d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Religion Actually Does To People - Part One > Childhood Indoctrination Is Child Abuse
Prev1353637383941Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 3 2015 04:55am
Quote (CPK001 @ Feb 1 2015 05:26am)

So was their reasons for having an open relationship to fulfill their own desires? Sex outside of marriage is impure and immoral and known as committing adultery. A marriage is a man and woman becoming one flesh. If there are multiple fleshes involved the love is divided you cannot love one another fully.

You're moving the goal posts, here. You said:

I can give you a few reasons how sex before marriage is harmful.

1. Sex outside of marriage causes damage both physically and causes relational consequences.
Not only is there a risk of children being born without two parents but then there is also AIDS and STD you have to worry about. They are very real diseases.

...to which I pointed out there are instances where these things just aren't true. And within those instances, the people involved are living in healthier, happier relationships. Hell, the Old Testament is filled with people practicing polygamy. It's even debatable if the New Testament forbids polygamy. I suppose you could argue that so long as the people involved get married, that it's not a sin if a man has two wives. But that really doesn't answer why it's wrong for people to be in open relationships. Then it contradicts your point about "not dividing your love" that you just made.

Quote (CPK001 @ Feb 1 2015 05:26am)

As for friends of the people involved. Your friend ruins their marriage with an affair, why don't you care? Why do you not care that your friend's life is at peril? What kind of friend are you if you do not care for them? If you see them heading towards danger, would you not stop them? Would you not help them?

Oh and it is called a reputation, what are they known by if they did that terrible thing? Think of the other victim, their heart is broken. Yet "Who gives a shit?"

Did you not see that I said:

I can obviously tell them not to have affairs. I can tell them what a mistake they made.

But I'm most definitely not actually their friend if the first thing I think of every time I see them that they committed adultery. It's part of that whole "turn the other cheek" and "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone" thing.

The bottom line is I am not the one harmed by the adultery. The people in the relationship are the ones harmed by the adultery, lies, and cheating. That's why it's "who gives a shit?" It's their relationship. They are the ones who are affected by it. It is not about me, or you, or anyone else besides those people and their children. It takes a special kind of terrible person to think:

Sex outside of marriage damages not only the person's friends or outsiders to view them as adulterers

You making your friend's affair about you is selfish. If you're actually their friend, you can of course be upset with them over destroying their relationship. But you can't sit there from every moment forward like you're still some kind of friend if you think "Gee, you did that awful thing to your wife ten years ago, it still really bothers me, and you're going to spend eternity in a lake of fire being tortured for that mistake that ruined your entire life because you're children won't talk to you."

If you want to shame people for making terrible mistakes that don't directly affect you and don't pose any further danger to anyone else (i.e. an affair), that makes you kind of a shit head.

Feb 3 2015 05:44am
Quote (sylvannos @ Feb 3 2015 08:55pm)
You're moving the goal posts, here. You said:

...to which I pointed out there are instances where these things just aren't true. And within those instances, the people involved are living in healthier, happier relationships. Hell, the Old Testament is filled with people practicing polygamy. It's even debatable if the New Testament forbids polygamy. I suppose you could argue that so long as the people involved get married, that it's not a sin if a man has two wives. But that really doesn't answer why it's wrong for people to be in open relationships. Then it contradicts your point about "not dividing your love" that you just made.

Have you seen their relationships in full? You do not see the behind closed doors when nobody else is around. I guarantee that the relationship is tearing itself apart from within. Sexual Immorality destroys families. We've seen the judgement happen to those people who did practice polygamy. The Bible does say any sexual interaction outside marriage is adultery and immoral. Marriage is when we make our vows to eachother and towards God. Marriage is for two fleshes to become one. It is a sin if a man has two wives. I showed you earlier in the Australian Act that marriage is between one man and one woman getting together, excluding all others.

Did you not see that I said:

The bottom line is I am not the one harmed by the adultery. The people in the relationship are the ones harmed by the adultery, lies, and cheating. That's why it's "who gives a shit?" It's their relationship. They are the ones who are affected by it. It is not about me, or you, or anyone else besides those people and their children. It takes a special kind of terrible person to think:

If I see some old person getting robbed right before my eyes why should I help them if I'm not personally harmed by the robbery? It is called human nature. If we see somebody that we do not despise we will help them in any way we can, especially if it is our friend. Their relationship breakdown does not only affect the people directly involved. The way your friend would act and relate to you would be different as well. You may not be directly affected by their relationship but you will care and you will give a shit, seeing a good friend of yours and their family being torn apart.

You making your friend's affair about you is selfish. If you're actually their friend, you can of course be upset with them over destroying their relationship. But you can't sit there from every moment forward like you're still some kind of friend if you think "Gee, you did that awful thing to your wife ten years ago, it still really bothers me, and you're going to spend eternity in a lake of fire being tortured for that mistake that ruined your entire life because you're children won't talk to you."

If you want to shame people for making terrible mistakes that don't directly affect you and don't pose any further danger to anyone else (i.e. an affair), that makes you kind of a shit head.

You will be very surprised how many 'terrible people' will think that. It is human nature to judge another person when their sin becomes public and shameful. Especially the Atheists, they are the ones who will judge and judge. They cannot self review their own sin and see how much of a terrible person they are. You do see it not only in movies but also in real life where the friends always make it about themselves. The shit heads are definitely out there but they will not view themselves as a shit head because they have no idea about their own sin. You can look at the story of the woman caught in adultery and how she was about to get stoned before Jesus stopped them. You uncontrollably will have a bad reputation. Others will put you to shame for doing that dirty deed with the intention of harm. Do not act like those people do not exist.
Feb 3 2015 06:57am
Quote (CPK001 @ 2 Feb 2015 00:57)
It is because you know I'm right.

No. It's because your whole foundation is fucked. Your ability to reason and reach conclusions that don't conform to your confirmation bias is non existent. it doesn't matter what I say you will bend over backwards and deny all sense of reason to fit it into your worldview or simply discard it.

I can't have a productive conversation with someone who is that messed up in the head.
Gold: 7,252.72
Feb 3 2015 06:58am
...the concerns about adultery in the Bible are not about what most folks think they are ; instead of thinking only of sexual adultery understand that the adulteration of the Gospel is the real concern .
Feb 3 2015 07:01am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 3 Feb 2015 12:58)
...the concerns about adultery in the Bible are not about what most folks think they are ; instead of thinking only of sexual adultery understand that the adulteration of the Gospel is the real concern .

Bit of a stretch isn't it?
Gold: 0.76
Feb 3 2015 07:03am

It isn't so much about it being out of the ordinary, it is taking something and using it for something other than its original intention. It is for two people to deepen their intimacy towards one another. It is a love that you have only for that one other person. It cannot be distributed among multiple people. Nobody can serve two masters. Of course you can be really, really good mates with somebody of the same gender and you can have a friendship like no other. How does that justify sexual implications towards the same gender? It doesn't. Not back then, not now and not ever.
Quote (CPK001 @ 1 Feb 2015 19:57)
It is because you know I'm right.You have just made the argument for gay and lesbian sex, The only place you can quote the laws against homosexual or lesbian sex is in Leviticus and if you use that as an excuse and don't live by and condemn everyone equally who breaks every other law listed in this book then you are the biggest hypocrite, and worse you are using God's word for your own agenda, and if that's the case how damned you must be.

Name one thing you associate with marriage - sex. Not the first thing that comes to mind! Deep unconditional Love, soul mate, togetherness, emotional support,

Name one thing you associate with sex - marriage. Once again not the first thing, fun, wildness, adventure,....there is a separation between sex and love making, in a good marriage there is a nice mixture of both, sometimes you just make love that's very passionate and loving, but other times you both may want sex and that's when you have some fun.
It is a two way implication.
yes they are two very different.

Feb 3 2015 08:34am
Quote (Scaly @ Feb 3 2015 10:57pm)
No. It's because your whole foundation is fucked. Your ability to reason and reach conclusions that don't conform to your confirmation bias is non existent. it doesn't matter what I say you will bend over backwards and deny all sense of reason to fit it into your worldview or simply discard it.

I can't have a productive conversation with someone who is that messed up in the head.

The only foundation I have is Jesus, he is my cornerstone. The thing is with you, for some strange reason you don't see anything wrong with homosexuality even though it destroys lives. You would very quickly discard any bible verse given to you as a reason to why sex outside marriage is immoral and what defines marriage.

Your ability to differ from right and wrong is basically non existent.

Remember that we are having a logical argument, not a conversation. Big difference.

Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Feb 3 2015 11:03pm)
yes they are two very different.

I already told you what is what with putting text inside quotes.
Gold: 25.13
Feb 3 2015 08:37am
people who preach anti-religion are just as irritating as people who preach religion. other than that i have no strong feelings for or against the thing you just said. please keep talking about whatever it is you were talking about
Feb 3 2015 08:42am
Quote (asthesun @ 3 Feb 2015 14:37)
people who preach anti-religion are just as irritating as people who preach religion. other than that i have no strong feelings for or against the thing you just said. please keep talking about whatever it is you were talking about

It's reassuring to know that people find the fight for equality and betterment of the human species irritating.
Gold: 25.13
Feb 3 2015 08:48am
Quote (Scaly @ Feb 3 2015 10:42am)
It's reassuring to know that people find the fight for equality and betterment of the human species irritating.

so you seek to ban religion everywhere on the basis that it would better the human species? i am not religious, mind you, but nearly everything humans have accomplished is because of a faith of some kind. of course if you need an argument point you could always point to north korea "see! atheism did that!"
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1353637383941Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll