d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1343536373863Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 109.01
Sep 5 2015 08:47am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 5 2015 09:36am)
Hopefully this will clear things up. 6:20 gets to the meat and potatoes then 11:00 is fairly amusing suggested drinking games for every hallelujah, or praise Jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnffOaogKMM

In a serious note these events plus the faith healings are what's worst about religion these parasites prey on the weak and desperate, They give claims that they can't keep and have plants in the audience .they'll claim that they're not in it for the money but there is always a "Love offering gathered" taken . And most will have a music group that is part of the show who also has a couple CD.s for sale..profits going towards ministry ofc.

I didn't pull up a faith healing clip because I was trying to highlight the revival aspect. the Faith Healing becomes so disgusting in it's deceitfulness that it overshadows all else.

There's some interesting cases of faith healing actually helping, its not all smoke and mirrors, though I would concede there's probably more charlatan's and snake oil salesmen then effective faith healers. I think its something like a placebo which on paper shouldn't do anything, but has reasonable effectiveness in a statistically relevant number of cases. The ceremony of the ritual process, especially in group dynamics seems particular effective, especially if you look at some of the primitive tribes from around the world. It's thought provoking nonetheless, and not at all settled science.

Study: The Miracles: A Doctor says "Yes"
by Richard H. Casdorph.(Logos International, 1976)
http://christiancadre./2009/05/scientifically-documented-miracles.html

Richard H. Casdroph collected medical evidence, x-rays, angiograms, and other data from 10 cases associated with the Kathryn Kulhman ministry. Now it will of course strike skeptics as laughable to document the miracles of a faith healer. Ordinarily I myself tend to be highly skeptical of any televangelists. I am still skeptical of Kulhman because of her highly theatrical manner. But I always had the impression that there was actual documentation of her miracles and I guess that impression was created by the Casdorph book.

The Casdroph book goes into great detail on every case. Since these were not the actual patients of Casdroph himself, there are three tiers of medical data and opinion; Casdroph himself and his evaluation of the data, several doctors with whom he consulted on every case (and they vary from case to case), and the original doctors of the patients themselves. The patients gave their permission and were happy to provide the medical data on their healing since they were all people who had written to the Kulhman ministry with words of their healings. Not all of them were healed immediately in the meeting. Some were healed later when they got home.Naturally, no one had a x-ray machine standing by at the faith meeting to crank out results like a Xerox copy, so all of them took some period of time to see the results. Not all of them were totally healed immediately. But all the cases were either terminal or incurable and all of them, within a year, returned to full health and pain free existences

Dr. Richard Steiner, of the American Board of Pathology, head of department of Pathology Long Beach Community Hospital reviewed several of the slides. William Olson, American Board of Internal Medicine and head of Isotope Department at Long Beach Community Hospital, and several radiologists from that Hospital also consulted on the rest of the cases.

1) Reticulum cell Sarcoma, right pelvic bone.
2) Chronic Rheumatoid Arthritis with Severe Disability
3) Malignant Brain Tumor (Glioma) of the left temporal lobe
4) Multiple Sclerosis
5) Arteriosclerosis Heart Disease
6) Carcinoma of the Kidney (Hyperthyroidism)
7) Mixed Rheumatoid Arthritis with Osteoarthritis
8) Probable Brain Tumor vs Infarction of the Brain
9) Massive GI Hemorrhage with GI shock (instantly healed)
10) Osteoporosis of the Entire Spine

All of these people were totally healed of incurable or terminal states. The one commonality they all have is that they were at some point prayed for by the same person, Kulhman. Let's look at a few examples:

ofc there is this too

Prayers Don't Help Heart Surgery Patients; Some Fare Worse When Prayed For
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/04/060403133554.htm

Now, the largest study to date, covering 1,800 people who underwent coronary bypass surgery at six different hospitals, supported the latter research.

Not only that, but patients who knew that others were praying for them fared worse than those who did not receive such spiritual support, or who did but were not aware of it.

Those who conducted the study are quick to say that its results do not challenge the existence of God. Also, it did not try to address such religious questions as the efficacy of one form of prayer over others, whether God answers intercessory prayers, or whether prayers from one religious group work better than prayers from another, according to the Rev. Dean Marek, a chaplain at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on Sep 5 2015 08:52am
Gold: 0.00
Sep 5 2015 08:52am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ 5 Sep 2015 14:36)
Hopefully this will clear things up. 6:20 gets to the meat and potatoes then 11:00 is fairly amusing suggested drinking games for every hallelujah, or praise Jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnffOaogKMM

In a serious note these events plus the faith healings are what's worst about religion these parasites prey on the weak and desperate, They give claims that they can't keep and have plants in the audience .they'll claim that they're not in it for the money but there is always a "Love offering gathered" taken . And most will have a music group that is part of the show who also has a couple CD.s for sale..profits going towards ministry ofc.

I didn't pull up a faith healing clip because I was trying to highlight the revival aspect. the Faith Healing becomes so disgusting in it's deceitfulness that it overshadows all else.

Oh... I'm aware of revival services.

I just didn't really see how it fits in here...

Quote (CPK001 @ 5 Sep 2015 08:13)
Now why would the bears do that unless you were not ugly?

And now you've resorted to awful insults.

Am I supposed to be offended by someone on the internet calling me ugly? Pathetic mate. Your poor attempts at arguing and trolling have failed and now your attempt to outright insult me is equally impotent.

Maybe time to give up and admit you're outmatched?
Gold: 0.76
Sep 5 2015 09:01am
Quote (Master_Zappy @ 5 Sep 2015 09:47)
There's some interesting cases of faith healing actually helping, its not all smoke and mirrors, though I would concede there's probably more charlatan's and snake oil salesmen then effective faith healers. I think its something like a placebo which on paper shouldn't do anything, but has reasonable effectiveness in a statistically relevant number of cases. The process of the ritual process, especially in group dynamics seems particular effective, especially if you look at some of the primitive tribes from around the world. It's thought provoking nonetheless.

I can definitely go along with the power of having positive people surrounding you and being placed into a positive state of mind yourself. The body can do some cool stuff on it's own. Since kicking Narcotics I've used meditation mixed with vigorous exercise (to get endorphins flowing) to help manage pain, but the positive knowledge of knowing I have some control gives me some relief as well ie: less tightening of muscles, and honestly less dwelling on it. So yeah I'll agree that the mood and the positive energy can help, but I'm still very skeptical of the "faith healers"
Gold: 7,252.72
Sep 5 2015 10:05am
◄ Matthew 17:20 ►

New International Version

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
Sep 5 2015 10:16am
Quote (Scaly @ 5 Sep 2015 09:52)
Oh... I'm aware of revival services.

I just didn't really see how it fits in here...

?
a page or so ago C3pok3521 or whatever was evangelizing to you, "you have a weight (Daddy Panda?) holding you back" and we we're joking about it is all a tent revival just seemed about as syrupy Christian as I could get.

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 5 Sep 2015 11:05)
◄ Matthew 17:20 ►

New International Version

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

So you are taking this literally? or what?

This post was edited by Valhalls_Sun on Sep 5 2015 10:19am
Sep 5 2015 10:18am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 5 2015 12:16pm)
So you are taking this literally? or what?

...you are blind as to the actual power of faith ; I am not .

Gold: 159.02
Sep 5 2015 10:20am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 5 Sep 2015 10:18)

faith has no power, dipshit
Sep 5 2015 10:21am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 5 Sep 2015 11:18)

nope here we go again. I'm not getting sucked in to your game. of evading questions.
Sep 5 2015 10:22am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 5 Sep 2015 11:18)

nope here we go again. I'm not getting sucked in to your game. of evading questions.
Sep 5 2015 10:24am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 5 2015 12:21pm)

...how many times do I have to remind you that you forfeited your privilege to ask me questions a long time ago . I reply as I so choose and not according to your dictates .
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1343536373863Next
Closed New Topic New Poll