d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1368369370371372983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
May 1 2020 11:54pm
Quote (Ghot @ 2 May 2020 07:49)
You didn't "quote" anything from the article.

/e Here I'll help you...

get your reading glasses and try again, grandpa:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81747604&f=119&p=557574994

Although many respondents disagree with Kaepernick's stance, 64 percent of all the people who were surveyed agreed that Kaepernick has a constitutional right to protest and shouldn't be punished by the NFL.
Gold: 10,485.00
May 1 2020 11:59pm
Quote (fender @ May 2 2020 01:54am)
get your reading glasses and try again, grandpa:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81747604&f=119&p=557574994

Here ya go... let's have the whole article... not your cherry picked portion....

Colin Kaepernick's protest seems to be gaining steam with some of his fellow NFL players, however, it doesn't seem to be catching on with the rest of the country.

In two recent polls that were both conducted within the past week, a majority of respondents said that they disagree with Kaepernick's decision to protest racial inequality and police brutality by not standing for the national anthem.

In one poll, which was conducted by Reuters, 72 percent of Americans said that they thought Kaepernick's behavior was unpatriotic. Another 61 percent said that they do not "support the stance Colin Kaepernick is taking and his decision not to stand during the national anthem."

The Reuters poll of 2,903 adults was conducted between Sept. 6-12. Kaepernick's protest went public on Aug. 26.

The poll included 1,481 people who identified as white and 612 people who identified as racial minorities. Of those two groups, 70 percent of whites disagreed with Kaepernick's stance, while only 40 percent of racial minorities disagreed with the 49ers quarterback.

Although many respondents disagree with Kaepernick's stance, 64 percent of all the people who were surveyed agreed that Kaepernick has a constitutional right to protest and shouldn't be punished by the NFL.

In another poll, which was conducted by SurveyMonkey, 44 percent of people said they are "not supportive at all of Kaepernick's protest." Another 29 percent said they did support it and the rest were unsure.

In the Survey Monkey poll, which was conducted Sept. 13-14, 60 percent of respondents said Kaepernick should not be punished by the NFL for his protesting.

Since starting his protest in August, 13 NFL players have joined Kaepernick's cause. The 49ers quarterback has said that he's going to keep sitting during the national anthem until "meaningful change" occurs in our country.

You DO notice that in the article... the line you quoted has no source, right?

In both the Reuters poll and the Survey Monkey poll... Americans said FU to Kaepernick.

/e But let's assume the line you quoted is accurate. The line itself is misleading. The line doesn't say he had a right to protest DURING the game, does it.

Yet another perfect example of "How to Lie with Statistics". <---- a book, btw.

This post was edited by Ghot on May 2 2020 12:07am
May 2 2020 12:23am
Quote (Ghot @ 2 May 2020 07:59)
Here ya go... let's have the whole article... not your cherry picked portion....

You DO notice that in the article... the line you quoted has no source, right?

In both the Reuters poll and the Survey Monkey poll... Americans said FU to Kaepernick.

/e But let's assume the line you quoted is accurate. The line itself is misleading. The line doesn't say he had a right to protest DURING the game, does it.

Yet another perfect example of "How to Lie with Statistics". <---- a book, btw.

so you admit you were lying when you claimed 'You didn't "quote" anything from the article.'? great. now you just need to learn to read the part that i specifically highlighted, so your demented brain would be able to process it: almost two thirds said he should NOT be punished by the NFL - that directly contradicts your claim that he was 'voted out of his job by the american people'.

not that it made any sense in the first place, because according to YOUR logic, don the con would also be out of a job since about week 2 of his presidency, lol.
May 2 2020 12:32am
Quote (fender @ May 2 2020 02:23am)
so you admit you were lying when you claimed 'You didn't "quote" anything from the article.'? great. now you just need to learn to read the part that i specifically highlighted, so your demented brain would be able to process it: almost two thirds said he should NOT be punished by the NFL - that directly contradicts your claim that he was 'voted out of his job by the american people'.

not that it made any sense in the first place, because according to YOUR logic, don the con would also be out of a job since about week 2 of his presidency, lol.

Yes, but as I just said... that line really doesn't say... anything. It doesn't say by who.

We have TWO surveys mentioned in that article. Then in between what those survey's results have to say, we see the line...

Sounds like a bit of editorializing to me. It probably sounds that way to you as well, if you were being honest.

/e In other words, as usual, you taken an entire article that pretty much says that the American people did NOT approve of what Kaepernick did, and managed to base your entire argument on one teeny bit of editorializing, in said article.

This post was edited by Ghot on May 2 2020 12:53am
May 2 2020 12:48am
Quote (Ghot @ 2 May 2020 08:32)
Yes, but as I just said... that line really doesn't say... anything. It doesn't say by who.

We have TWO surveys mentioned in that article. Then in between what those survey's results have to say, we see the line...

Sounds like a bit of editorializing to me. It probably sounds that way to you as well, if you were being honest.

/e In other words, as usual, you taken an entire article that pretty much says that the American people did NOT approve of what Kaepernick did, and managed to base your entire argument on one teeny bit of editorializing, in said article.

wrong again, literally every single poll i could find came to the conclusion that about 60-70% of people said that he should NOT be punished by the NFL / not be fired. you now trying to reframe this as 'agreeing or disagreeing with his protest' is completely dishonest because that was never a point i made, i specifically and explicitly addressed your 'argument' that he was 'voted out of his job' by the american people, which is clearly not supported by facts.

had you claimed 'the majority of people disagreed with his form of protest', you'd have a point - but that's not what you said.

here's a question for you: what percentage of americans do you think agrees with vanilla ISIS, who took their walmart rifles to the michigan capitol, in order to pressure their governor into measures that not only scientists and health experts, but also a majority of americans reject?
May 2 2020 12:54am
Quote (fender @ May 2 2020 02:48am)
wrong again, literally every single poll i could find came to the conclusion that about 60-70% of people said that he should NOT be punished by the NFL / not be fired. you now trying to reframe this as 'agreeing or disagreeing with his protest' is completely dishonest because that was never a point i made, i specifically and explicitly addressed your 'argument' that he was 'voted out of his job' by the american people, which is clearly not supported by facts.

had you claimed 'the majority of people disagreed with his form of protest', you'd have a point - but that's not what you said.

here's a question for you: what percentage of americans do you think agrees with vanilla ISIS, who took their walmart rifles to the michigan capitol, in order to pressure their governor into measures that not only scientists and health experts, but also a majority of americans reject?

Having just woken up, I allowed myself to be dragged into your BS. My bad.

Here ya go...

The really important part of this argument is the fact that you even brought up an article from 2-3 weeks after Kaepernick started his crap, to rebut something I stated "today".
We CAN see the results of what America and the NFL decided. We don't need to look at a Sept. 2016 article concerning a poll that happened BEFORE the American public AND the NFL, actually... acted.

We NOW have a better "poll". We have the results, no polls necessary, anymore.

But this is your typical modus operandi. Ignore the RESULTS of his actions by dragging out a poll from BEFORE his actions HAD results.
May 2 2020 01:00am
Quote (Ghot @ 2 May 2020 08:54)
Having just woken up, I allowed myself to be dragged into your BS. My bad.

Here ya go...

The really important part of this argument is the fact that you even brought up an article from 2-3 weeks after Kaepernick started his crap, to rebut something I stated "today".
We CAN see the results of what America and the NFL decided. We don't need to look at a Sept. 2016 article concerning a poll that happened BEFORE the American public AND the NFL, actually... acted.

We NOW have a better "poll". We have the results, no polls necessary, anymore.

But this is your typical modus operandi. Ignore the RESULTS of his actions by dragging out a poll from BEFORE his actions HAD results.

oh right, then it should be the easiest thing to produce a poll that shows that a majority of americans thinks it was right to fire him, supporting your moronic claim.

you know who ACTUALLY has a negative job approval rating since basically week 2 on his job? i'll give you three guesses while i'm waiting for you to come up with an excuse of pivot not to support your insane kaepernick claims with any actual facts...
May 2 2020 01:23am
Quote (fender @ May 2 2020 03:00am)
oh right, then it should be the easiest thing to produce a poll that shows that a majority of americans thinks it was right to fire him, supporting your moronic claim.

you know who ACTUALLY has a negative job approval rating since basically week 2 on his job? i'll give you three guesses while i'm waiting for you to come up with an excuse of pivot not to support your insane kaepernick claims with any actual facts...

Here are the FACTS....

America and the NFL decided to say FU to Kaepernick. We don't need a poll... we have the RESULTS. Which part don't you understand?

What you're saying, which I admit, makes no sense... is sort of like:

Let's have a poll today to see who the POTUS..... IS. We already KNOW who the POTUS is, we don't need a poll...it's over and done with. LOL
Gold: 261.37
May 2 2020 06:45am
Kaepernick doesn't have a job because he was a mediocre quarterback who had been relegated to back-up duties at the time when he decided to launch his protest.

The notion that he was (forget "is") a good starter in the league who was kicked out for protesting is a tired take that needs to die. Talent is everything to the NFL, if he was good he would be starting. No one wants a media circus for a back-up.
Gold: 285.00
May 2 2020 07:08am
Quote (Ghot @ May 2 2020 03:23am)
Here are the FACTS....

America and the NFL decided to say FU to Kaepernick. We don't need a poll... we have the RESULTS. Which part don't you understand?

What you're saying, which I admit, makes no sense... is sort of like:

Let's have a poll today to see who the POTUS..... IS. We already KNOW who the POTUS is, we don't need a poll...it's over and done with. LOL

#tacitcollusion

Quote (bogie160 @ May 2 2020 08:45am)
Kaepernick doesn't have a job because he was a mediocre quarterback who had been relegated to back-up duties at the time when he decided to launch his protest.

The notion that he was (forget "is") a good starter in the league who was kicked out for protesting is a tired take that needs to die. Talent is everything to the NFL, if he was good he would be starting. No one wants a media circus for a back-up.

We definitely don't have champions like Ali anymore. American atheletes are not role models they are failures as leaders in their communities for sure.

He might not have been the best quarterback but he was the only one in the NFL with any guts.

This post was edited by Skinned on May 2 2020 07:11am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1368369370371372983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll