d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1388238833884388538865001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 14 2020 02:34pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 14 2020 03:30pm)
Trump has done more good in 3 years, against overwhelming odds, that Hussein, did in 8 years. In fact, NOTHING Obama did was for the good of this country.
Obama is a smart guy, he could sell your grandmother into sex slavery and convince the people that it was the right thing to do.

hopefully he can get outlawing chinese street signs into that second term and really help america out Ghot style. or, you know, deliver on fixing the VA so when your heart goes out next year you don't just like die.
Gold: 5.77
Jul 14 2020 02:35pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 14 2020 01:11pm)
You act as if the right wing GAVE Obama his middle name.

It's funny how every time the left thinks about the 2020 election, they dig just a bit deeper to find ANYthing with which to blame the right.

And btw, in Duck speak, quack = duck. So, once again you are wrong. Ducks admit they are ducks, continually. (as per Dr. Doolittle).

Hussein means handsome. lol. You people are such idiots.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 14 2020 02:38pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 14 2020 04:30pm)
Trump has done more good in 3 years, against overwhelming odds, that Hussein, did in 8 years. In fact, NOTHING Obama did was for the good of this country.
Obama is a smart guy, he could sell your grandmother into sex slavery and convince the people that it was the right thing to do.

Obama didn't commute the sentences of a bunch of his felon friends, including a pardon for someone involved in a car theft ring.

In fact, Obama wasn't friends with felons.

Obama fixed the economy after you guys fucked it up last time and his vice president will fix it after you fucked it up again lol.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 14 2020 02:39pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 14 2020 03:32pm)
Not really.

In early June, there was an open letter signed by roughly 1300 public health experts, epidemiologists and community stakeholders that basically said "social distancing and mask wearing is super important, but the BLM protests get a free pass".

Read it for yourself if you don't believe me:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jyfn4Wd2i6bRi12ePghMHtX3ys1b7K1A/view

Some key excerpts:

"Protests against stay-home orders are rooted in white nationalism and disrepect black lives. Protests against systemic racism can be pulled off in safe manner by sticking to the following guidelines: [...] - Protests for other causes should not be permitted though."
Yeah, right.

And finally, here's a nice NY Times article on the issue and the letter:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/06/us/Epidemiologists-coronavirus-protests-quarantine.html

So no, it is not far-fetched that the quote shown on the pic I posted is legit.

doesn't the fact that the New York Times with their liberal slant are reporting on it and calling out the "experts" cast a pretty skeptical light on that signed letter?

if the new york times is calling out your liberal bias you must be incredibly biased. i tend to just say these "experts" are being used for their buzzword status, not their position in the mainstream left.

look at it in context, fox news is trying to make people scared that they will lose everything from job loss while also painting the picture that leftist experts generally are ok with BLM protests and claim its not bad in a covid context. anyone can look at that and read the slant.

its funny, i still smiled, but its silly in context and fox's slant is clear. thats really all im saying.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 14 2020 02:44pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 14 Jul 2020 22:39)
doesn't the fact that the New York Times with their liberal slant are reporting on it and calling out the "experts" cast a pretty skeptical light on that signed letter?

if the new york times is calling out your liberal bias you must be incredibly biased. i tend to just say these "experts" are being used for their buzzword status, not their position in the mainstream left.

look at it in context, fox news is trying to make people scared that they will lose everything from job loss while also painting the picture that leftist experts generally are ok with BLM protests and claim its not bad in a covid context. anyone can look at that and read the slant.

its funny, i still smiled, but its silly in context and fox's slant is clear. thats really all im saying.

I was surprised by the Times article too. Anyway, all I wanted to prove is that even experts can exhibit blatant partisan bias.

And yes, it was really striking how the liberal-leaning media slammed other protests shortly before the George Floyd thing blew over, but remained largely silent on how those Floyd protests were violating public health guidelines just as much.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 14 2020 04:27pm
Quote (Skinned @ 14 Jul 2020 16:38)
Obama didn't commute the sentences of a bunch of his felon friends, including a pardon for someone involved in a car theft ring.

In fact, Obama wasn't friends with felons.

Obama fixed the economy after you guys fucked it up last time and his vice president will fix it after you fucked it up again lol.

Obama commuted 1700 sentences including terrorists and traitors. oh and some who gave “false statements” to congress too.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/01/20/obama-used-more-clemency-power/

‘lying’ to elected swamp demons who lie to us all the time is far less damaging action than treason or terrorism

as for the economy the lefties and media said it’s currently Obama’s economy this year though.
Gold: 8,933.00
Jul 14 2020 05:32pm
Gold: 285.00
Jul 14 2020 06:01pm
Quote (Santara @ Jul 14 2020 07:32pm)

Lmao
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 14 2020 06:09pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 14 Jul 2020 22:44)
I was surprised by the Times article too. Anyway, all I wanted to prove is that even experts can exhibit blatant partisan bias.

And yes, it was really striking how the liberal-leaning media slammed other protests shortly before the George Floyd thing blew over, but remained largely silent on how those Floyd protests were violating public health guidelines just as much.

all you wanted to do is discredit experts and undermine their message, just like your cult leader does, and would want you to.

maybe the different reactions are explained by the context of those protests, you know the part you conveniently left out in order to fabricate hypocrisy: because the science-denying trump cult 'protested' common sense measures to avoid the spread of a deadly virus (by trying to intimidate elected officials with their firearms), while the blm protests address a problem that police was very eager to prove during them: excessive violence, militarisation, lack of accountability, racial bias, and the unnecessary killing of american citizens without any serious consequences... a problem that is very real, deep rooted, and certainly needs to be addressed, as i am sure you will have to officially agree to, in order to keep your 'reasonable person' act up, and not be too blatantly bigoted and ignorant.

here's your favourite white supremacist 'news' person showing some REAL hypocricy concerning protests in state capitols:

Gold: 57.00
Jul 14 2020 06:23pm
Quote (Santara @ 14 Jul 2020 19:32)

:rofl:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1388238833884388538865001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll