d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1378837893790379137925001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.33
Jun 7 2020 08:34am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 7 2020 01:13pm)
Yes if he was resisting arrest. I’m white and many years ago when I was arrested I got slammed to the ground and got snow kicked in my face.

Half the issue here is you have a bunch of whiteys thinking constant oppression is happening with police black interactions based on a few videos. So out of touch lol.

He didn't seem to be resisting arrest.
Gold: 12,845.00
Jun 7 2020 08:52am
Quote (dro94 @ Jun 7 2020 10:34am)

Only way to tell if he was/wasn't is to see the full arrest. Like what was the response when they were trying to take him into custody?
Gold: 14,569.69
Jun 7 2020 09:04am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 7 2020 07:52am)
Only way to tell if he was/wasn't is to see the full arrest. Like what was the response when they were trying to take him into custody?

the actual debate is about the minutes he laid there in cuffs..
There were many options other than putting a shin across his neck for 8+ minutes while in cuffs. Whether or not he resisted arrest isn't really that relevant. In THIS case as he was killed while subdued. I guess you could have the argument that if he resisted arrest cops should not be required to de escalate, and if he pissed them off then cops have the right to kill people for all prior behavior.

This post was edited by theCrossbones on Jun 7 2020 09:05am
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 7 2020 09:10am
Quote (dro94 @ Jun 7 2020 10:34am)

He said “im claustrophobic” and refused to go into the police car.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 7 2020 09:40am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 7 2020 08:13am)
Yes if he was resisting arrest. I’m white and many years ago when I was arrested I got slammed to the ground and got snow kicked in my face.

Half the issue here is you have a bunch of whiteys thinking constant oppression is happening with police black interactions based on a few videos. So out of touch lol.

I think the disconnect is that some white people believe black people when they share their negative experiences with law enforcement. We suspect there's good reason the black community feels the anger and hopelessness expressed in these protests.

Others either don't believe them, or dismiss/minimize their experiences/feelings.
Jun 7 2020 10:29am
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 7 2020 11:40am)
I think the disconnect is that some white people believe black people when they share their negative experiences with law enforcement. We suspect there's good reason the black community feels the anger and hopelessness expressed in these protests.

Others either don't believe them, or dismiss/minimize their experiences/feelings.

Racism is real, but honestly there is zero evidence this was caused by racist actions. He refused a lawful order to get into the police car saying he's claustrophobic... after he got out of his own vehicle.

What should the cops do at that point? He refused a lawful command, he's resisting, it's easy to see how that situation escalated. Obviously holding him down with full body weight on his neck and chest was wrong no one's arguing that.

Like put yourself in the cops situation. If you were one of those cops what do you do when an alleged crime is committed by this person and now this person is refusing lawful commands and is resisting?

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jun 7 2020 10:30am
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 7 2020 10:31am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 7 2020 11:29am)
Racism is real, but honestly there is zero evidence this was caused by racist actions. He refused a lawful order to get into the police car saying he's claustrophobic... after he got out of his own vehicle.

What should the cops do at that point? He refused a lawful command, he's resisting, it's easy to see how that situation escalated. Obviously holding him down with fully body weight on his neck and chest was wrong no one's arguing that.

Like put yourself in the cops situation. If you were one of those cops what do you do when an alleged crime is committed by this person and now this person is refusing lawful commands and is resisting?

definitely restrain him with 3 guys and a knee on his neck....

is this the rodeo where u have 8 seconds to get someone in a car? maybe explain to him he has no choice, explain he has to get in the car or he'll be charged with additional crimes, talk to the fucking guy maybe. nope, body toss him to the pavement and hold him down so he cant follow the order even if he wants to. because that makes total sense.

and I still have seen no footage or body cam that he wouldn't get in the car, just the word of the guys who killed him. so..... id be happy to be wrong but im gonna call bullshit. he prob gave them a hard time for hassling him and got slammed for it.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 7 2020 10:32am
Gold: 63,142.89
Jun 7 2020 10:36am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 7 2020 12:29pm)

What should the cops do at that point? He refused a lawful command, he's resisting, it's easy to see how that situation escalated. Obviously holding him down with full body weight on his neck and chest was wrong no one's arguing that.

exactly everything they did except take my knee off his neck 7 minutes sooner
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 7 2020 10:42am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 7 2020 12:29pm)

My post was addressing your second point.

I'd prefer a society and culture that doesn't get armed agents of the state involved when someone's suspected of using a fake $20 bill. Maybe we do have too many officers on the streets if that sort of thing is what they are preoccupied with(or stopping Eric Garner for allegedly selling cigarettes).

There were 4 cops there... if they can't handle one person resisting without killing him, we have a problem.
Jun 7 2020 10:43am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 7 2020 12:31pm)
definitely restrain him with 3 guys and a knee on his neck....

is this the rodeo where u have 8 seconds to get someone in a car?maybe explain to him he has no choice, explain he has to get in the car or he'll be charged with additional crimes, talk to the fucking guy maybe. nope, body toss him to the pavement and hold him down so he cant follow the order even if he wants to. because that makes total sense.

and I still have seen no footage or body cam that he wouldn't get in the car, just the word of the guys who killed him. so..... id be happy to be wrong but im gonna call bullshit. he prob gave them a hard time for hassling him and got slammed for it.

Right i'm sure these go as you expect and magically the guy hopped up on fentanyl suddenly gets it and all goes well. No ones arguing that what they did was excessive, no one's arguing that they shouldn't face repercussions.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jun 7 2020 10:45am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1378837893790379137925001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll