d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1345346347348349983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22,164.69
Apr 24 2020 03:46pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 24 2020 04:29pm)
Yeah, he wasnt being sarcastic, he was being completely clueless and talking out of his ass.

talking out of his ass moreso than normal
I think that needs to be specified
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 24 2020 03:55pm
Quote (Ghot @ 24 Apr 2020 23:31)
Yeah, but we KNOW he does that. :)

In fact, we KNEW that on Jan 21 2017. :D

Fine. He's sarcastic a lot, he trolls a lot, he talks a lot of shit. We all know that. And usually, I dont have any problem with it.

But these are not normal times, this is a global pandemic, a huge health crisis affecting hundreds of millions of Americans. This is not one of his rallies where he can talk out of his ass and his followers will eat it up, this is a live briefing on a deadly virus wreaking havoc. In a situation like this, people can and should expect sober, clear messaging and leadership from their President, not a bizarre clown show.

God knows I like to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on almost anything and to take his side whenever there is any ambiguity - but I'm starting to get really fed up by this nonsense, by his complete and total failure to get his fucking act together when it comes to coronavirus. :rolleyes:

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Apr 24 2020 03:56pm
Gold: 57.00
Apr 24 2020 04:15pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 24 Apr 2020 17:55)
Fine. He's sarcastic a lot, he trolls a lot, he talks a lot of shit. We all know that. And usually, I dont have any problem with it.

But these are not normal times, this is a global pandemic, a huge health crisis affecting hundreds of millions of Americans. This is not one of his rallies where he can talk out of his ass and his followers will eat it up, this is a live briefing on a deadly virus wreaking havoc. In a situation like this, people can and should expect sober, clear messaging and leadership from their President, not a bizarre clown show.

God knows I like to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on almost anything and to take his side whenever there is any ambiguity - but I'm starting to get really fed up by this nonsense, by his complete and total failure to get his fucking act together when it comes to coronavirus. :rolleyes:

yeah we should’ve let 2 million die and not closed the travel borders like other politicians suggested

some guy who ditched science class doesn’t know science and defers to Fauci and Birx news at 11
Quote (IceMage @ 24 Apr 2020 16:40)
Yes. I see a person not being sarcastic talking about using light and disinfectants in the body to kill the coronavirus.

basement-dwelling losers like you could use some sunlight, although youre safe from corona.

This post was edited by excellence on Apr 24 2020 04:17pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Apr 24 2020 04:18pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 24 2020 05:55pm)

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think it matters. Idiots are gonna be idiots no matter who the President is, or what he says. The reverse is also true.
Think of all the protests around the world when Trump won. No one was listening to Trump then, so why would it be different now.

Sure it'd be nice to have an eloquent POTUS, like a Jefferson, a Lincoln or a Kennedy. But the US won't fall apart with a SNL-esque President.

There were folks eating tide-pods before Trump came a long and there will be folks doing similar dumb shyt things long after he's gone.

Last but not least, there's no such thing as... "normal times". For the last 20k years the human race has been moving from one unmitigated disaster to the next.
Don't ruin your day or your life thinking there's a "normal times" out there, just waiting to be found. There isn't.

/e

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 24 2020 04:25pm
Gold: 260.11
Apr 24 2020 04:19pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 24 2020 04:55pm)

Difference is that we expect a president to be responsible and professional all the time, not just when theres a problem.
Gold: 57.00
Apr 24 2020 04:24pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 24 Apr 2020 18:19)
Difference is that we expect a president to be responsible and professional all the time, not just when theres a problem.

youre a drain on society so no one cares about your expectations. enjoy the next taxpayer-funded check, privileged lefty!
Apr 24 2020 04:30pm
Quote (excellence @ 25 Apr 2020 00:15)
yeah we should’ve let 2 million die and not closed the travel borders like other politicians suggested

some guy who ditched science class doesn’t know science and defers to Fauci and Birx news at 11

If only he would do that, if only he would defer to Fauci and Birx instead of seeking the spotlight all the time despite having nothing constructive to contribute - neither expertise nor clear messaging nor compassion for suffering citizens, nor anything else.

Btw: the fact that he was right to (somewhat) close the borders early on doesnt excuse all the mistakes and failures that came later. Closing the borders early on bought the country more time - time which the Trump administration then pissed away doing nothing. And when the wave finally hit the country, Trump was not able to provide clear messaging, leadership, coordination or insight. He also wasnt able to find words of comfort or compassion, even though a lot of people would have liked to hear such words during times like these. And to top it off, he has not only contributed nothing productive, his presence and messaging has been actively detrimental to the work of his experts and the governors.

^Ghot
You're splitting hairs. There are definitely "more normal" times and more crazy times. We're currently living in the latter. You'll have a really hard time arguing against the fact that, e.g., 2017-2019 were more normal times than 2020 has been so far.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Apr 24 2020 04:32pm
Apr 24 2020 04:35pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 25 Apr 2020 00:19)

Meh. Imho, political leaders' role in day-to-day business is overrated anyway. I, personally, have no problem with a president who has a populist streak or a trollish side. But I expect any political leader to get his/her act together when the country/the world goes through a real crisis, when the situation really calls for it.
Gold: 10,485.00
Apr 24 2020 04:38pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 24 2020 06:35pm)
Meh. Imho, political leaders' role in day-to-day business is overrated anyway. I, personally, have no problem with a president who has a populist streak or a trollish side. But I expect any political leader to get his/her act together when the country/the world goes through a real crisis, when the situation really calls for it.

Oh... I see your point. Sort of like Caligula. :D

/e Every generation learns history, and thinks.... WE are gonna fix things, so stuff like that doesn't happen any more.
Then, 20-30 years passes and it starts all over again... ad infinitum.

Things DO get incrementally better. But it happens so slowly that the only thing you can really do, is...

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 24 2020 04:45pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 24 2020 05:11pm
Quote (excellence @ Apr 24 2020 06:15pm)
basement-dwelling losers like you could use some sunlight, although youre safe from corona.

Invalid post specified, or post already reported.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345346347348349983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll