d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1381838193820382138225001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 19 2020 12:05pm
nobody familiar with The Man Show, a show which (if i recall) ended each episode with a montage of women jumping on trampolines
would be offended by any of their skits
but like Franken and others from the responsible side of America
sometimes this shit is a good time to say 'my bad' and disappear for awhile
Gold: 12,730.67
Jun 19 2020 12:13pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 18 2020 07:48pm)
yeah we can tell you dont work in modern banking or whatever because between “Obagangu” or “McTrump” the damn sounding Irishman isnt getting hired over a potential 4.0 dual-major superstar that easily could be a better “value hire”. That unless the sounding Irishman is the CEO or CFO’s direct relative and even then they may have hit their quota on useless drunks

I think you guys are missing the point haha. The data is pretty clear that "black sounding" names will receive fewer callbacks when it should be a coin flip.

Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 18 2020 08:10pm)
The only way to fix it is to abolish welfare, divorce (no fault), and alimony. History proves this because blacks are worse off now than they were 20 years ago.

Liberals don't want to do it because they are corrupt pieces of shit.

And maybe that can be part of the solution. However, many people such as Ghot think that there is NO PROBLEM at all.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 18 2020 07:59pm)
What was your position before this? Because I think he actually thought you were part of the problem. At least based on what I said sometime last week(?) about moderates finally coming around.

Ghot is racist enough that literally everybody acknowledges it.

It was out of sight out of mind so I agree that people like me are part of the problem. I think everyone agrees that OVERT racism is bad but you don't really see it that much anymore.

Quote (Skinned @ Jun 18 2020 07:37pm)
I said this before and i was scoffed at. One dude got really insultive about it and said i spit on the work he did. Like damn dude i work at a hospital and am a deputy clerk in a county and when I'm not there I'm working on my house, playing warzone, or having parties with friends. I really don't spit on anyone because i suggest white people have it a lot better in America than the black folk and getting job interviews with white names is one of those ways.

Only people targetting dogs of the state with violence are the boogaloo boys and whatnot. One of them scored a kill the other day. And they call antifascist action terrorists.

I think it has to do with messaging. When you call someone a racist, you conjure up images of the KKK. White people are not that as a whole. Are white people being overly sensitive? Probably. But we have immense political power so we need to be treated with respect if we're going to be part of the solution. There are ways to discuss this that won't cause people to shut down. When you have lib-cucks using the term "Nazi" for anyone who disagrees with them, people just stop listening.
Jun 19 2020 12:19pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 18 2020 08:14pm)
The Kent State shootings and the following student strike was about Vietnam. They were peaceful and huge, and they didn't stop Nam.

The point here is the "people" in the US will react the same way... eventually. BUT, they will be far more pissed off because of all the burning and looting and destruction in this peepee protest.

It's only 50 years since the Kent State shootings and obviously THIS generation hasn't learned from history.

Vietnam ended due to political pressure. You can't point to a single event but things like Kent State contributed to the end of the war.

And like I said, things are ALREADY changing. Before the election this year, over half the states will have passed meaningful police legislation. How is that not "working through the system?" Obviously that won't be "enough" for some people and it will be "too much" for others, but that's the democratic process.

Gold: 260.11
Jun 19 2020 12:21pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jun 19 2020 01:13pm)
It was out of sight out of mind so I agree that people like me are part of the problem. I think everyone agrees that OVERT racism is bad but you don't really see it that much anymore.

Yeah you don't see the big R - Racism anymore, but we see lots of little r racism all over, and some things that blur the line.

I'm glad that the "liberals see racism everywhere wahhh" trope is dieing out as the moderates come around to what should have been obvious the entire time though.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 19 2020 12:24pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 19 2020 01:21pm)
Yeah you don't see the big R - Racism anymore, but we see lots of little r racism all over, and some things that blur the line.

I'm glad that the "liberals see racism everywhere wahhh" trope is dieing out as the moderates come around to what should have been obvious the entire time though.

to be fair i think many moderates are pandering to avoid perceived backlash. but time will tell.
Jun 19 2020 12:31pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 19 2020 11:21am)

I mean, I don't think it's dying out. You still have things like Jussie Smollett, "cultural appropriation," etc. I do think "little r racism" is difficult to find. If it was easy to find, we'd have consensus. Racist events lie on a spectrum and you need events like George Floyd so that people can re-calibrate. Liberals will always be the ones who see racism where there isn't any and conservatives will always be the ones who don't see it when it is there.
Jun 19 2020 12:35pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jun 19 2020 01:31pm)
I mean, I don't think it's dying out. You still have things like Jussie Smollett, "cultural appropriation," etc. I do think "little r racism" is difficult to find. If it was easy to find, we'd have consensus. Racist events lie on a spectrum and you need events like George Floyd so that people can re-calibrate. Liberals will always be the ones who see racism where there isn't any and conservatives will always be the ones who don't see it when it is there.

Jun 19 2020 01:22pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 19 2020 01:35pm)

Quote (thundercock @ Jun 19 2020 01:31pm)

The solution to every problem will come from liberals, because the ability to change is the diving line between a liberal and a conservative position.

Liberals will come up with all new ideas, good and bad, and we will weed out the bad ones and keep the good ones.

Conservatives will provide a baseline resistance to avoid implementing the bad ideas, at the cost of always opposing good ideas as well.

Lots of people interpret this as "liberals are stupid her der look at how they see racism everywhere" or "conservatives always support nazis and refuse to see problems" and both of these have some merit, but without also including the big picture are dumb.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Jun 19 2020 01:23pm
Jun 19 2020 01:38pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 19 2020 02:22pm)
The solution to every problem will come from liberals

LOL.
Jun 19 2020 02:45pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 19 2020 02:38pm)
LOL.

Any not directly caused by the new ideas of liberals at least
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1381838193820382138225001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll