of similar scams in the future.

It's odd that self described/alleged billionaire Trump would use his name to scam the elderly, uneducated, and desperate for their savings and convince them to max out their credit cards for amounts that would seem like nothing to a billionaire

Gold: 431.00
Jun 1 2016 01:27am
I don't really know why anybody considers Trump University a scam.

They bought it on his brand name. They wanted to gamble on possibly networking and impressing a high powered industry contact. That's a potential opportunity that's hard to turn down and merits a lot of consideration.

So what if only 1-5% of people could effectively get Trump's attention?
Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 1 2016 03:31am
I really can't stand it when racist demagogues get up and say legal immigrants should get kicked out of the country just because of the color of their skin or religion and then claim we have some national white cultural pride to maintain
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/europes-border-crisis/dalai-lama-thinks-europe-has-let-too-many-refugees-n583701
Gold: 3.33
Jun 1 2016 11:22am
Trump is a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator
Gold: 40.42
Jun 1 2016 11:35am
Quote (Goomshill @ 1 Jun 2016 01:31)
I really can't stand it when racist demagogues get up and say legal immigrants should get kicked out of the country just because of the color of their skin or religion and then claim we have some national white cultural pride to maintain
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/europes-border-crisis/dalai-lama-thinks-europe-has-let-too-many-refugees-n583701

Surely not racist separatist talk from the Dalai Lama, no, no, it couldn't be, that's so shocking.
Gold: 109.01
Jun 1 2016 11:35am
Quote (general_patton @ Jun 1 2016 02:27am)
I don't really know why anybody considers Trump University a scam.

They bought it on his brand name. They wanted to gamble on possibly networking and impressing a high powered industry contact. That's a potential opportunity that's hard to turn down and merits a lot of consideration.

So what if only 1-5% of people could effectively get Trump's attention?

I agree

The majority of "students " we're happy with the classes, some had buyers remorse, that's the way it goes for any workshop. Some folks don't have realistic expectations on the outcome. In the end a minor percent of consenting adults paid for a legal education service. So what if 100% of them were not satisfied that part is irrelevant, that doesn't make something a scam.

Jun 1 2016 11:36am
Quote (Master_Zappy @ 1 Jun 2016 09:35)
I agree

The majority of "students " we're happy with the classes, some had buyers remorse, that's the way it goes for any workshop. Some folks don't have realistic expectations on the outcome. In the end a minor percent of consenting adults paid for a legal education service. So what if 100% of them were not satisfied that part is irrelevant, that doesn't make something a scam.

Calling a non-accredited institution a 'university' when that has a very specific meaning is absolutely a scam and the whole reason he had to change the name. Adding in that he ridiculously overcharged for the services that were actually given and well....
Gold: 109.01
Jun 1 2016 11:51am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jun 1 2016 12:36pm)
Calling a non-accredited institution a 'university' when that has a very specific meaning is absolutely a scam and the whole reason he had to change the name. Adding in that he ridiculously overcharged for the services that were actually given and well....

Semantics on the word university doesn't make your argument. Trump didn't claim they were state accredited.

Trump offered a service at a price point he thought was appropriate, unless you can show he forced people to sign up and fork over their monies I'm not sure you have any grounds to call it a scam. Furthermore most students were happy with the classes, so that doesn't bode well for your point on being overcharged for services rendered'.

By your logic any university accredited or not, if some small percentage of the students are not happy with the curriculum or the price of services were higher then the perceived value they got out of it is a scam. I don't think you're making that claim, so I'd suggest attacking trump on issues that are warranted, his "trump university" has no real basis.

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on Jun 1 2016 11:54am
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 1 2016 11:55am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jun 1 2016 11:36am)

"Hi I'm interested in attending Tump University, what type of accredited degree can i expect upon completion"

"None, literally no accredited degree, just a participation plaque."

"Okay but its called University so i'll just ignore what you just said."

Seems like no more of a scam than hanging a "worlds best coffee" sign in your diner.
Jun 1 2016 11:56am
Quote (Master_Zappy @ 1 Jun 2016 09:51)
Semantics on the word university doesn't make your argument. Trump didn't claim they were state accredited.

Trump offered a service at a price point he thought was appropriate, unless you can show he forced people to sign up and fork over their monies I'm not sure you have any grounds to call it a scam. Furthermore most students were happy with the classes, so that doesn't bode well for your point on being overcharged for services rendered'.

By your logic any university accredited or not, if some small percentage of the students are not happy with the curriculum or the price of services were higher then the perceived value they got our of it is a scam. I don't think you're making that claim, so I'd suggest attacking trump on issue that are warranted, his "trump university" has no real basis.

Nigerian princes with $50M in the bank that they need your help to launder don't force anyone to sign up and fork over money, so they're not scammers either by your logic, right?

And please, what do you have to show that only a small percentage were not happy, considering that over 30% of students demanded refunds?

Quote (thesnipa @ 1 Jun 2016 09:55)
"Hi I'm interested in attending Tump University, what type of accredited degree can i expect upon completion"

"None, literally no accredited degree, just a participation plaque."

"Okay but its called University so i'll just ignore what you just said."

Seems like no more of a scam than hanging a "worlds best coffee" sign in your diner.

Except he literally already admitted this, in essence, by capitulating to the name change that was completely legit.

It was obviously aimed at the easily rooked, and it sadly worked a whole lot.

This post was edited by AiNedeSpelCzech on Jun 1 2016 11:58am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13893903913923933169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll