d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1385338543855385638575001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 6 2020 12:15pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 6 2020 02:08pm)
Black-on-black violence is not a gun control issue, its a social issue, and Democrats are responsible for the high crime rates in their inner cities- places were the second amendment has already been revoked by Democrats anyway.
The combination of restricted policing, soft-on-crime prosecutors and judges, a welfare state and political/cultural tolerance for criminals, has predictably resulted in a crime wave.

When a career criminal has been arrested and convicted of 70+ crimes including violent felonies but is still out on the streets because of bottomless paroles and suspended sentences and 'restorative justice programs', and living off the government dole in subsidized slums where police won't even get out of their vehicles without backup, and where virtually all guns are illegal and yet illegal guns are plentiful- and he goes out and shoots someone- is that the fault of republicans? Democrats who will get up and scream 'muh systemic racism' because their deck is 52 of the same card, sure think so

If anything more access to guns would allow the honest blacks to take care of the dishonest ones.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 6 2020 12:49pm
Like I said earlier, socioeconomic policies are largely to blame.

Same-race violence is a predominant trend amongst all races because America still lives in highly segregated and gentrified communities. When you consider that, you then must also consider why black-on-black violence in urban areas is as alarming as it is compared with white-on-white, hispanic-on-hispanic, etc., violence. When you control for this, and that all of these races face the social problems you mention, and yes, they are problems in that they are ineffective, then you’re still left with black-on-black violence being an issue. What, then, is the cause? I don’t really buy into systemic racism in 2020 to be on the scale to cause this, but I believe, just as pretty much all wealth is inherited, that contemporary Black society has inherited a raw deal from the legacies of slavery, disproportionate criminal sentencing, systemic banking racism, segregation, the Vietnam War, and, hugely since Reagan, economic policies.

With that said, gun control still plays a major part. It doesn’t matter if Chicago banned new handgun ownership for 30 years if neighboring state gun dealers trafficked tens of thousands of handguns into Chicago. We need a national approach to gun control.

Edit: fixed some typos from my phone autocorrect, and updated some phrasing for clarity of meaning.

This post was edited by Interesting on Jul 6 2020 01:14pm
Gold: 21,520.00
Jul 6 2020 03:20pm
Reaganism is synonymous with Neo Liberalism and has been the Republican parties platform for the last 30+ years.

I would like a discussion about how the people who say libtard tend to be most frequently Neo Liberals.

Neoliberalism as per definition:
"Neoliberalism" is contemporarily used to refer to market-oriented reform policies such as "eliminating price controls, deregulating capital markets, lowering trade barriers" and reducing state influence in the economy, especially through privatization and austerity.[6] It is also commonly associated with the economic policies introduced by Margaret Thatcher in the United Kingdom and Ronald Reagan in the United States.

Can someone explain to me how the messaging has been so effective from anyone using the words libtard etc?

I am at a loss when knowledge of basic terms is left towards the swaying of emotional feelings.

There is a remedy for the policing scenario btw. Have police officers require malpractice insurance like a doctor does these are the two jobs that can take your life into their hands.
It will create a lot of jobs and will allow police officers who are not violent to remain in the force while ones with terrible track records will be forced out though high insurance costs.
Creating less liability for the police depts less lawsuits and generally less rioting the police will be able to receive better compensation for their time.

This is a capitalist solution creating another high paying jobs market (Police Injury Liability Insurance)

Reflections on either subject matter are open and warranted thank you for your time and effort in reading this / caring about other human beings

P.S. For the record I think if an Officer will be more aggressive and violent to a black person, they are more likely to be violent to me even though I am white than a generally non violent police officer.

This post was edited by Ambientnow on Jul 6 2020 03:39pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 6 2020 03:59pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 6 2020 02:10pm)
Blacks are less likely to die in cities with gun control.

less likely to die
less likely to die
less likely to die
less likely to die
less likely to die

Have to admit... the "echo" effect was pretty good.
Gold: 21.93
Jul 6 2020 04:15pm
Jul 6 2020 04:21pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jul 6 2020 06:15pm)
Why do republicans suddenly hate free speech and the second amendment?

Why did you suddenly lose the ability to understand that the folks NOT running around trying to intimidate others, also have rights?
Jul 6 2020 04:23pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 7 2020 08:21am)
Why did you suddenly lose the ability to understand that the folks NOT running around trying to intimidate others, also have rights?

Could have fooled me, never saw you complaining about the idiots with guns protesting covid.
Jul 6 2020 04:24pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jul 6 2020 06:23pm)
Could have fooled me, never saw you complaining about the idiots with guns protesting covid.

I got no problem with folks owning guns. But there is no need for them at what is supposed to be a "peaceful protest".

/e You never saw me sticking up for those Michiganers, either.

/ee Everyone has rights. That includes people trying to drive to work, but can't because protesters are blocking the roads.

Somewhere along the line some IDIOTS got the idea that having a peaceful protest, INCLUDES infringing on OTHER people's rights. It doesn't.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 6 2020 04:28pm
Jul 6 2020 04:29pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 7 2020 08:24am)
I got no problem with folks owning guns. But there is no need for them at what is supposed to be a "peaceful protest".

/e You never saw me sticking up for those Michiganers, either.

You never said a word about it, you also never posted memes about it or directly opposed it as you did when it was people of colour.
The protest was against a KKK rally btw.
Jul 6 2020 04:34pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jul 6 2020 06:29pm)
You never said a word about it, you also never posted memes about it or directly opposed it as you did when it was people of colour.
The protest was against a KKK rally btw.

First off... I never FOUND any memes about the Michigan incident.

But let's get real here. The 1st Amendment says people have free speech. It does NOT say that they can infringe on other people's rights.
The 2nd Amendment says people can own guns. It does NOT say they can bring them to an exercise of their 1st Amendment rights.

Neither of these two examples are necessary at a protest, nor are they guaranteed rights in the Constitution or the Amendments.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1385338543855385638575001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll