d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1387238733874387538765001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 10 2020 07:33am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 10 Jul 2020 15:28)
funny how you think you're humiliating or "exposing" me when I'm just ignoring you most of the time. people being fed up with your tedious bone-headedness and your neverending capacity to twist facts and the other person's arguments does not mean that you're "winning" in any way, shape or form.

you're like a child on the playground that's so obnoxious that the other kids dont play with him anymore - and then you're sitting there, all alone, and proclaim "victory" because you got the sandbox all to yourself.

so now it wasn't your exciting adventures, you were just fed up? maybe settle for one excuse, neo-nazi boy.

oh, and way to ignore how your shitty arguments in favour of the EC got debunked into oblivion, lol.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 10 2020 07:34am
Jul 10 2020 07:37am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 10 Jul 2020 15:34)

the dog whistles are deafening, but some of his supporters still claim he's the least racist person alive. it's mindblowing really.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 10 2020 07:42am
Quote (fender @ 10 Jul 2020 15:33)
so now it wasn't your exciting adventures, you were just fed up? maybe settle for one excuse, neo-nazi boy.

oh, and way to ignore how your shitty arguments in favour of the EC got debunked into oblivion, lol.

I had better things to do yesterday, that's why I didnt further engage with you yesterday. Then, I made a general argument that someone no longer replying to you does not automatically mean that you "won" the debate.

But yeah, keep deluding yourself when you think you've "debunked me into oblivion" with an 8 year old poll of GOP voters that was conducted at a time when Democrats had just had an edge in the EC for the last 3 elections (2004, 2008, 2012).

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 10 2020 07:42am
Gold: 57.00
Jul 10 2020 07:47am
is fender aka heinrich von goebbels (descendant of joseph) still making the failed-argument that the “republicans” are the ones who ‘created the Electoral College’ lmfao
Gold: 100,701.50
Jul 10 2020 07:48am
Quote (fender @ Jul 10 2020 02:25am)
already back from hiding after you tried to downplay your cult leader's failings in the covid crisis and making your usual racist assumptions about africans?

but yeah, a real mystery, especially since canadian politics is usually the main focus of this forum, right? too bad you haven't gotten the latest talking points yet: the EC doesn't actually favour republicans anyway, so it is by definition a principled position when dems complain about it. it's a shitty system no matter who it actually benefits. and no matter how desperately you're trying to re-frame it, which mental hoops you have to jump through in order to tell yourself he really deserves it, but the simple FACT is that trump got almost three million(!) fewer votes than arguably the worst candidate dems ever nominated.

Nobody cares what you think of The US' electoral system.

You're still sore that your favored woman candidate lost to Donald Trump and you're still whining and crying about it.

Was one hell of a day for you eh, when you woke up and heard the news ^_^

Gold: 57.00
Jul 10 2020 07:52am
Quote (Djunior @ 10 Jul 2020 09:48)
Nobody cares what you think of The US' electoral system.

You're still sore that your favored woman candidate lost to Donald Trump and you're still whining and crying about it.

Was one hell of a day for you eh, when you woke up and heard the news^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWQWTzyn06M

this is false, only because he constantly stays up all night doing enraged spamming here because he’s an admitted lecherous drain on the hard-working taxpayers in Germany and has nothing to do during the day.

he lives in some gutter somewhere in a miserable part of Dresden which is 6 hours ahead of eastern US time, and yet he angrily is spamming away here at 1 am-2am eastern time at a high level frequency lmfao

This post was edited by excellence on Jul 10 2020 07:52am
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 10 2020 08:00am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 10 2020 08:28am)
funny how you think you're humiliating or "exposing" me when I'm just ignoring you most of the time. people being fed up with your tedious bone-headedness and your neverending capacity to twist facts and the other person's arguments does not mean that you're "winning" in any way, shape or form.

you're like a child on the playground that's so obnoxious that the other kids dont play with him anymore - and then you're sitting there, all alone, and proclaim "victory" because you got the sandbox all to yourself.

"you're embarrassing yourself", "you've been exposed", "im humiliating you", etc. are the tools of the weak. made even more weak if they're fringe in their politics. as if the 1-2 users out of 20+ PARD regulars who even agree with them are laughing at you. oh no, 2 people i dont agree with are laughing at my opinions.

these labels become far more true the closer to center you are and/or the more unpopular and fringe the person's politics are. but they're still a hacky thing most of us try to minimize in our posts. except some, who can not help putting at least one in every post. its not just fenderp, but he is likely the worst offender.

its impossible to talk to that idiot without him using a "im smarter than you, you're wrong so lets start there, you should be ashamed of your opinion, and everyone's behind me on this one, plus even if they're not i dont care because im the right one here" tone. maybe ill keep him in timeout for a few more years and see if he matures enough to be spoken to.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 10 2020 08:01am
Jul 10 2020 08:05am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 10 Jul 2020 15:42)
I had better things to do yesterday, that's why I didnt further engage with you yesterday. Then, I made a general argument that someone no longer replying to you does not automatically mean that you "won" the debate.

But yeah, keep deluding yourself when you think you've "debunked me into oblivion" with an 8 year old poll of GOP voters that was conducted at a time when Democrats had just had an edge in the EC for the last 3 elections (2004, 2008, 2012).

funny how you always have time to fantasise about and attack me personally, but regularly disappear from fact based arguments. honi soit qui mal y pense...

look up ANY poll from the last two decades when the EC did not overturn the popular vote, and you will find solid majorities on BOTH sides in favour of abandoning it for the reasons i previously explained, but that you mysteriously (not really) did NOT address, lol.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 10 2020 08:44am
Quote (fender @ 10 Jul 2020 16:05)
funny how you always have time to fantasise about and attack me personally, but regularly disappear from fact based arguments. honi soit qui mal y pense...

look up ANY poll from the last two decades when the EC did not overturn the popular vote, and you will find solid majorities on BOTH sides in favour of abandoning it for the reasons i previously explained, but that you mysteriously (not really) did NOT address, lol.

Nice fan fic. Unfortunately not true at all. Here's some actual recent polling, from March 2020:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/03/13/a-majority-of-americans-continue-to-favor-replacing-electoral-college-with-a-nationwide-popular-vote/

Between 2016 and 2020, Pew found between 51 and 58% of Americans in favor of abolishing the EC. Trump's disapproval ratings have hovered in the range between 50 and 56%. Not a coincidence if you ask me.
Also, 2012 is the only time there was a majority of Republicans in favor of abolishing it, and even then, 54% is not the solid majority you were claiming. Polls from any other year show a clear majority of Republicans rejecting the idea.

Needless to say that you handpicked polls from 2012, the one time where Republicans were also (marginally) supporting an end to the EC. And like I already explained, the EC had favored the Dems in 2004, 2008 and 2012, so this timing is easy to explain. It also explains why Democratic support for abolishing it was at its lowest in 2012. 'Honi soit qui mal y pense' indeed. :evil:

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1387238733874387538765001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll