d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Got Questions About God? > #1 Can You Really Trust The Bible?
Prev1353637383978Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,252.72
Apr 23 2013 06:03am
Quote (poulgaragr @ Apr 23 2013 01:43am)

Leave Christianity NOW

..not gonna happen pork chop !

Gold: 0.00
Apr 23 2013 08:24am
Quote (poulgaragr @ Apr 23 2013 03:48pm)
vs.

[B]Sometimes it is evident that the text has suffered in transmission, but none of the versions provides a satisfactory restoration.[/B]

Next time, READ my posts before posting your senseless "arguments" (which are a total joke as you also contradict yourself - lol)

That word sometimes stands out. Partly because 'sometimes' doesn't mean 'all the time.' It seems to me that you think the whole Bible is corrupted - period.
Yet that 'sometimes' means that 'only parts' of the Bible is in fact good and not corrupt. That in itself suggests that there are parts of the Bible that aren't corrupt and that you should take the writings into account.

When the Bible has a claim about everyday life, I personally put it into practice/to the test to see if it is true and it does turn out to be true. One example I can give you is the two kinds of people in this world. No this isn't some stupid Mathematics joke.
There are those people whom want to know all the answers and only ever keep asking questions without ever moving forward with the idea. If you ask somebody to do something, the first kind of person will want to know all the details. The details are the usual who, what, when, where and why.
Now when they ask all these questions, if you notice something they never actually go through with what they were asked to do.
The second kind of person may ask a follow up question but they won't know all the details. They will trust the other person and go through with the idea and all the answers are revealed to them anyway.

Now the Bible has that claim. I don't only apply that claim religiously but also to normal everyday life. The Bible was correct when I tested it out. If I ask somebody to close their eyes because I'm going to do something, one kind of person will close their eyes without knowing what you're going to do. The other kind of person will want to know what
you will do and won't close their eyes and let you do what you were going to do. Whether it be good or bad is not the point. The point is, the ones who go through with what you tell them are the ones who don't know all the details. They have faith with action.

An example of this in the Bible is the story of Abraham, when God told Abraham to take his son and sacrifice him to God. Abraham did not know that God would stop him but he went through with it anyway. Abraham did not know that God would provide him a lamb but Abraham trusted God even though he didn't know all the details.
That is the basis of faith, poulgaragr. Faith without knowing all the answers. If you got to know all the answers before you go through with something, you'll never go through with it. As you go through, the answers to your questions will be answered as you go through.
The next questions that arises is this: Can you trust God without knowing the answers? Well I'll let you read this link here. http://www.navigators.org/us/articles/items/0EE46F87CE7E5D0CE0440003BAAC64DB
Faith is not blind. We have faith with action.

Gold: 11,700.00
Apr 23 2013 10:53am
Quote (CPK001 @ 23 Apr 2013 14:24)
...  One example I can give you is the two kinds of people in this world. No this isn't some stupid Mathematics joke. ...

very confused your following explanations and sorry, what you are describing as 'with action' is definitely having blind faith
but i fully agree with you, while rather silly it is seemingly not a joke and it definitely has nothing to do with mathematics
Gold: 500.00
Apr 23 2013 11:47am
Quote (poulgaragr @ Apr 23 2013 12:43am)
That's because you have no answers in the first place - lol

REMINDER:

You OWN SCHOLARS say that your silly book is a man-made piece of crappy text that has very little to do with God

And you will NEVER be able to refute the truth with your conjectures

Leave Christianity NOW

we really need to make this sf age restricted
Gold: 10,042.00
Apr 23 2013 05:06pm
Quote (poulgaragr @ Apr 22 2013 10:48pm)
vs.

Sometimes it is evident that the text has suffered in transmission, but none of the versions provides a satisfactory restoration.

Next time, READ my posts before posting your senseless "arguments" (which are a total joke as you also contradict yourself - lol)

You forgot to mention that the parts which are unsatisfactory affect no part of the meaning of current theology. If there is a copy error, it's likely that articles and pronouns were affected. Not long strung out sentences that say "Jesus was a miracle worker" to "Jesus was a masseuse worker".
Gold: 2,285.00
Apr 23 2013 05:10pm
Quote (Ylem122 @ Apr 23 2013 01:44am)
and Join the athiests or buddhists, their cool too.

Join the atheists. We get drunk and talk about outer space in between periods of worshipping Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Apr 23 2013 09:12pm
Quote (brmv @ Apr 24 2013 02:53am)
very confused your following explanations and sorry, what you are describing as 'with action' is definitely having blind faith
but i fully agree with you, while rather silly it is seemingly not a joke and it definitely has nothing to do with mathematics

If you mention blind faith, that was covered in question #6. From blind faith to Wide-Eyed belief.
I can link that to you if you want.

If you're confused about what I'm saying, I'll tell you what I'm saying. I'm saying that you can apply what the Bible claims into normal everyday life and the claims will hold true.
One such claim are:the people who listen to you without knowing all the details and the people who want to know all the details before hand but never follow through.
I used the example of Abraham.

Now if I were to give an example to everyday life, just ask somebody to close their eyes and open their mouth really wide. Some people will do it without asking what you're going to do.
The other kind of person will ask why and ask what you're going to do and will usually not do what is asked of them.

Now if I were to go back to the Bible where this happens, God gets his people to do what he asks when they, themselves don't know all the details.
Apr 23 2013 09:22pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 24 Apr 2013 03:12)
If you mention blind faith, that was covered in question #6. From blind faith to Wide-Eyed belief.
I can link that to you if you want.
If you're confused about what I'm saying, I'll tell you what I'm saying. I'm saying that you can apply what the Bible claims into normal everyday life and the claims will hold true.
One such claim are:the people who listen to you without knowing all the details and the people who want to know all the details before hand but never follow through.
I used the example of Abraham.
Now if I were to give an example to everyday life, just ask somebody to close their eyes and open their mouth really wide. Some people will do it without asking what you're going to do.
The other kind of person will ask why and ask what you're going to do and will usually not do what is asked of them.
Now if I were to go back to the Bible where this happens, God gets his people to do what he asks when they, themselves don't know all the details.

and that is nothing but 'blind faith'
but you are excused, by now everyone knows that you show no reason when you are discussing anything related to religion
Apr 23 2013 11:04pm
Quote (brmv @ Apr 24 2013 01:22pm)
and that is nothing but 'blind faith'
but you are excused, by now everyone knows that you show no reason when you are discussing anything related to religion

Can you explain to me what my point was?
Apr 23 2013 11:58pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 24 Apr 2013 05:04)
Can you explain to me what my point was?

the point was that you love to find new terminology to describe old things
here it is just about running circles around blind faith but faithfully avoiding to call it that :rolleyes:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1353637383978Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll