d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev13483493503513523169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 18 2016 03:01pm
Quote (majorblood @ May 18 2016 12:56pm)
you have a vivid imagination.

Trump understands negotiations better than you or I.

What are you Trumpers anyway?

You're not conservatives and you're not liberals, moderates, or rational

other than white enthusiasts I haven't been able to nail down the ideology
Gold: 3.33
May 18 2016 03:11pm
Quote (Beowulf @ May 18 2016 10:01pm)

it's not an ideology, it's idolatry

This post was edited by dro94 on May 18 2016 03:11pm
Gold: 2,620.00
May 18 2016 03:22pm
Trump released a list of 11 potential Supreme Court Justices that he would nominate to fill the SCOTUS vacancy.

I went through them, and most of them were unsurprisingly staunchly Conservative.

This is one of the biggest reasons I cannot vote for Trump. The biggest reason is because if he were our president, we would be a global laughingstock. A second reason is because his policy proposals have been all over the place and are sometimes embarrassingly poorly thought-out.

But the SCOTUS vacancy is another big reason. Obviously many of us disagree on this, but I favor judges who view the Constitution as a 'living' document over those who view it was a 'dead' document (originalist, texualist, etc).

I have a lot of respect for that perspective and for judges like Scalia, but I think moderate or liberal justices who view the Constitution as a living document tend to make legal decisions that are more consistent with the Constitution rather than their personal religious beliefs (see: Obergefell v. Hodges, which was somehow only a 5-4 decision).

So for those 3 main reasons, I won't be voting for Donald Trump. The SCOTUS vacancy is a very big issue for me.
Gold: 285.00
May 18 2016 03:25pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ May 18 2016 04:22pm)
Trump released a list of 11 potential Supreme Court Justices that he would nominate to fill the SCOTUS vacancy.

I went through them, and most of them were unsurprisingly staunchly Conservative.

This is one of the biggest reasons I cannot vote for Trump. The biggest reason is because if he were our president, we would be a global laughingstock. A second reason is because his policy proposals have been all over the place and are sometimes embarrassingly poorly thought-out.

But the SCOTUS vacancy is another big reason. Obviously many of us disagree on this, but I favor judges who view the Constitution as a 'living' document over those who view it was a 'dead' document (originalist, texualist, etc).

I have a lot of respect for that perspective and for judges like Scalia, but I think moderate or liberal justices who view the Constitution as a living document tend to make legal decisions that are more consistent with the Constitution rather than their personal religious beliefs (see: Obergefell v. Hodges, which was somehow only a 5-4 decision).

So for those 3 main reasons, I won't be voting for Donald Trump. The SCOTUS vacancy is a very big issue for me.

I know the guy who argued that case, he speaks at a lot of private events here in the nonprofit circuit. He is always a good host.
Gold: 0.00
May 18 2016 03:39pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ May 18 2016 04:22pm)

Luckily you live in texas good luck getting that state to turn democrat in november...you might as well just not vote at all Trump will win by a landslide there
Gold: 2,617.52
May 18 2016 04:08pm
Quote (Beowulf @ May 18 2016 05:01pm)

At least 14 different idealogies make up the right in total. The democrats are far less diverse or even differentiated.
May 18 2016 04:10pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ May 18 2016 02:08pm)
At least 14 different idealogies make up the right in total. The democrats are far less diverse or even differentiated.

cool so which are the enthusiastic white males that have meme murdered the internet
Gold: 9.87
May 18 2016 04:16pm
Quote (Beowulf @ May 18 2016 05:10pm)
cool so which are the enthusiastic white males that have meme murdered the internet

I believe they are known as the alt right
Gold: 2,617.52
May 18 2016 05:02pm
Quote (Beowulf @ May 18 2016 06:10pm)

Looks like pretty much everyone except neocons, the religious-bent, and the most entrenched libertarians. Trump also has an odd amount of 4chan support, which was always a haven for meritocracy and free speech - among other things.

And stop being racist and sexist, you privileged mofo.
May 18 2016 05:15pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ May 18 2016 03:02pm)
Looks like pretty much everyone except neocons, the religious-bent, and the most entrenched libertarians. Trump also has an odd amount of 4chan support, which was always a haven for meritocracy and free speech - among other things.

And stop being racist and sexist, you privileged mofo.

When Trump fails will Dan Bilzerian be the 2020 people's champ?

Wouldn't be a bad candidate for you non neoconreligiousbententrenchedlibertarians

he's white, lies about everything including where his money came from, Instagram famous, has good hair but tiny feet, much better vocabulary than Trump, I dunno how much he hates brown people though so we would have to research that

the meme revolution doesn't have to die with the grand orange wizard
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13483493503513523169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll