d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1378337843785378637875001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 21.93
Jun 6 2020 03:24pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 7 2020 07:07am)
He seems to have stayed out of trouble for 8 years after having a bad life before that. Thats not worth glorifying?

I love how conservatives hold up "we shouldnt judge, we should forgive like Jesus" when its convenient but when it's not we see a ton of content questioning the value of the dead.

Dunno if he stayed out of trouble, black folks tend to avoid calling police, he could have been out mugging people every day.
He had been doing drugs recently, so his criminal behavior continued for sure.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Jun 6 2020 03:25pm
Gold: 260.11
Jun 6 2020 03:25pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jun 6 2020 04:24pm)
Dunno if he stayed out of trouble, black folks tend to avoid calling police, he could have been out mugging people every day.

Dude, that's racist as fuck lol
Jun 6 2020 03:27pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 7 2020 07:25am)
Dude, that's racist as fuck lol

Go ask tekashi69 how his community views him now, and he ratted on people plotting his murder.
Gold: 13,345.00
Jun 6 2020 03:29pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 6 2020 05:07pm)
He seems to have stayed out of trouble for 8 years after having a bad life before that. Thats not worth glorifying?

I love how conservatives hold up "we shouldnt judge, we should forgive like Jesus" when its convenient but when it's not we see a ton of content questioning the value of the dead.

Pistol wipping pregnant woman= just a bad life, no big deal. Next up murals of Mengele, for advancing science.

I'm not perfect so i judge, i do find it revolting that a guy can commit such a terrible crime, on the same level as child rape, torture, etc and few years later his face is on murals being depicted as an angel and being lauded as a hero.
Jun 6 2020 03:30pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jun 6 2020 04:27pm)
Go ask tekashi69 how his community views him now, and he ratted on people plotting his murder.

Cool story. I think you need to do some introspection, because "the black guy might be mugging people because blacks dont snitch" is racist on several levels.

Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 6 2020 04:29pm)
Pistol wipping pregnant woman= just a bad life, no big deal. Next up murals of Mengele, for advancing science.

I'm not perfect so i judge, i do find it revolting that a guy can commit such a terrible crime, on the same level as child rape, torture, etc and few years later his face is on murals being depicted as an angel and being lauded as a hero.

Was he being lauded as a hero? because ive only seen him as a victim.

Yeah, he did shitty things and served his time. He seems to have been doing better since he served his time.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Jun 6 2020 03:32pm
Jun 6 2020 03:34pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 7 2020 07:30am)
Cool story. I think you need to do some introspection, because "the black guy might be mugging people because blacks dont snitch" is racist on several levels.

Facts are facts, go watch some world star videos and read the comments section.
Or just type "are African Americans less likely to cooperate with police?" Into Google. Or bing in your case.
I am not crazy for thinking a violent felon didn't suddenly reform when he literally had drugs in his system the day he died right?

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Jun 6 2020 03:35pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 6 2020 03:39pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 6 2020 05:29pm)

What I'm interested in is why so many feel the need to focus on his past wrongs as a way to somehow justify his death or invalidate the protests.

Part of it, I'm guessing, is that every issue in America has to become another battle in the culture war. Right-wingers aren't comfortable agreeing with liberals on anything, so this is a way to create a new narrative surrounding Floyd's horrific death, where you guys can fight against liberals.

My guess is there's some sort of larger racial motivation as well, considering this sort of argument has happened after so many police beatings/killings of black men.
Gold: 13,345.00
Jun 6 2020 03:44pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 6 2020 05:39pm)
What I'm interested in is why so many feel the need to focus on his past wrongs as a way to somehow justify his death or invalidate the protests.

Part of it, I'm guessing, is that every issue in America has to become another battle in the culture war. Right-wingers aren't comfortable agreeing with liberals on anything, so this is a way to create a new narrative surrounding Floyd's horrific death, where you guys can fight against liberals.

My guess is there's some sort of larger racial motivation as well, considering this sort of argument has happened after so many police beatings/killings of black men.

I'm not justifying his death, his death was wrong and once the investigation is cleared up the cops if they are responsible for the death need to face justice.

He is literally being depicted as an angel and is being labeled a hero, artists around the world are giving him tribute. This is a man that put a gun to a pregnant black woman as a threat when robbing her and you see nothing wrong with this?
Jun 6 2020 03:45pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 7 2020 07:39am)

My stance is that this is not systematic and that in a country the size of America I am surprised it doesn't happen more.
Why do cop lives not matter? A cop is 18 times more likely to be killed by an African American than to kill one.
Cops kill people of every race and not all of those killings are justified, but what's the solution? You cant catch every bad apple before it falls, burning down your own community will not help.
Maybe wait to see what happens in court before rioting at least.
Jun 6 2020 03:48pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jun 6 2020 04:34pm)
Facts are facts, go watch some world star videos and read the comments section.
Or just type "are African Americans less likely to cooperate with police?" Into Google. Or bing in your case.
I am not crazy for thinking a violent felon didn't suddenly reform when he literally had drugs in his system the day he died right?

Yeah, applying statistics to an individual is how all racists justify their conclusions.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1378337843785378637875001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll