d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1385738583859386038615001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 7 2020 01:24pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 7 2020 02:16pm)
Well I only quoted the one pic.

im not sure that thing even understands what's going on. A libertarian organization (which isnt even what the ARI is) receiving a LOAN from the govt isn't hypocritical. receiving free money would be, for a libertarian organization, which again the ARI isn't.

then again ive seen this same mistake all over liberal twitter, "why do these corporations get free money". they dont, loans aren't free. and putting massive loan overhead on small businesses ensures they'll go under and the govt will just be out money. any company able to demonstrate they can repay a large loan in a timely manner isnt a small business. its a paradox they cant even get to cuz all they see is trump printing free money.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 7 2020 01:49pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 7 Jul 2020 21:24)
im not sure that thing even understands what's going on. A libertarian organization (which isnt even what the ARI is) receiving a LOAN from the govt isn't hypocritical. receiving free money would be, for a libertarian organization, which again the ARI isn't.

then again ive seen this same mistake all over liberal twitter, "why do these corporations get free money". they dont, loans aren't free. and putting massive loan overhead on small businesses ensures they'll go under and the govt will just be out money. any company able to demonstrate they can repay a large loan in a timely manner isnt a small business. its a paradox they cant even get to cuz all they see is trump printing free money.

you should look up what "government- (or more accurately: tax payer)- backed" means, what a "small business" is, and what securities are and how they work. you don't even understand basic economics but try to talk shit, smh...

the notion that "free money" (who exactly claimed that btw?) is the only way to benefit is laughably naive and ignorant.
Gold: 260.11
Jul 7 2020 02:09pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 7 2020 02:24pm)

If they use it on salaries and other approved things it will be forgiven, effectively making it a grant.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 7 2020 02:12pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jul 7 2020 04:09pm)
If they use it on salaries and other approved things it will be forgiven, effectively making it a grant.

I will take my libertarian government bail out now.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 7 2020 02:35pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 7 Jul 2020 15:24)

“loans are for evil corporations and rich people only” says the lefty students with 6 figures in student debt
Jul 7 2020 02:35pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jul 7 2020 03:09pm)

that's a good point. however im still not sure how a nonprofit who pays taxes getting a grant from that same tax pool is hypocrisy. Ayn Rand herself wrote that the only ones who are morally justified in taking bailouts are opposed to the tax pool itself. i dont agree with that, but it does have a logical consistency to it in a way. whether that specifically applies to PPP loans, or whether it applies to a non profit, or whether it applies to an organization which is educational and not a business, idk. Rand herself wouldnt be in favor of the govt closing sectors of business, but if presented with that reality im sure they'd also support the govt paying their employees. if govt tyranny is a constant then the meta changes, her ideas on what an economy/govt should look like aren't 1:1 with actions in a given economy/govt.

Edit: essentially here's what we have

Rand: if u take any of my money, that's stealing.

(money gets taken)

Govt: ok who wants some of this money i gots

Rand: i'll take some, back.

Lefties: lol, hypocrite.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 7 2020 02:41pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Jul 7 2020 02:59pm
Quote (Interesting @ Jul 7 2020 01:52pm)
I call you reading my post and response to you yesterday, skipping it, and continuing on with this kind of stuff, "Willful Ignorance."

I'm a whole lot less likely to read your replies to my posts if you don't reply to my posts. You don't think I read every single comment do you? Kinda rely on the notifications
There's also this handy feature now too, which I'm using here just to annoy ^thesnipa

I went back and read it, I don't see anything that needed to be replied to. You didn't contradict anything I said or raise any new cogent arguments. Not every post needs a reply. You want a pat on the head and me to reiterate the same tired lines in the gun control debate where I point out that there's no realistic proposal to get guns out of the hands of criminals even if you're willing to wildly infringe on the constitutional rights of law abiding gun owners? And then you can say some talking point in return, and I can quote some statistic or anecdote about a laughably failed gun buyback program, and you can thump morality at me, and I can post some image macro meme.
Hope I saved us the time.
Gold: 260.11
Jul 7 2020 03:32pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 7 2020 03:35pm)
that's a good point. however im still not sure how a nonprofit who pays taxes getting a grant from that same tax pool is hypocrisy. Ayn Rand herself wrote that the only ones who are morally justified in taking bailouts are opposed to the tax pool itself. i dont agree with that, but it does have a logical consistency to it in a way. whether that specifically applies to PPP loans, or whether it applies to a non profit, or whether it applies to an organization which is educational and not a business, idk. Rand herself wouldnt be in favor of the govt closing sectors of business, but if presented with that reality im sure they'd also support the govt paying their employees. if govt tyranny is a constant then the meta changes, her ideas on what an economy/govt should look like aren't 1:1 with actions in a given economy/govt.

Edit: essentially here's what we have

Rand: if u take any of my money, that's stealing.

(money gets taken)

Govt: ok who wants some of this money i gots

Rand: i'll take some, back.

Lefties: lol, hypocrite.

but they don't pay taxes. They're a nonprofit.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 7 2020 07:14pm

kek
Jul 7 2020 07:43pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 7 2020 03:59pm)
I'm a whole lot less likely to read your replies to my posts if you don't reply to my posts. You don't think I read every single comment do you? Kinda rely on the notifications
There's also this handy feature now too, which I'm using here just to annoy ^thesnipa

I went back and read it, I don't see anything that needed to be replied to. You didn't contradict anything I said or raise any new cogent arguments. Not every post needs a reply. You want a pat on the head and me to reiterate the same tired lines in the gun control debate where I point out that there's no realistic proposal to get guns out of the hands of criminals even if you're willing to wildly infringe on the constitutional rights of law abiding gun owners? And then you can say some talking point in return, and I can quote some statistic or anecdote about a laughably failed gun buyback program, and you can thump morality at me, and I can post some image macro meme.
Hope I saved us the time.

it worked

^Goomshill

does that give a double notification?

Quote (Thor123422 @ Jul 7 2020 04:32pm)
but they don't pay taxes. They're a nonprofit.

while i can not find any info on the ARI specifically, being a nonprofit doesnt guarantee pays zero in taxes. any business unrelated to the nonprofits purpose requires tax be paid on it. they may also sell god knows what and pay taxes on its sale. if they pay literally zero in taxes or even close and have for their existence i can see full on irony here. if anyone has a source on their tax payments please let me know.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1385738583859386038615001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll