d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1342343344345346487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jan 14 2023 11:24pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jan 15 2023 06:20pm)
lol what a load of mental gymnastics.........

I was hoping you would pick

"Bro here is a deep quote from the bible that has nothing to do with the question for 500 alex"

I should really compile these into a list

This post was edited by addone on Jan 14 2023 11:24pm
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jan 14 2023 11:34pm
Quote (addone @ Jan 14 2023 09:24pm)
I was hoping you would pick

"Bro here is a deep quote from the bible that has nothing to do with the question for 500 alex"

I should really compile these into a list

sorry dude its a metaphor. bible is loaded with them so is the english language. if the bible said "elbow grease" you would go "yuk yuk teehee ha teehee bible says put grease on your elbow"

and the other one tells you how to respond and how not to respond
Jan 14 2023 11:35pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jan 15 2023 06:34pm)
sorry dude its a metaphor. bible is loaded with them so is the english language. if the bible said "elbow grease" you would go "yuk yuk teehee ha teehee bible says put grease on your elbow"

and the other one tells you how to respond and how not to respond

Where does it say elbow grease?

This post was edited by addone on Jan 14 2023 11:36pm
Jan 14 2023 11:38pm
Quote (addone @ Jan 14 2023 09:35pm)
Where does it say elbow grease?

i said "if" see look at the sentence it starts with a "if" see how fast you miss stuff but you want to try to convince us your some kind of scripture guru?

if the bible said "elbow grease" you would go "yuk yuk teehee ha teehee bible says put grease on your elbow"
Jan 15 2023 12:01am
Quote (TiStuff @ Jan 15 2023 06:38pm)
i said "if" see look at the sentence it starts with a "if" see how fast you miss stuff but you want to try to convince us your some kind of scripture guru?

if the bible said "elbow grease" you would go "yuk yuk teehee ha teehee bible says put grease on your elbow"

Well then "if" it says elbow grease then that is a common expression an idiom that is used very commonly. Now when was the last time you heard I saw God face to face was a common expression other then QUOTE from the bible?
It goes on that Jacob had a wrestling match with God also not just a face to face encounter. That also a metaphor?

Jacob Prepares to Meet Esau

1Jacob also went on his way, and the angels of God met him. 2When Jacob saw them, he said, “This is the camp of God.” So he named that place Mahanaim.a

3Jacob sent messengers ahead of him to his brother Esau in the land of Seir, the country of Edom. 4He instructed them, “You are to say to my master Esau, ‘Your servant Jacob says: I have been staying with Laban and have remained there until now. 5I have oxen, donkeys, flocks, menservants, and maidservants. I have sent this message to inform my master, so that I may find favor in your sight.’ ”

6When the messengers returned to Jacob, they said, “We went to your brother Esau, and now he is coming to meet you—he and four hundred men with him.”

7In great fear and distress, Jacob divided his people into two camps, as well as the flocks and herds and camels. 8He thought, “If Esau comes and attacks one camp, then the other camp can escape.”

9Then Jacob declared, “O God of my father Abraham, God of my father Isaac, the LORD who told me, ‘Go back to your country and to your kindred, and I will make you prosper,’ 10I am unworthy of all the kindness and faithfulness You have shown Your servant. Indeed, with only my staff I came across the Jordan, but now I have become two camps. 11Please deliver me from the hand of my brother Esau, for I am afraid that he may come and attack me and the mothers and children with me. 12But You have said, ‘I will surely make you prosper, and I will make your offspring like the sand of the sea, too numerous to count.’ ”

13Jacob spent the night there, and from what he had brought with him, he selected a gift for his brother Esau: 14200 female goats, 20 male goats, 200 ewes, 20 rams, 1530 milk camels with their young, 40 cows, 10 bulls, 20 female donkeys, and 10 male donkeys. 16He entrusted them to his servants in separate herds and told them, “Go on ahead of me, and keep some distance between the herds.”

17He instructed the one in the lead, “When my brother Esau meets you and asks, ‘To whom do you belong, where are you going, and whose animals are these before you?’ 18then you are to say, ‘They belong to your servant Jacob. They are a gift, sent to my lord Esau. And behold, Jacob is behind us.’ ”

19He also instructed the second, the third, and all those following behind the herds: “When you meet Esau, you are to say the same thing to him. 20You are also to say, ‘Look, your servant Jacob is right behind us.’ ” For he thought, “I will appease Esaub with the gift that is going before me. After that I can face him, and perhaps he will accept me.c”

21So Jacob’s gifts went on before him, while he spent the night in the camp.

Jacob Wrestles with God

22During the night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two maidservants, and his eleven sons, and crossed the ford of the Jabbok. 23He took them and sent them across the stream, along with all his possessions.

24So Jacob was left all alone, and there a man wrestled with him until daybreak. 25When the man saw that he could not overpower Jacob, he struck the socket of Jacob’s hip and dislocated it as they wrestled. 26Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”
But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”

27“What is your name?” the man asked.

“Jacob,” he replied.

28Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men, and you have prevailed.”

29And Jacob requested, “Please tell me your name.”

But he replied, “Why do you ask my name?” Then he blessed Jacob there.

30So Jacob named the place Peniel, saying, “Indeed, I have seen God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”
31The sun rose above him as he passed by Penuel, and he was limping because of his hip. 32Therefore to this day the Israelites do not eat the tendon which is at the socket of the hip, because the socket of Jacob’s hip was struck near that tendon

Literally describing everything in detail as a recollection to a jury. Don't see face to face being a metaphor in the slightest he says I saw him indeed face to face

This post was edited by addone on Jan 15 2023 12:11am
Jan 15 2023 12:10am
Quote (addone @ Jan 14 2023 10:01pm)
Well then "if" it says elbow grease then that is a common expression an idiom that is used very commonly. Now when was the last time you heard I saw God face to face was a common expression other then QUOTE from the bible?
It goes on that Jacob had a wrestling match with God also not just a face to face encounter. That also a metaphor?

22During the night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two maidservants, and his eleven sons, and crossed the ford of the Jabbok. 23He took them and sent them across the stream, along with all his possessions.
24So Jacob was left all alone, and there a man wrestled with him until daybreak. 25When the man saw that he could not overpower Jacob, he struck the socket of Jacob’s hip and dislocated it as they wrestled. 26Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”
But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”

27“What is your name?” the man asked.

Sounds like a Very discriptive and physical interaction

Wrestling with God: Is it Wrong?
https://seattlechristiancounseling.com/articles/wrestling-with-god-is-it-wrong
Should we wrestle with God?
Jan 15 2023 12:15am
Quote (TiStuff @ Jan 15 2023 07:10pm)
Wrestling with God: Is it Wrong?
https://seattlechristiancounseling.com/articles/wrestling-with-god-is-it-wrong
Should we wrestle with God?

He says indeed. Also describing how he dislocated his tendon socket of a hip during the street brawl with big daddy god the undertaker. Then he had a conversation with him asking his name etc.... Or was he doing those things metaphorically also?

He was limping because of his hip

This post was edited by addone on Jan 15 2023 12:35am
Jan 15 2023 02:43am
Quote (addone @ Jan 14 2023 10:15pm)
He says indeed. Also describing how he dislocated his tendon socket of a hip during the street brawl with big daddy god the undertaker. Then he had a conversation with him asking his name etc.... Or was he doing those things metaphorically also?

He was limping because of his hip

https://imgur.com/OctsRnw.jpeg

did you read the article?

how about this scripture?
Ephesians 6:12
King James Version
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
(do you think its about actual physical struggle?)
Gold: 0.00
Jan 15 2023 05:52am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Jan 15 2023 08:41am)
" God said write this or that " ? Still humans and very dangerous; open door to fanatiscism. Big justification for murders.

And ZERO proof.

Going by that logic why should anyone trust what you post? I mean you're a human and you wrote that stuff. Why does that rule not apply to you?

Quote (addone @ Jan 15 2023 03:00pm)
Na bro you just got random as links that lead to 100 more obfuscating mental gymnastics but don't actually answer the question. I am not playing your dumb game of read a 1000's of pages for a question that requires maximum of 2 sentences to answer.

What's 2+2=?? Cpk; well I am very intelligent.... Bla Bla Bla.... Here is 50 links to my credentials..... Bla Bla Bla.... Just read 100 passages from this book.... You need to study context...... Bla Bla Bla..... 100 replies later still no actual answer.
If I had to say this is an olympic level of mental gymnastics. Stop obfuscating and dodging 1 time in your life and just say idk the bible makes no sense but I pretend like know things because I can't think for myself. Why can't you just say that why are you lying?

See how you pass off any evidence presented to you? You asked if I have studied The Bible, the work and research I have put in and have saved for future reference speaks for itself.

You ignore all evidence presented to you because you do not want to be challenged with how you live your life. You do not want to hear that you are heading towards a path of destruction, a path that will lead to eternal separation from God. You do not want to hear that you are a terrible person and do not meet the perfect standard that only Jesus ever did.

You do not want to hear that you need to give up all your idols and worship the one true God and let Jesus to the LORD over your life.

It shows whenever you come up with some lame excuse saying "That's not evidence, those are just random links." Each link and link within those links took me hours to do. I highly doubt you ever did any research of the kind, because you are afraid of being challenged.
Jan 15 2023 09:01am
face to face
https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/face-to-face_1
excerpt:
in a situation where you are forced to deal directly with a problem

Her work brings her face to face with human suffering.
come face to face with something:

It would do you good to come face to face with reality for once.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1342343344345346487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll